Go Bottom Go Bottom

headlights

View my Photos
stumpjumper
TractorPoint Premium Member -- 5 Tractors = Very Frequent Poster

2004-04-21          83869

Does anyone know if the new hood/headlights can be installed on the "older" tractors. I have a '03 tc40d. I have found there is a blind spot while using the tractor with loader on, after dark. Does the new style of headlights actually make a difference in being able to see while the front end loader is on. It is bothersome to ride around the loader up higher than usual just to have better lighting. I am tickled pink or should I say "blue" with my tractor. This is a great board!! thanks.

Reply to | Quote Post Reply to PostQuote Reply | Add PhotoAdd Photo

headlights

View my Photos
kwschumm
TractorPoint Premium Member -- 5 Tractors = Very Frequent Poster  View my Photos  Pics

2004-04-21          83896

Probably be a lot easier to put forward facing worklights on your ROPS. ....

headlights

View my Photos
cerberus

2004-04-22          83902

Stump.. I'd try aux lights on the ROPS. It'll give you more light at a better angle than the stock lights . John ....

headlights

View my Photos
brokenarrow

2004-04-22          84018

My 04, has the same problem and soon the lights will be on the rops. I can get pretty good lighting when the fel is almost all the way down with the bucket curled but am installing the rops lights next month cause it seams like the bucket is too low when traveling on rough ground and also truing to see with the standard issue. I believe the new lights give more lighting out to the sides and dont help too much for forward lighting. ....

headlights

View my Photos
TomG

2004-04-23          84042

Many work lights come in three beam widths. The middle one (often called trapezoidal) is decent for driving. I have wide flood ones since I don't often have to drive at night and usually I'm more interested is connecting, checking or tinkering with things. The narrowest width (spot) is often too narrow for driving. They often are used for field work at night--so the row ends can be seen easily. ....

headlights

View my Photos
beagle
TractorPoint Premium Member -- 5 Tractors = Very Frequent Poster  View my Photos  Pics

2004-04-23          84044

I mounted work lights on the ROPS to solve the loader/lights problem. I mounted them at about eye level on both sides because I was able to do this and easily mount the lights and hide the wires without any drilling. I would definitely recomend mounting above your eye level. If I turn to look behind me I am completely blinded. I am going to try different beams to see if it will help, but mount the lights above your head. ....

headlights

View my Photos
Murf

2004-04-23          84052

I guess it depends on your situation and what you are doing with the machine also.

In my neck of the woods a pair of lights on the ROPS at eye level would hinder your vision, the cloud of moths and bugs circling around your head would make it really tough to see anything!!

In a snow storm blowing or heavy falling snow would also make visibility pretty bad.

Generally I have found that the closer you can get the light to the work the better. Lights mounted on the grill guard or even on the loader arms themselves seem to work very well.

Best of luck. ....

headlights

View my Photos
beagle

2004-04-23          84065

With the lights on the ROPS, I am able to swivel the lights to aim behind me for three point work. I haven't noticed any problems from the snow, which we got plenty of this year. The bugs aren't quite out yet, we'll see. ....

headlights

View my Photos
oneace

2004-04-23          84091

i have mounted lights for customers in a variety of places on the class III nh (35,40,45) with loaders.
On the top of the rops but if you do this DO NOT DRILL or WELD to it, but then i have to say that cause of where i work. make or buy a clamp that goes around the bar. (we sell padded clamps that are easy to mount they are 1 on the difficulty scale) I have also mounted to the cross bar an the loader it self there is one spot on that area that nh says is OK to drill in to but only 5/16" holes and that is where you would mount the third function hyd out let on the loader extreme left side right beside where the steel line 90 to the rubber lines. ....

headlights

View my Photos
melensdad
Posts: 90 Northwest Indiana, near Lowell and 8 miles from Beecher, Illinois

2004-05-05          85300

I mounted YELLOW fog lamps on my ROPS with marine epoxy. Yellow doesn't attract bugs. Fog lamps throw a W-I-D-E beam so it eliminates shadows. The epoxy has a 5000# pull strength, is 100% waterproof, and from what I can tell, epoxy is tree branch proof too! ....

headlights

View my Photos
stevenc

2004-05-13          86011

most loaders are QT,,think about taking your loader off,,that makes mowing easier,,and it should only take 5 or 10 mins to remove your loader ....

headlights

View my Photos
mcsd126

2004-05-17          86250

Melonsdad,

What is the brand name of the marine epoxy you used to mount the lights?

Thanks ....

headlights

View my Photos
stevenc

2004-05-17          86265

Im sort of a safety "nut"if your going to drive it,,use your belt or get rid of the ROPS,,the belt will save your life,it is tested and true ....

Go Top Go Top

Share This
Share This

Member Login