Go Bottom Go Bottom

best buy for nh tcc tractors

View my Photos
wjh959
TractorPoint Premium Member -- 5 Tractors = Very Frequent Poster

2004-01-20          74576

hello, I have approx. 5 acreas for gardening this incl plowing /tilling and light loader work. am considering a new tc29 or 33d . what would be the best way to purchase such an item? what dealers are recommented and price range would be agood buy thanks need help wjh in Tn

Reply to | Quote Post Reply to PostQuote Reply | Add PhotoAdd Photo

View my Photos
kwschumm
TractorPoint Premium Member -- 5 Tractors = Very Frequent Poster  View my Photos  Pics

2004-01-20          74581

Probably the best way is to patronize your local dealer. You will need service and support. I'd go to your nearest dealer and check out the tractors, check out the options, figure out what tractor options and implements you need and get a package price. Then you can come back here and post the prices and maybe contact a couple of dealers on the dealer page here to see how close they are. If your dealer is helpful, honest and trustworthy you can give them a shot at matching the best price found before going elsewhere. Keep in mind the best price is not always the best value. You need to get parts and service somewhere and if you buy the tractor somewhere else your local dealer may put you at the end of the line for service and be reluctant to help you out when you're in a bind. ....

View my Photos
wbowhunt
TractorPoint Premium Member -- 5 Tractors = Very Frequent Poster  View my Photos  Pics

2004-01-20          74587

I have to agree with kwschumm. I recently purchased a TC 33 HST. I Looked at all the colors and decided I liked the NH best. Then I went to the NH dealers in the area. Two of them both out of state but within a 30 minute drive. I talked with them, asked questions. One dealer was not at all helpful and would not yet offer a test drive on the tractors until I did the pre approved financing. The other was great. I then looked at Corriher and got a price qoute from them. Went back to the better dealer and with out even talking about the price I got from corriher, he beat it with out the tax, when I added in tax he was over by a couple hundred. I talked with some folks ( Thanks KubotaGuy and many others ) about their fellings on the dealer and decided to stay local even though the end was a couple hundred more. ....

View my Photos
kwschumm

2004-01-20          74591

The local guys usually have to charge a bit more to keep their service departments open and staffed. Parts inventory and service take money. The out of state guys don't have to service the machines they sell which gives them a price advantage, but it's my opinion that it's penny wise and pound foolish to drive the local guys out of business by shopping purely on price. Somebody has to service your tractor. ....

View my Photos
brokenarrow

2004-02-04          75993

wbowhunt
You say that the dealer has alot to do with the reason to purchase. I had a dealer call me last night after supper (6pm) and talked to me for a heck of a long time (over 35 min) maybe pushing an hour!!! he was talkin to me from his garage, now he is either the best sales man in the world or he really does care. He says he wanted to get to know me to make suggestions. Now here is the problem (or not) He only sells red, I know there is not a whole lot dif since I am not getting supersteer, but I really like the blue color (LOL) sounds stupid eh? You think the dealer really plays that big a role in the satisfaction of the buyer? If so I better start likeing the red color cause so far he is the most informative and seems like the most caring of all the dealers I have talked to so far. ....

View my Photos
AC5ZO

2004-02-05          76017

Dealers can make a big difference. I chose NH over JD only because of the dealer in my area. Perhaps the JD dealer is doing so well that he doesn't think that he needs to care about the customer. I am extremely happy with my NH tractor and have no regrets at all. Service from NH has also been quick and good.

View my Photos
brokenarrow

2004-02-05          76088

I keep getting better and better prices coming in, I just got a new qout for $200. less than my best one so far!

{About your NH dealer}
I like to hear that, I am visiting one of my new holland dealers tomaroo afternoon. Wish me luck ....

View my Photos
brokenarrow

2004-02-05          76089

I keep getting better and better prices coming in, I just got a new qout for $200. less than my best one so far!

{About your NH dealer}
I like to hear that, I am visiting one of my new holland dealers tomaroo afternoon. Wish me luck ....

