Go Bottom Go Bottom

Dealer help for TC40D

View my Photos
gene p
TractorPoint Premium Member -- 5 Tractors = Very Frequent Poster

2001-12-05          33672

I just took delivery of a new TC40D. I was aware of some prevous problems that were posted earlier. Mine suffered the radiator bypass (not heating up) problem along with that of the battery being too fulll, ROPS alignment and instrument panel fogging. The dealer seems not to be aware of any of these problems and acted amazed the I had found these mallidys so quickly (thanks to this CTB, but I didn"t tell him) Does anyone know if NH has helped dealer awareness with any of these problems and their solutions? Thanks.

Reply to | Quote Post Reply to PostQuote Reply | Add PhotoAdd Photo

Dealer help for TC40D

View my Photos
BeeFarmer

2001-12-06          33678

I mentioned this to a dealer and he looked at me like I was nuts... He didn't have a clue! ....

Dealer help for TC40D

View my Photos
TomG

2001-12-06          33682

Actually, this Board itself isn't a bad dealer awareness program. I remember the front axle problem campaign well. ....

Dealer help for TC40D

View my Photos
John Mc

2001-12-06          33684

Does anyone know if they've come up with a fix for the instrument panel fogging? Is this anything other than an inconvenience? (i.e. does the fogging lead to corrosion/malfunction of the instruments?

If got a TC33D with the same problem. I'm wondering how much stick to raise about it. ....

Dealer help for TC40D

View my Photos
gene p

2001-12-06          33692

I'm really sorry to understand that NH must have no real plan of action for some problems that seem so frequently encountered by their customers. Can't imagine that this will encourage repeat business but with those exceptions I sure do enjoy working with my Boomer. ....

Dealer help for TC40D

View my Photos
cutter
TractorPoint Premium Member -- 5 Tractors = Very Frequent Poster  View my Photos  Pics

2001-12-08          33709

My TC29D had the fogging problem, the dealer had no solution for it. More or less blew me off. ....

Dealer help for TC40D

View my Photos
TomG

2001-12-09          33717

There are a couple threads in the archives (under fogging) that mention some possible solutions. Seems like both JD and NH have a factory fix, although nobody's saying if they actually work. Murf suggested drilling vent holes in the gauge backs, similar to what was done to solve the same problem in some Chrysler cars. ....

Dealer help for TC40D

View my Photos
treeman
TractorPoint Premium Member -- 5 Tractors = Very Frequent Poster  View my Photos  Pics

2001-12-09          33719

My Jeep CJ7 will fog the guages when I have the heater blowing. The area behind the dash heats up quite a bit. I think the problem is warm air is behind the guage but cold air is at the face of the guage. Just natural condesation going on. Maybe if you would insulate behind the guage??? ....

Dealer help for TC40D

View my Photos
Bird Senter

2001-12-09          33720

Treeman, I think you've stated the cause of the fogging, all right. It's only happened once on my Kubota and that was when the tractor was quite warm from being used, and I washed the tractor and hit the instrument panel with cold water from the garden hose. I don't think there's anything anyone could do to prevent it from happening under those circumstances (except, of course, I try to avoid hitting the instrument panel with water when I wash the tractor). ....

Dealer help for TC40D

View my Photos
TomG

2001-12-10          33723

At least one of the factory fixes I read about in the archives seemed to provide better seals for the gauges. If there were enough space inside a gauge, I wonder how long a silicon gel packet would last. One would sure sop up any residual moisture. Maybe there are problems I'm not thinking of, but if there's space and very little ventilation, gel should prevent any fogging. ....

Dealer help for TC40D

View my Photos
lpdcac

2001-12-12          33769

My new TC33D had some light fogging behind the faceplate that disappeared after some time in the sun. I thought about the silica gel idea but don't know if this stuff could corrode the metal it comes in contact with when it's damp. The idea of drilling weep holes worked on the headlamp assys. of a Ford Taurus we had that somehow had developed cracks in the back of the assy. We had free water in them that drained out OK. But there was always moisture inside that finally burned out the bulbs.

Phil_D ....

Dealer help for TC40D

View my Photos
warren

2001-12-12          33773

I had the same problem john deere replace the gauges and had no problem since ( under warranty).
Might try the dealer see what happens.
Warren ....

Go Top Go Top

Share This
Share This

Member Login