Go Bottom Go Bottom

Getting close to purchase

View my Photos
rebelwoc
TractorPoint Premium Member -- 5 Tractors = Very Frequent Poster

2003-10-22          66761

My biggest problem is I over research everything and get my brain twisted. It's come down to either a JD 4410 or a NH TC35D. I'm leaning toward the TC35D. Both with loaders and I want to get a Bush hog backhoe cause of the quick disconnect feature. Also on the JD you have to get a slip clutch on your Bush Hog cutter due to the electric PTO and on the NH you just ease it in. I have 7acres but want to use it as a business also. I am going to test them both. Any suggestions?

Reply to | Quote Post Reply to PostQuote Reply | Add PhotoAdd Photo

View my Photos
kwschumm
TractorPoint Premium Member -- 5 Tractors = Very Frequent Poster  View my Photos  Pics

2003-10-22          66778

I'm not sure what you mean about having to get a slip clutch on the 4410 for your bush hog. On my 4310 I could buy a rotary cutter with or without a slip clutch and either would work fine. I specifically wanted a slip clutch to avoid changing broken shear pins. ....

View my Photos
Chief
TractorPoint Premium Member -- 5 Tractors = Very Frequent Poster  View my Photos  Pics

2003-10-22          66787

You will pay a hefty premium for the extra 3 hp of the 4410. While you are at it, take a look at the 4310. Great value in the medium frame 4000 Ten Series. I would suggest taking a look at the JD backhoes as they were designed for the tractor and may be the most compatible. Same goes for the NH equipment. The slip clutch or sheer pin type hook up can be used with the electric pto on the JD. You have the right idea trying out each piece of equipment and then making your decision. Good luck! ....

View my Photos
rebelwoc

2003-10-22          66802

That was the reason for the slip clutch, I didn't want to be changing shear pins all the time. Electric PTO is either in or out and not very forgiving. I looked at the 4310 and 4410 and found that for the HST trans (what I want) it was $2400 extra on the 4310 and $1200 on the 4410. So when I juggled all the figures around it just seemed wiser to step up to the 4410. These Bush Hog backhoes with their own pumps are pretty cool. Quick disconnect for a person that would be changing implements a lot. The JD dealer even said that JD is going to be coming out with one like it next year to compete. ....

View my Photos
Chief

2003-10-22          66804

The electric pto engagement is pretty gentle provided you keep the rpms down to the absolute minimum when engaging. I try to put the impliment in the air so no load or drag is being placed on it and engage the PTO with the engine at idle. ....

View my Photos
Art White

2003-10-22          66805

Most all tractors we work with actually feather the pto in with the electric over hydraulic engagement. Some times it might be required to change the valve to be sure that it is not slamming the pto on. ....

View my Photos
AC5ZO

2003-10-22          66821

Sorry to throw another fly in this ointment, but if you are already considering a size 3 frame tractor, then you may want to at least take a look at the TC40 and TC45 with their 4 cylinder engines. The question is always, "Where do you stop?", but the TC35-TC45 are all basically the same frame with a different engine. I have never heard many people complain that they had too much power. ....

View my Photos
rebelwoc

2003-10-22          66853

I know what you mean about the TC35D being the little guy with the same frame. I went up and rode around on the 4410 today and asked my final questions. Tomorrow I will be at the NH dealer to do the same. It might be a done deal because I sure do like those NH. ....

View my Photos
rebelwoc

2003-10-24          67021

It's a done deal. I am getting a TC35D with HST, a 16LA loader, a Bush Hog 765H backhoe (frame mounted)and a Bush Hog rotary cutter 60 inch "Squeeler". Should have it by 10/30/03. He would've delivered it so I could use it until the backhoe came in but I want it all at once.
I tried them all out and even liked the supersteer but did not see where I would need it.
What do you think?

View my Photos
rjones

2003-10-26          67142

well, congratulations
that sounds like a Great package. now, the only thing that i see missing is the 20 pounds of coffee (you know, so you'll have something to drink while you're up all night, because you probably won't sleep a wink til it all arrives. Hee Hee) ....

View my Photos
rebelwoc

2003-10-26          67150

Make no mistake about that! I try not to think about it but when I do I'm just counting the days. ....

View my Photos
AC5ZO

2003-10-27          67195

Congrats on the purchase. I am sure you will like the NH. ....

Go Top Go Top

Share This
Share This

Member Login