View my Photos
wbowhunt

2004-02-06          76149

I think a dealer can make or break a deal. There are many other primary issues in my book, Creature comforts, reliability, availablity, etc etc, pending the area you live in, if you the option at both red and blue, I would take a serious look at both, but I would also ask the RED dealer to talk with or meet some of the guys in the shop. They are the one that will actually be working on your machine. See if they love thier job as much as the sales men do. One thing to consider is ask for a referal. Yes they should be able to give you the name of someone else they have sold to in the last year. Not someone within the couple seeks. Ask them how service was after the sale. I often get that little birdie warning that if something is just to good to be true, dig a little deeper. Just a thought. ....

View my Photos
brokenarrow

2004-02-07          76305

Wbowhunt
So how does the dealer and warrenty work play together? Can you take your tractor to any dealer for the work or are they pretty finicky about working on something they did not sell? If you had a chance to save $400 but the dealer is 60 more miles away from you than the one that was $400 higher, would you save the 4 bills or just buy at the one that is only 25 miles away (closest dealer that will deal with my employee purchase agreement?)
Thanks ....

View my Photos
wbowhunt

2004-02-08          76356

There are a couple questions that go with this $400 deal. Will the dealer 60 mile away come and pick up the tractor for warranty work free of charge? Will the one 25 mile away do the same.
Which dealer do you like better? Looking at a $400 difference over a realationship with your dealer ( yes a relationship ) for the next 5, 10 20 years.
You can barter with the Local guy and tell him you can save $400 going to this guy, will he match it or Tell him, You are looking a buying from the other guy for the savings, but will be coming to him for your parts, supplies and warranty work. See if he is willing to work with you. Most will, Business in Business ....

View my Photos
brokenarrow

2004-02-09          76476

Whoo-eee
I think we have a winner here!!! just a short 80 mile trip. All my work may have paid off I found a dealer that actually is giving me a deal. How about $16,600.
tc40a manual trany,deluxe 3pt., w/16la loader w/skid steer quick tach, 72" HD bucket, frieght/prep. Add $250. for the folding rops comes to 16,850. That my friends is
$1,350 less than ANY of my last qoutes apple for apple.
I e-mailed em and told them I will be there shortly in a week to get things set up. Now I can only hope for NH. to come out with a discount on a few items in March before I take the machine. (I need to check on it and make sure I will still get any if I order now) I hear something is brewing for March in the line of a 2-5 hundred dollar cash back.
I am really pummped now, Thank you all for talking me inot getting a loader. If you all would of not done that, I may of not kept searching for a better deal. The way it stands now I am getting the loader for$1,500 set up with the quick tach! Over what I was going to pay..
Thanks again!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! ....

View my Photos
kwschumm

2004-02-09          76478

That sounds like a mighty good deal! Now comes the long, neverending wait while you dream of your new toy. ....

View my Photos
Chief

2004-02-09          76481

Doesn't sound like a bad deal to me either. Congratulations on the new tractor! ....

View my Photos
wbowhunt

2004-02-09          76482

Wow that is a good deal. Can we assume that is with the Employee discount? Ya know what I don't want to know. Because if it is not, I will feel bad for not shopping around and looking for a better deal. Naaahh! I am happy with what I got.

Good luck and let us know how it pans out ....

View my Photos
brokenarrow

2004-02-14          76878

OK, I must admit that one of the dealers played a little mitaken syndrome game with me? OH I am sorry I made a mistake, I qouted you on the 2wd. I have 6 offers infront of me and all are within $800 except one is $2250 higher, apples to apples. I have a real qoute, from a real dealer here and I am buying it from this guy, (I am an employee of CNH wbowhunt) Now I may be embarressed! If You see we dont get that good a deal!! When you start adding on all the little things, it really goes up quick. here goes.
TC40-4wd(mfd), Ag. tires, Folding ROPS, extra rear hydraulic valve (DO I NEED THIS?) deluxe 3pt with the crank level adjustment, quick tach for skidsteer impl., 16LA fel/w HD 72" bucket, block heater, training, fluid filled tires(DO I NEED THIS?) free delivery, (LOL)
auto bleed fuel system (what is this?) 2yr warrenty
$18,600.00 Not as good as the bogus dealer trying to get me into his place,? But it still looks good if you were to compare apples/apples?
One more quick ? Are Ag tires more money than Industrial ? Which would hold up better, I am in a bind here, I want the AG tires for traction but my place is really flat for the most part, and I dont know how much mud I would get into? How about in the snow? would the Industrial tires being wider be better than ag, or is the tread on the ag and skinnier tires better for fel work in snow? Sorry so long and many questions, just I am getting real real close to signing a new deal here.

