Go Bottom Go Bottom

TC33D

View my Photos
bobfromny
TractorPoint Premium Member -- 5 Tractors = Very Frequent Poster

2003-03-24          51750

A friend of mine and I just took delivery of new TC33D's. Both of us have had issues when going from range to range on the HST transmission. Both of ours at times will blow a fuse when we shift. Mine was first the fuse by the starter. It did it again and they come up and replaced the safety switch for the seat. My friend had the fuse go that controls the safety switch and such.

Is this something that others have seen. It is odd why it is doing it to us both. I understand you can shift without having the clutch depressed, but we always do it anyway.

Any help would be appreciated.

Bob

Reply to | Quote Post Reply to PostQuote Reply | Add PhotoAdd Photo

TC33D

View my Photos
blueisgood

2003-03-24          51774

I have the same tractor with 60 hrs on it no blowed fuses.I think u are wrong about no cultch when shifting i use mine all the time. ....

TC33D

View my Photos
cdcole

2003-03-24          51775

Have not heard of such an issue but would recommend that you search the archive with keywords of "blown fuse", etc..

Personally - If I had a brand new unit blowing fuses - the dealer would be doing the research - not me. :) ....

TC33D

View my Photos
drcjv.
TractorPoint Premium Member -- 5 Tractors = Very Frequent Poster  View my Photos  Pics

2003-03-25          51805

I have the same tractor with 180hrs, one blown fuse while moving snow this winter.I was told by dealer that clutch is not needed to change ranges ( make sure tractor is completly stopped before change is made)I only use clutch for PTO. ....

TC33D

View my Photos
tholls

2003-03-28          52064

TC33D at 2 years and 150 hours. No blown fuses yet, but it is hard to shift from neutral into one of the 3 ranges, especially range 2 which I use most. Sometimes, it just WON'T go, even with the clutch fully pushed in.

Dealer advised to not use clutch and VERY SLIGHTLY rock back on the HST pedal (reverse) while pushing on the range lever. With a little practice it works like a charm every time with no gear grinding.

DON'T try this with the PTO however!

Tom ....

TC33D

View my Photos
Tom Kopf

2003-03-28          52091

Boy do I feel stupid asking this question. I've had a TC40D (hydro) for almost 2 years now. I know that it is a different machine, but what do you guys have for a clutch on a hydro? ....

TC33D

View my Photos
drcjv.
TractorPoint Premium Member -- 5 Tractors = Very Frequent Poster  View my Photos  Pics

2003-03-29          52116

Tom not sure what you are asking here. If you want to know what kind of clutch I don't no either, If you are asking why a clutch basically it is only needed to engauge and disengauge the PTOs. As stated on this board some also use it to change from range to range but according to several dealers I have talked to that is not necessary. ....

TC33D

View my Photos
Tom Kopf

2003-03-29          52135

My point is that I have no clutch pedals or levers on my machine. I have 2 brake pedals on the left foot and a forward and reverse pedal on the right foot. Even my PTO has only the lever to engage. What clutch are these guys talking about using when they go between ranges? For me I have to stop to go between H and L on the lever at my left hand or just press the button on my loader joystick to pick between fast and slow in either of the H and L ranges. Again, no clutch to engage. ....

TC33D

View my Photos
bobfromny

2003-03-29          52164

My dealer found a problem with the new keys that have the rubber ring around them. Seem they can move the key because they are too tight and cause some type of overload with the starter, thus it blew my starter fuse. The also re-ran the wiring that goes to my safety switch on the seat.

So far no more problems.....used it to spread some stone yesterday...Hydro is a godsend....glad I paid the extra cash for it...

TC33D

View my Photos
drcjv.

2003-03-30          52182

Tom a TC33 Hydro has a clutch on the left and hydro and brake on the right. As stated before the clutch is only needed for PTO use. If tractor is stopped range lever can easily be moved b/w ranges. If it hesitates slight pressure on the hydro pedal will allow it to move. I also agree with Bobfromny just got done spreading 92 tons of stone and the hydro is the only way to go with extensive loader work. Well worht the extra money. ....

TC33D

View my Photos
Jeff Earthwerks Unli

2003-03-30          52200

The TC 33D I have is not a true "hydrostatic drive" in the sense it uses a clutch rather than direct drive. Looking at the service manual, the hydro pump and self contained drive motor takes the place of the primary tranny. The range selectors are actually another tranny that the power from the hydro motor has to go through to get to the axles.

Fuse blowing: My 10 amp fuse, which controls the starter, on the fire wall blew at 20 hours and hasn't blown since 40 hours later. Don't know why it blew.

