Go Bottom Go Bottom

Hydrostatic drive sticking

View my Photos
Danny Yerks
TractorPoint Premium Member -- 5 Tractors = Very Frequent Poster

2000-06-15          17207

I have a TC29D with about 25 hours on it. Sometimes, mostly when it's not warmed up good, the hydrostatic pedal will stick when I let up on it (ie, when I let up on the pedal it won't stop driving the tractor) and I have to push it back down with my heel to get it to stop. It will do it even when it's not warmed up if I'm going down hill. Hitting the brakes won't do any good, I have to push down on the back of the hydrostatic pedal to stop the tractor. Does anyone else have this happen?

Reply to | Quote Post Reply to PostQuote Reply | Add PhotoAdd Photo

View my Photos
Danny Yerks

2000-06-15          17209

I meant to say that it will do it even if it is warmed up when I'm going down hill. ....

View my Photos
Larry in MI.

2000-06-15          17231

Hi Danny, that sounds like an adjustment problem to me. I suggest you give your dealer a call. The dealer may be able to fix it on location or you may have to part with your new machine for a few days. In any event, you should have it fixed while it is still under warranty and before someone gets hurt. ....

View my Photos
Donald

2000-06-15          17235

Sounds like all you need is a little WD40. The pedal is designed to be operated by toe & heel. It's not made to automatically return to the "not moving postion". However, lubed with WD40 will help it do so. ....

View my Photos
Dave E

2000-07-20          18129

I had a LITTLE trouble with one I had brorrowed, but
underneath the tractor, there is a zerk fitting on th hst pedal shaft.
A couple of shots of Amsoil syn grease & it was fine. ....

View my Photos
Bradey

2000-09-04          19472

Did the suggestion about servicing the grease fitting for HST pedal shaft fix your problem? I'm thinking ahout buying a Boomer with same apparent problem. Has anybody else noticed/fixed problem by the means noted or other?

View my Photos
Peter Accorti

2000-09-04          19474

I've had the same problem with my TC35D. I greased the pedals and that mostly fixed the problem. On my tractor, there is an adjustment the will increase the tension in the spring that returns the pedal to a neutral position. It has not been a big enough problem for me but should it happen again I'll increase the tension. Peter ....

View my Photos
Forrest D. Goings

2000-09-07          19549

I have a Deere 4200 Hydro... My pedal was doing the same thing. Turned out.. the pedal was rubbing the rubber floor mat in the floor/pedal hole (hole the pedal comes through in the floor). Adjusted/moved the pedal forward a little and it took care of the problem...

Different tractor... maybe this will help anyway...

Good luck. ....

View my Photos
Danny Yerks

2001-04-27          27302

I may have the problem solved. The tractor has over 100 hours on it now and it was getting worse every week. I was reading some posts about brake steering and everyone was saying that hitting the brakes would deactivate the cruise control, but mine didn't. I called the dealer and he came out and replaced the electromagnet that holds the hydro pedal in position when the cruise control is on. He said it was staying on part way sometimes. Now when I have it on cruise control and touch the brakes, the cruise control turns off and the tractor rolls to a stop without having to touch the hydro pedal. I haven't had a chance to test it thoroughly yet, but so far it seems much better. At least now when I'm going uphill and let off the hydro pedal, it rolls to stop withing a couple of seconds, rather than taking 5 seconds to finally stop.

View my Photos
Oldforge

2001-07-05          29842

I have a TC45D with 145 hours on it. The tractor has two peddles, not the one peddle system. Anyway, the reverse peddle continues to stick mostly when the tractor is under strain. When I climb a hill, reach the top and push the reverse peddle to back up the reverse peddle gets stuck down, and I have to put on the brakes. I have talked to the dealer but they continue to say they have never heard of the problem? Maybe I ought to let them know about the electromagnetic switch likeDan suggested. Any other thoughts, or has anyone else had this problem. P.S. Prior to this happening, the reverse peddle is rather hard to depress, as if it is under a lot of pressure. Thanks for nay help. ....

View my Photos
Old Forge

2002-01-08          34361

Finally, fixed my problem at the end of the peddle shaft, whch they rotate on is, or atleast should be, a retaining clip. The reason my peddle kept sticking is this clip came off and the reverse peddle would slightly slide off the shaft and get stuck. Hope this helps. ....

View my Photos
msel1969

2002-01-08          34362

Old FOrge, I'm gonna have to check that on my TC40D, been having a somewhat similar problem that only shows up when I'm under a load. ....

View my Photos
Sid

2002-05-19          38791

I have a 2002 TC33D with 45 hours on it. The hydro sticks in reverse. (just a bit...moves slow) I have removed the cowling and searched everywhere for an adjustment bolt...I cannot locate an adjustment. Can anyone help? (This is not a lubrication issue)

Thanks ....

View my Photos
Mark99

2002-06-04          39319

I have new TC45D and the hydro pedal sticks in forward when cold and under strain. VERY dangerous in tight situation. Thanks for the tips.
Mark ....

Go Top Go Top

Share This
Share This

Member Login