Go Bottom Go Bottom

Question on Backhoe for TC24D

View my Photos
cetmanhd
TractorPoint Premium Member -- 5 Tractors = Very Frequent Poster

2004-01-02          72900

Hi. New to the board and new to the compact tractor world. I have been told many different answers to my one question. I want to put a backhow on my TC24D. I am split on should I use a 3-pt only attached or get a subframe attached model. I see a lot of backhoes for about $2700 that claim you can use them on a compact. I also hear that they can twist the 3-pt. Anybody have a TC24D with a backhoe that can tell me their experiences?

Reply to | Quote Post Reply to PostQuote Reply | Add PhotoAdd Photo

View my Photos
wallac

2004-01-02          72914

How new is your machine? Check and see if you will void your warranty! Look back in the post already there was a big discussion on backhoe. ....

View my Photos
TomG

2004-01-03          72942

There's lots of reading on the subject in the archives. However, there are no easy answers. A basic idea to have in mind is that no equipment that does reasonable work at realistic prices can be used with a risk of breaking something. Most sub-frame mounts have a bit less risk of breaking things than most 3ph mounts. But then, the extra strength of a sub-frame mount may be irrelevant to light occasional work or a small hoe on a big tractor.

No easy answers I guess. I can say that I've used a 3ph hoe on my Ford 1710 for 5 years and it has done the job without problems. That can't be a recommendation through because your tractor, soil and jobs are likely different than mine. There also was no warranty issue for my Ford. You might go through the archives and talk to a dealer if you already haven't done so. That might clear up the issues and if not then post away. Welcome to the Board. ....

View my Photos
cetmanhd

2004-01-03          72980

Thanks guys. I already talked to my dealer and no warranty problems. He even recommends a sub frame Landpride, for about $6k with tax. I was just looking for input on peoples experiences with the 3pt version versus the subframe on my tc24d. It is brand new 2004. weighs about 1623lbs plus loader. Are any particular 3pt versions better than others? I see a few being sold new for around $2600. Is it one of those 'you get what you pay for' stories? ....

View my Photos
TomG

2004-01-04          73016

My 1710 is sort of an Uncle to your TC. I don't know if it's built on a similar chassis through. My hoe is a Kelley B600, which is on the lower cost/quality end of things. It's also not an especially strong hoe, which is a good thing. It's worked for me but I haven't used anything else so I can't make comparisons.

The Kelley mount does require use of a bar type draw bar and an ability to drill a 1" hole for a mounting plate within 1" of the drawbar support bracket. I don't know if all draw bars could accommodate the Kelley mount. The mount likely distributes some of the load from the top-link bracket to the drawbar when the mount is properly adjusted, which is good.

I run it from just under 7-gpm tractor hydraulics. Much smaller flow than that would make for pretty slow operation. I'll have some hoe projects this summer and I'll have to sort out if I need to adjust the relief-valve or if I have leaky stabilizer cylinders or valves, so there may be some maintenance costs. One welding bead wasn't finished around a pin bushing so grease came out the bead rather than going through the bushing until I stuck a stick in the hole so there's at least one quality issue. Still, for the money I have no complaints about the hoe. ....

View my Photos
wallac

2004-01-04          73029

I can sell you a 6'6" Rhino subframe backhoe with a 12" bucket and all hardware for your machine for way less than $5,000. ....

View my Photos
jasonsewell
TractorPoint Premium Member -- 5 Tractors = Very Frequent Poster  View my Photos  Pics

2004-01-04          73070

I have a 2003 TC45D with a NH backhoe. My opinion is that if you use a major brand hoe like Landpride, Woods, New Holland, you are not at risk for any problems. These companies make these tools for many years and have quite a reputation in their equipment. When you start getting into general use equipment, stuff that fits any tractor, from a small, grey-market company, you don't really know what you are getting. My NH hoe is a subframe mount, you can't move the hoe from the mounts without moving the whole tractor. good luck. ....

View my Photos
scooter-41

2004-01-07          73329

I purchased the TC24D with a NH backhoe. It is a sub-frame attachment type. It is very easy to mount and remove. Cost was $5200. I have put it to good use.
Scott ....

View my Photos
wallac

2004-01-07          73370

I am not 100% sure but I think RHINO makes the backhoe for the NEW HOLLAND. At least thats what my RHINO rep. told me! ....

View my Photos
DK35vince

2004-01-07          73385

I'm not sure who makes NH backhoes, but the Rhino and New Holland hoes sure look the same.Specs are the same.

NH 758c - Rhino 85
Digging force 3550 - 3550
dipperstick digging force 2225- 2225
reach 132"- 132"
swing arc degrees 180- 180
digging depth 102" - 102"
loading height 77"- 77"
stabilizer spread(down) 78"- 78"
stabilizer spread(up) 50" - 50" ....

View my Photos
drcjv.
TractorPoint Premium Member -- 5 Tractors = Very Frequent Poster  View my Photos  Pics

2004-01-10          73603

Wallac were can I get some info on the Rhino backhoe (website) or a dealer locater? I am in Southeast PA. Are these units run with a 3pt pump or tractor hydrolics? Do they have subframes? Thanks for any info ....

View my Photos
TomG

2004-01-10          73605

Their web site is below. I didn't look at the info about their hoes but the site does have a dealer locator.

I run my hoe from tractor hydraulics. The only reason I can think of for using a pto pump is if I wanted greater flows than supplied by the tractor pump so the hoe that is big for the tractor would work faster or maybe.

I guess some tractors might get into overheating problems with heavy hoe or motor use and a pto pump with a large reservoir would run cooler. Well, an oil cooler probably could be added to a tractor's system but I think there'd be some downsides to that idea. ....

Link:   Rhino Site

View my Photos
DK35vince

2004-01-10          73608

drcjv.
The Rhino website is near to useless.
It shows specs on differant models, but no photos of them.
A sales flier from a dealer( maybe Rhino could mail you one) is much better.
I got a Rhino 85 hoe last year, I like it so far.
It was availible with subframe.
Also availible with or without PTO pump.
I run the 8 1/2' model using the tractor hydraulics and it works good.
My pictures #4 and #15 show my Rhino backhoe attached but they are not very good pictures. ....

View my Photos
wallac

2004-01-10          73640

I AM A RHINO DEALER AND I AM IN NORTHEAST PA. IF YOU WANT LITERATURE PLEASE GIVE ME YOU ADRESS AND I WOULD BE MORE THAN HAPPY TO MAIL YOU LIT. THE 65A RHINO BACKHOE COME WITH A HOSE KIT FOR THE TC24D. A SUB-FRAME AND 3PT. HITCH ARE AVAILABLE. 9"-18" BUCKETS ARE AVAILABLE.
PLEASE CALL IF YOU NEED ANYTHING (570)689-7494 ASK FOR RICK ....

Go Top Go Top

Share This
Share This

Member Login