Rubber key guard: My starter blew at 20 hours. Reason was the rubber guard on the key was too tight around the switch and kept the starter engaged (2002 and newer don't use a push-and-turn switch---just turn-only). Dealer came out and trimmed (hacked!) the guard off and cured the problem. ....

TC33D

View my Photos
TomG

2003-03-31          52223

I think the, I'll call them 'full' rather than 'true,' HST's work by having variable displacement motors as well as variable displacement pumps. In such a configuration, the range selector controls the motor displacement while the speed pedal controls the pump displacement. A small pump displacement and a high motor displacement give a slow ground speed with a lot of power.

Most and sliding or synchro geared TX's would require a clutch, and my impressions was that the 33D design is the more common among HST's but maybe modern times has escaped me again. Many automotive auto TX's use torque converters into planetary gears. Planetary gear designs can be with or without clutches.

TC33D

View my Photos
goatdoc

2003-04-29          53960

I disconnected my seat switch on my TC33 since it broke after 1 day of operation. But electrical problems are still commmon on my machine. Pushing tree limbs and logs into a pile slightly disconnected my neutral saftey switch wire connections. Of course this occurred after shutting down the machine in a sloppy barnyard (had to tow the tractor to dry ground with my old mitsubishi grey market), The leads weren't totaly disconnected. still in the plastic sleeves so you couldn't see the open circuit. Today the main fuse down by the starter blew, for what reasonn i'm not sure, I was running down the road with lights and flashers on. Shut down in a friends yard and after trying to start up, no juice...not even to the guages. I guess I better call up the sevice dept, only have 25 hours on the Boomer. ....

TC33D

View my Photos
bobfromny

2003-04-29          54002

Goatdoc,
The fuse issue on the starter was caused by the rubber around the key. It was keeping key on and thus causing an load to the starter. Took mine off and it works fine now. The NH dealer said there is a service bulletin on this now....

TC33D

View my Photos
goatdoc

2003-04-29          54029

I don't have rubber on my key. Nor is the key switch the type that has the push and turn in feature as I have seen on other threads. I'm just stocking up with additional fuses and waiting for the next blow out. ....

TC33D

View my Photos
BeeFarmer

2003-05-01          54097

What do you mean by "seat Switch"? I have a 33d and am not sure what the seat switch is? ....

TC33D

View my Photos
Jeff--Earthwerks Unl

2003-05-01          54123

The ignition interlock switch tells the system there is someone seated on the tractor, and shuts off the engine if you leave the seat after 2 seconds. It's located on the seat mounting bracket that slides back and forth. It's a little sensitive--if you turn all the way around in the seat facing backward toward the implement, it will sometimes open the circuit. ....

TC33D

View my Photos
drcjv.

2003-05-02          54148

I have a TC33D and it does not have a seat switch or if it does it does not work. I can stand up(off the seat) and the tractor will keep running or start it while standing next to the tractor. ....

TC33D

View my Photos
TomG

2003-05-02          54152

I don't know when manufacturers started putting safety inter-locks everywhere. There's a chance that some were added as production changes to existing models so some tractors would have them and some wouldn't.

My Ford just has the traditional TX and PTO interlocks. My riding mower does have the seat thing, but it only prevents starting unless somebody is in the seat. I guess I could see that version on a tractor but I can't imagine having a tractor where the engine killed every time I hopped off the tractor to attend to an implement I'm mounting, and it sure would make use a backhoe difficult.

Such a design probably would sell a lot of starters though if people didn't disconnect the switch. Safety features that are so safe that people disconnect them out of aggravation aren't really very safe I guess.

TC33D

View my Photos
goatdoc

2003-05-02          54173

When I arrived at the dealership to get the rundown on the new tc33d the service tech couln't start the engine. It just cranked with no fire up. After looking around the tech discovered that the switch had been pulled through the seat bottom. (probably do to a over tight wiring loom)He had just shown me the rotation feature of the deluxe seat and this probably broke the switch. I noticed that one of the rear lights also didn't work. After popping off the lens I found the bulb rolling around the bottom of the housing....probably an off day at the New Holland plant, but at the big bucks we pay for such features an inspector should have noticed this. ....

TC33D

View my Photos
corvettetim

2004-06-22          89156

I own a Case DX33 (TC33) Clutch is on the left & brake is on the right. Manual says to use clutch when shifting ranges. ....

TC33D

View my Photos
roadrunner19

2004-07-16          91148

TomG the safety start interlock system was added into prodution on the TC**D models at around Serial# G28000 and carried to current models ....

Go Top Go Top

Share This
Share This

Member Login