Go Bottom Go Bottom

What are the new NH Boomer TC33 features

View my Photos
keithf
TractorPoint Premium Member -- 5 Tractors = Very Frequent Poster

2003-09-03          63163

Hi, I've been reading posts for a month and have learnt a lot - a great site with knowledgable members.

I'm in the market for a compact tractor - primary use will be to move my 4500lb skiboat to/from the ramp (gentle concrete slope). Was planning on buying a TC33D with R4 tires, hydro trans, supersteer, 7308 FEL in the next few months. FEL is for ballast, as well as moving stuff around the yard, etc.

Then I read a rumor that the 7308 is due to be replaced by the 14LA early next year, so was going to order just the TC33 now, and then order the 14LA next year. I really like the look and uprated features of the new LA loaders, so was prepared to wait and pay extra to add one afterwards.

Then I read another rumor that the current TC33 is to be revised as well at the same time, and the 14LA will not fit current TC33's.

Help, I'm stuck with these rumors! I'd hate to buy now and end up with an outdated TC33 model.

So, can any-one from NH or a "close associate" confirm the above rumors are true? If so, what new features would the new TC33D have over the exising TC33D? When could I order a "new" TC33D which would be 14LA compatible?

Should I just go for a TC24D with 12LA? Or is that too small for the job? I considered a TC35D with 16LA, but it seems too big.

Thanks! Keith.

Reply to | Quote Post Reply to PostQuote Reply | Add PhotoAdd Photo

View my Photos
Chief
TractorPoint Premium Member -- 5 Tractors = Very Frequent Poster  View my Photos  Pics

2003-09-03          63166

If it was me and I did not have to have the tractor right away. I would wait for both tractor and loader information to be finalized and factual as well as get IN WRITING what I was buying. Rumor control is not a good source to depend on. ....

View my Photos
DRankin
TractorPoint Premium Member -- 5 Tractors = Very Frequent Poster  View my Photos  Pics

2003-09-04          63199

I know very little about New Holland tractors. However, I do know that if a manufacturer sets up a FEL for lower pressure and less lift capacity, they are trying to protect something on the tractor.

It would be a real safe bet that a new and more powerful loader will not retrofit to an older model.

They can turn up the juice now on the present loader and have chosen not to do so. ....

View my Photos
Neophyte

2003-09-05          63277

It's not a rumor, I have discussed it with several dealers.

It will be called the TC33DA and the loader will be the 14LA. The weak point on the current TC33D is the axle, which prevents it from having a higher lift loader. The new TC33DA will have a beefier axle that will be able to handle the additional load of the 14LA. No one knows what the final specs will be on the 14LA. However, most people assume it will be similar to the JD 430 or Kubota LA503.

The TC33DA will also have the new style of vertical headlights. Everything else should be the same. The current TC33D will not be able to accept the 14LA because the front axle is not rated for it.

The release date is widely rumored. I think the 14LA is due for shipment this fall but the TC33DA is due in January. However, given all the new NH products due out, it will probably be closer to the spring/summer of 2004.

If you can afford to wait, you should. ....

View my Photos
keithf

2003-09-09          63472

Hey guys, thanks for the excellent, informative replies. Seems I have a while to wait for the revised TC33 and loader. Will probably rent/lease something to cover the gap until the new combo is out.

Would I be correct in assuming that the 15LA loader will be required for a TC33DA with supersteer?

Thanks! Keith. ....

View my Photos
kwschumm

2003-09-10          63474

I'm not totally informed on this but I'm pretty sure the new loader for the TC33 is the 14LA, supersteer or not. ....

View my Photos
keithf

2003-09-10          63475

Sorry, I should have explained my 15LA reasoning in the post above.

I'm thinking that it will be similar to the big-framed boomer, which has the 16LA loader for non-supersteer models, and the 17LA loader for supersteer models. ....

View my Photos
kwschumm

2003-09-10          63476

Your logic is understandable. I was coming from the direction of the current TC33 using the 7308 for both SS and non-SS models. I don't have one but I'm curious as well. ....

View my Photos
bobad1

2003-09-27          64955

A little off topic, but unless you need to mow in tight places, Super Steer is unnecessary, and a possible source of problems. The standard Boomers turn very tight, and I can't imagine needing to turn any tighter than the standard steering. A TC33 or even a TC29 will pull a humongous boat, and even a cheap FEL is more than enough for moving 1000# stuff around.

Good luck with your decision. I'm sure you will be happy regardless of your choice. Boomers are very neat packages. ....

View my Photos
keithf

2003-10-04          65564

Found a doc with the details - http://www.lansdowne-moody.com/Products/NH/Compact_Tractors/Class%20I.II.III_flysheet.pdf ....

View my Photos
drcjv.

2003-10-04          65569

The new boomers look even better than the current modals, looks like I'll be trading. ....

View my Photos
Fishhead

2003-10-15          66318

The new boomers are out there. The pics show a radical change in the appearance. It will take some getting used to. I wonder if the specification changes are posted. ....

View my Photos
Millstone

2003-10-27          67274

When are the new boomers going to hit the dealer lots? ....

Go Top Go Top

Share This
Share This

Member Login