I thank you very much!!!!!!!!!!!
Brokenarrow ....

View my Photos
kwschumm

2004-02-14          76883

Partial answers.

With a loader you need rear ballast. The cheapest rear ballast you can get is by loading the rear tires. Even with loaded tires you will likely need additional ballast if you are lifting heavy stuff, wet dirt, etc. Often you can just use a box blade or another implement with loaded tires to get adequate rear ballast. The downside to loaded tires are that they don't flex quite as much so the ride is rougher and traction may be reduced slightly because of that. Also, if they're filled with Calcium Chloride it is somewhat corrosive to metal and damaging to plants if it leaks, but keep in mind it is just salt. Some dealers fill with windshield washer fluid which doesn't weigh as much but is less corrosive. There are other fills as well.

R4s vs. Ag tires, usually the R4s are extra cost. I spent more for the R4s and ended up regretting that expenditure and traded for R1s due to traction issues. I'm sure you'd find R1s better than R4s for traction in snow or mud. ....

View my Photos
kwschumm

2004-02-14          76885

I forgot to mention, the alternative to loaded tires is to buy wheel weights and ballast boxes or to make your own ballast. Loading the tires is less expensive than wheel weights and ballast boxes. ....

View my Photos
brokenarrow

2004-02-14          76890

Thanks, there are so many things I need to learn in such a short period, it is all I can do to think about something else for even a few hours. I am going to have to research real fast, what a wieght looks like for the 40 horse tractors. I work in a tractor facility and have access to machines to make what ever I need (if practical) I am leaning toward not have the tires filled? It is included in the price though, wonder if I could cut deal or not on a partial (or even one) weight instead of having them filled? Probably not I would think though. Most of my work will be field work so would you think I should just go without filled tires and make or buy the weights as I go?
Darn!!! So many things to learn not wanting to make a mistake. Thanks for the r1 info. One more thing, if you had the choice of going with a r1 that was 13.6x24 or 14.9x24 for the back, which would you choose taking in consideration that the wider one is around $2-3 hundred more for all four total? (I think that was the price dif)
Thanks again. ....

View my Photos
kwschumm

2004-02-14          76892

Some dealers won't sell a tractor with loader without filling the tires. Heck, you may need ballast just to put the loader on the tractor and drive safely even with an empty bucket. The loader can weigh quite a bit. There are less expensive ways to add weight though. You might check out EZ-weights (see link). They have gotten good reviews here and just use weightlifting weights that you can buy used a lot cheaper than buying weights from the dealer. Make sure you get your ballast with the tractor though. You will probably use the loader right away for something, and without ballast of some sort it will be unsafe.

As far as your R1 issue, the more expensive tires may have deeper lugs which will give you a bit better wear and better traction in snow or mud. But if they are 6-ply they will be quite stiff and give you a poor ride and the stiffness will reduce traction some in some soil conditions on rough ground. Not sure what the net traction issue is. You might check the rims that come with each size tire - one type may have adjustable rims that would allow you to set the width wider for better stability. If your land is flat that probably isn't a big issue. The wider tires will reduce earth compaction a bit since they have a bigger footprint. If it were me and budget were an issue I'd probably go with the standard R1s. ....

Link:   EZ Weights

View my Photos
brokenarrow

2004-02-15          76898

I did not even think of that. So I will have them fill the tires, I suppose if they have been filling them for 50 years it cant be that bad. A guy can get nervouse reading all the posts on the tire forum about leaks. If you look at the tractor weight from the factory it dont look that impresive, but then you add the loader and weighted tires and bucket and you are getting up there fast.
Thanks again ....

Go Top Go Top

Share This
Share This

Member Login