Go Bottom Go Bottom

TC-24D Vs TC-26DA

View my Photos
Chico
TractorPoint Premium Member -- 5 Tractors = Very Frequent Poster

2006-03-01          125378

I had a gear model TC-24d that for what I do, had just enough power.... I have just aquired a TC-26DA.. It's a Hydro...I hate it! My Old 24 seamed to have more power? I relize that the Hydro takes power, but even just the gearing is pore. I used to be able to some what over work the last tractor, this one you cant even get it to spin the wheels agenst a heavy load? The hydro has high and low gears vs the high, med, low of the geared model. If I put the old 24 in low, and 1st gear I could drag anything, I'm not so sure that is the case with this hydro? Any advice? coments?

Reply to | Quote Post Reply to PostQuote Reply | Add PhotoAdd Photo

TC-24D Vs TC-26DA

View my Photos
Art White
TractorPoint Premium Member -- 5 Tractors = Very Frequent Poster  View my Photos  Pics

2006-03-02          125408

YOu are right you lost gearing! The first thing that you should know is you should be able to spin the tires in low range against a solid object! I wonder if you are using the hydro petal wrong and not allowing the hydro to do it's job. Often people will use it like a gas petal and some times you have to let off the petal to allow it to work. ....

TC-24D Vs TC-26DA

View my Photos
URTOAST

2006-03-02          125445

So I should just touch the petal, and it will gear it down per say? and it will have more power/ gear reduction? I'm having a hard time because my TC-24 had the gas pedal where the hydro is so I do tend to goose it when I want more power.. I took friday off from work to play with it all weekend and figure out what its problem is. My other problem is the erganomics of the newer model. The "dash" is much wider and nocks my knees, and the hydro pedal is not made for a size 14 shoe. I realy liked the deere hydro setup for my feet, but I loved my old Blue so i figured i would stick with it. Dont mind me I'm just missing old Blue! Thanks for your help, I will try to go light on the "go" pedal and see if it improves. ....

TC-24D Vs TC-26DA

View my Photos
Art White
TractorPoint Premium Member -- 5 Tractors = Very Frequent Poster  View my Photos  Pics

2006-03-02          125448

When you run this tractor your heel is on the mat and you only use the sole of your foot on the petal. For reverse you just use your heel. To let off the hydro petal actually downshifts the tractor. With a hydro your throttle will need to be high for the pumps to operate well. I like the range of 2/3 to 3/4 throttle for best performance. With proper operation you should find that the little larger hydro should about equal the smaller horsepower gear drive. ....

TC-24D Vs TC-26DA

View my Photos
URTOAST

2006-03-03          125466

Ok, Thanks I will give it a try. I have used the hydro with my foot on the mat as you said, but when i go to move my foot to go backwards my show gets caught on the rear part of the petal... I'm thinking a little cut with the plazma cutter and move it a 1/2 inch to the rear will fix that, or a smaller foot. But with as many new safty beapers and cut off's on this thing that isnt goiong to be in the cards! Thanks a bunch!

TC-24D Vs TC-26DA

View my Photos
URTOAST

2006-03-04          125558

Same problem today...So I cant believe this is the design...I got to thinking, I had the Tractor for a day then had to switch out the loader with another one... so I checked the hydro fluid..low! I checked it when i got it, but forgot to after switching the loaders. So I think this is my problem.. Hope 2 hr's of use with low fluid didnt hurt anything? ....

TC-24D Vs TC-26DA

View my Photos
Peters

2006-03-04          125560

Maybe you need some driving shoes? How low was the hydraulic fluid? ....

TC-24D Vs TC-26DA

View my Photos
URTOAST

2006-03-05          125578

I'm going to try to wear my sneakers today to see if they clear better. the fluid was quite low, not on the stick.... I figured I used any where from 5-6 qt's of fluid. I think the new loader was dry, and the old loader took most of its fluid with it. ....

TC-24D Vs TC-26DA

View my Photos
Art White

2006-03-05          125586

Chances are you still had enough oil to not starve the pumps. ....

TC-24D Vs TC-26DA

View my Photos
URTOAST

2006-03-05          125599

Did some mowing today, quite a bit more power then the 24 when it comes to running my mower, tiller exc. but still cant spin the wheels during a large load? Maybe the hydro blow off is set to be like this? any adjustment to such a thing? Thanks all for helping... the sneakers helped a bit, much better then boots! ....

TC-24D Vs TC-26DA

View my Photos
Art White

2006-03-06          125606

Both of the models NH you have are a bit heavier then some of the competitiion and I don't have one here to test other then on snow and ice right now but in low range I'm sure you should be able to spin. Are the tires loaded? ....

TC-24D Vs TC-26DA

View my Photos
Art White

2006-03-06          125607

Both of the models NH you have are a bit heavier then some of the competitiion and I don't have one here to test other then on snow and ice right now but in low range I'm sure you should be able to spin. Are the tires loaded? ....

Go Top Go Top

Share This
Share This

Member Login