Go Bottom Go Bottom

Remote Hydraulic s

View my Photos
mcsd126
TractorPoint Premium Member -- 5 Tractors = Very Frequent Poster

2003-03-16          51302

I read an earlier post on remote hyraulics and was wondering if anyone coould give me the names of some companies that manufacture hydraulic components for tractors. I have a TC29D and I would like to add one or two remotes to the rear and a setup for the front of the tractor for the front dozer blade taht i am working on. I checked with my dealer on friday and he informed me that for each rear remote set-up that it would cost $300.00 and for the 2-spool fender mount set-up it would be around $650.00, maybe I am just cheap but that seems a little much, any help is appreciated.

Thanks,

Mike

Reply to | Quote Post Reply to PostQuote Reply | Add PhotoAdd Photo

Remote Hydraulic s

View my Photos
AC5ZO
TractorPoint Premium Member -- 5 Tractors = Very Frequent Poster  View my Photos  Pics

2003-03-17          51330

You can buy basic hydraulic parts from Northern Tool. Make sure that you are comfortable doing all the work yourself.
They have a website.

Remote Hydraulic s

View my Photos
AC5ZO
TractorPoint Premium Member -- 5 Tractors = Very Frequent Poster  View my Photos  Pics

2003-03-17          51331

You can buy basic hydraulic parts from Northern Tool. Make sure that you are comfortable doing all the work yourself.
They have a website.

Remote Hydraulic s

View my Photos
BillBass

2003-03-17          51332

Here is one source. I don't know anything about their hydraulic components. I did buy a tractor seat from them, got it in 3 days, and was pleased with it. ....

Link:   Valu-Bilt

Remote Hydraulic s

View my Photos
BillBass

2003-03-17          51333

Oops!!! Type hydraulic in their search block and it will show their components. ....

Remote Hydraulic s

View my Photos
marklugo

2003-03-17          51361

You are going to need to make sure that the tractor is compatible with the valves that these gentlemen are recommending. I think that after you go through the process of installing one yourself and buying one with the hoses and fittings, you will be kicking yourself for not going the blue route. Also, for a small tractor such as yours, you can get but with a single remote. If you ever need more, you can buy a switching( diverter valve) device that will allow you to go back and forth between two complete circuits. ....

Remote Hydraulic s

View my Photos
jak

2003-03-18          51372

try www.vandminc.com or call 1-800-648-6507 ....

Remote Hydraulic s

View my Photos
AC5ZO

2003-03-18          51395

I agree with Mark. Hydraulics can be tricky. If you buy the NH kit, you should get all the right fittings and so forth, and it will fit nicely. I don't think that there will be a huge difference in price. I expect that if you were an old hand at hydraulics, that you would not be asking for sources of parts.

From what I have seen of NH installation kits, almost anyone can do the install work. I do not think that you would need any special tools for a remote valve. ....

Remote Hydraulic s

View my Photos
Murf

2003-03-18          51404

The other consideration which Mark touched upon, without saying it explicitly, is fit & finish. It would be a real shame to make up some ugly (albeit very functional) hydraulic system and bolt it to the fender of your shiny new blue machine. The factory kit will be designed to fit your machine, and look like it belongs there. I don't know your local prices, but I do know a little about the required components, and what they would cost here. I would have to say that the price seems reasonable enough, considering you are getting more than just the basic components, these will be the exact peices you will need for an EXACT fit, on YOUR machine.

If price is important, you may save a few bucks sourcing out alternatives, but they may not be the same quality either, and certainly they won't have factory installation instructions or dealer support. For my 2 cents (3.12 cents Canadian) worth, I would go for the factory kit.

Best of luck. ....

Remote Hydraulic s

View my Photos
mcsd126

2003-03-18          51428

Thanks everyone for all the input, I am going to order the factory NH kit tommorow I recieved a 10% off coupon today from my dealer so I will put it to use, I agree that the factory parts will look the best too.

Mike ....

Remote Hydraulic s

View my Photos
TomG

2003-03-19          51444

I know this is after-the-fact since a purchase decision has been made. I'd probably go for factory equipment too--especially because I can't imagine operating a loader and having to reach behind me for controls on the fender.

However, there are after-market alternatives to a fender mount. I have a traditional set of valve handles rather than a joystick for my loader and rear outlet. The handles are at shoulder height just to the right of the steering wheel. The valve assembly mounts on a pedestal that attaches to the loader frame.

The loader is Allied and the valve assembly is some British flavour. They were on the tractor when I got it so I have no idea how to find such stuff.

Remote Hydraulic s

View my Photos
mcsd126

2003-03-25          51840

Just an update the single spool rear remote run me $252.00, Does this sound like a normal price?

-Mike ....

Go Top Go Top

Share This
Share This

Member Login