Go Bottom Go Bottom

Blue Box Blade

View my Photos
tractorbuyer
TractorPoint Premium Member -- 5 Tractors = Very Frequent Poster

2005-07-08          113187

City boy question: TZ25DA...NH doesn't show a box blade on their web site as an available 3PH option. What's a good light duty box blade for use with this tractor? Ill just be using it to sculpt, over time. I'm turning my property from deeply rutted cattle paths to lush rolling hills...at least that's the excuse to buy one. Im also doing my own dirt work for a an aircraft hangar. Thanks.

Reply to | Quote Post Reply to PostQuote Reply | Add PhotoAdd Photo

Blue Box Blade

View my Photos
harvey
TractorPoint Premium Member -- 5 Tractors = Very Frequent Poster  View my Photos  Pics

2005-07-09          113191

There are lots out there that will do the job. I tend to like Landpride for the quality and price. ....

Blue Box Blade

View my Photos
kyvette
TractorPoint Premium Member -- 5 Tractors = Very Frequent Poster  View my Photos  Pics

2005-07-11          113289

I did some checking prior to buying a box blade for my TZ24DA. I didn't want one to heavy and didn't want to pay a lot of money. I prefered a 54" instead of the 48", but not many make a 54". Landpride listed a 54" for $665 and weighs 330lbs. Landpride's 48" was $640 and weighs 303lbs. Landprides 54" is probably the best, but I didn't want to pay their price.

The local NH dealer had a 48" IMC for $425 and weighs 300lbs. I was set to purchase this one when I found an Atlas 48" for $300 and it weighs 300lbs. I brought the Atlas a couple of weeks ago, but haven't had a chance to use it.

With the TZ you can easily get a box blade that's to large. Rhino makes a 48" that weighs 262lbs, but I didn't price it. The Woods 48" weighs 550lbs, to heavy.

I would suggest you do a topic search on box blades as there are additional posts on the subject. Dave ....

Blue Box Blade

View my Photos
Chief

2005-07-11          113290

I would suggest a TSC box blade. You can buy the 5 ft. blade for $393 at Tractor Supply Center and no tax if it is for ag use. ....

Link:   TSC 5 ft. box blade

Blue Box Blade

View my Photos
Chief

2005-07-11          113291

Rural King has them for $295 ....

Link:   Rural King Box Blade

Blue Box Blade

View my Photos
oneace

2005-07-11          113310

Bush Hog has a whole line of Sub Compact rear implements also available ion the color of your tractor. ....

Blue Box Blade

View my Photos
tractorbuyer

2005-07-12          113383

I went with a 48" ATLAS. Made just up the road here in Mississippi. Good product. No frills but fully featured and tough as nails. $300. This versus the Land Pride (which looks EXACTLY the same) which my dealer wants $565 for...I think not. ....

Blue Box Blade

View my Photos
kyvette

2005-07-13          113390

Tractorbuyer, I did a web search prior to purchasing my Atlas box blade but couldn't locate the manufacturer. Where in Mississippi are they located and what products to they make besides box blades?

I am like you, I wanted an inexpensive, no frills box, that was of decent quality. I have a bank to shape and a driveway to build. I am waiting on BellSouth to relocate a buried phone line before I can begin. Dave ....

Blue Box Blade

View my Photos
tractorbuyer

2005-07-13          113392

Thaxton, MS. I believe their primary business is some kind of industrial welding. I couldn't find them in the local book. ATLAS is brand name, but I believe they sell largely to North MS dealers who buy bulk and freight them out themselves due to the weight. Everybody around here sells them with every brand of tractor. They come in all sizes. I bought my 48" here. Ask for Jimmy Stegall. Tell him Russell sent ya. Worst case, come visit. Oxford is great weekend getaway with the wife or significant other. Just bring your trailer. Tax in MS is 1% if it's used for agricultural purposes.

STEGALL SALES CO
328 W. REYNOLDS
PONTOTOC, MS 38863
Phone:(662)489-2414 ....

Blue Box Blade

View my Photos
kyvette

2005-07-13          113407

Thanks, Tractorbuyer, I have already purchased an Atlas Box blade, just wanted to find out more about the manufacturer. Isn't Oxford where the Old Miss Rebels reside. If so I was there a few years ago for a University of Kentucky/Old Miss football game. What I saw of Oxford is nice. Dave

Blue Box Blade

View my Photos
tractorbuyer

2005-07-13          113408

We have been known to play some football in Oxford. We actually played a little baseball this year too, but the Longhorns ended us early. ....

Go Top Go Top

Share This
Share This

Member Login