Go Bottom Go Bottom

wondering why

View my Photos
brokenarrow
TractorPoint Premium Member -- 5 Tractors = Very Frequent Poster

2005-05-28          111659

Maybe I am just a little over protective byt was wondering about this. Has anyone noticed a pattern here in the new holland forum? This is what I "think" I am seeing when comparing the big three and their clientel. On the JD board there is little or NO bitching about their products, their experiances with dealers (even though Home rip off sells smaller machines" or their break downs. I also did not fall off the tunip truck yesterday. I go to the Kubota board and there is very little (compared to new Holland board) of this going on also, even though many dealers sell Kubota and New Hollands. You come to this board and its like NH makes a grey market tractor. Evryone and their Uncle's chime in (which is GOOD if only it was for the right reasons). If its not a tractor breaking in half then its a dealer gone arye. I am almost convinced that some posts are completely fabricated (the problems with the New Hollands) just to rip on either the company or the dealership. ((This has nothing to do with any of the recent posts, I have noticed this over the last year or so))
Now I am pretty sure that if a guy came to the deer board and ripped on a tractor ans his concern was questionable, I think the deere guys would tear him apart. LOL. No offense to you deere guys here but you guys are sensitive and VERY protective of your company. The loyalness to Green is unmatched and something you guys should be proud of, almost like a military code.
Now I am sure someone will chime in and tell me that NH makes their own problems and they simply don't exist at deere, LOL.
OK I am sure this should of been posted in usless and hostile but thought it best to post here so our NH brotherhood could all read. If you look back at a thread I posted a month ago "" Great tractor/ POWER"" that was because at that time I saw next to NO GOOD story's about NH rigs and thought I would start one.
I am done ranting if you dont believe me go to the JD board and count the threads complaining about JD's and so on. Maybe I am as stupid as they come and JD tractors have 0 defects, its iether that or no one has the cahoonies to talk about them over their.
?? Hee Hee

To end I just wanted to thank all our veterans past and present members of our protective services for this country
Thank you for your sacrifice! Make sure we all take a moment and reflect in silence on Monday in respect of this special day.

Reply to | Quote Post Reply to PostQuote Reply | Add PhotoAdd Photo

wondering why

View my Photos
dklopfenstein

2005-05-28          111663

You didn't know that us JD guys have to take an oath of allegiance when we purchase a tractor??? If we complain, we are instantly excommunicated from the JD alliance, then "softened-up" by the local JD mafia, and finally our tractor is painted bue or orange for humiliation purposes. It just isn't worth it! Even if there would be a problem (not that there ever could be), we are taught to smile and fix it via "JD's underground communication network." LOL!!! Actually, I have been very happy with my JD and my dealer has been great with the one small problem that I have had. ....

wondering why

View my Photos
kwschumm
TractorPoint Premium Member -- 5 Tractors = Very Frequent Poster  View my Photos  Pics

2005-05-28          111664

I have mentioned problems with battery outgassing and instrument panel fogging on my JD. Others have reported problems with transmission servo calibration and exposed wiring harnesses causing hydro failure on theirs. I don't think there's a conspiracy of silence. No machine is perfect. What I have noticed is that problems with brands seem to be reported in clusters. There might be a series of complaints about orange problems, then a bunch about green problems, then a bunch about blue. Can't figure that out. ....

wondering why

View my Photos
brokenarrow

2005-05-29          111696

Just having some fun with you guys!!! I thought it would get a bigger response than what it did but maybe you guys already know when I am having some fun and stirring a pot a bit. LOL. I do stick by my guns though, you JD guys are extremely loyal and that is something you guys can be proud of (or atleast the company should be proud of). I often compare JD guys with the Harley owners around here (Milw. Wi.) Say anything you want about my DOG just dont rip on my Hog!!!!
Bottom line (IMO) every line of products needs a company that will set the "BAR" and set it HIGH! I do believe that JD sets the bar on many tractors. The good thing for many of us that can't or wont afford the JD price is that they set that bar high enough to force other company's to either meet that level or get out of the buisness. The good thing for you JD guys is that there are 2 other company's that are reaching the levels of JD on many of the KEY reasons to buy a tractor. The closer the other 2 company's come to meeting or beating JD the sooner your price will drop or atleast level out. (Then again, maybe JD dont care, if you want the best PAY FOR IT)
LOL
sorry I could not pass that one up!!!!
Hey, thanks for not going off on me for this thread! (I mean that too) Last night I was bored, pissed, and cranky and was looking for a fight. Looking for a fight since my bride just kicked me in the b--ls about a NON_PAINT job I did in the house. I lose that fight every time.
Have a good one fella's (and ladies) ....

wondering why

View my Photos
oneace
TractorPoint Premium Member -- 5 Tractors = Very Frequent Poster  View my Photos  Pics

2005-05-29          111699

Now broken you are supposed to be the nice guy and I am the one that is supposed to pick the fights on the forum.
I will say this New Holland does have some serious quality control issues. We at the dealerships try to catch all the problems before they are delivered but sometimes we do miss a couple. I know we sell about 50 to 60 tractors and skid loaders a month and have 55% of the market share in our area in both skid loaders and 18 to 80hp tractors. So at least I am doing some thing right and catching manufacturing mess ups. If the rest of the dealers would do there job customer satisfaction would be a whole lot higher. Or is q.c. would be as good as the TG and TM models. ....

wondering why

View my Photos
kskwash

2005-05-29          111702

I believe that most of the issues that we hear about could be based on the dealer that sold the tractor to start with. I do not mean that they should catch every little thing that is wrong with the tractor before it is delivered to the customer, and the buyer should remember that they are purchasing an agriculture product, not a luxery car, but that they should try to give the best customer service to there customers that they can. I think that if most of the issues were fixed with a sincere effort to make the customer happy, very few complaints would exist. After all NH, JD, and the rest that are under approx. 125 HP, are all made over seas. So I do believe that the most important decision in purchasing a new tractor is not only the tractor, but how the dealership works with you. I visited by dealer for almost 6 months, and took many test drives before I bought mine, and each time he took the time to spend with me, and not try to rush me into something that I was still looking into. ....

wondering why

View my Photos
drcjv.

2005-05-30          111706

Broken from my observations over the passed three years most of the complaints on NH were over individual tractors or dealers espeacially those who bought out of state. Not major problems with a modal or line on the other hand I remember several major problems with the Deere line major hydro problems, axle problems,electric problems. They seem to have all been cleared up now. People take problems a lot more personal when they are the only one that has it. vs. all modals having a defect, you might not like it but now your just part of a group instead of being singled out.(why me syndrome) There is no doubt that the Deere loyalty is very strong after all kubota (in this country compared to Deere) and especially NH are new commers in the CUT world. Deere should be commended for being able to stay in business when many of the other american tractor CO went out of business. All that being said when I bought my tractor I was looking for value (bang for the buck)Deere and Kubota are very good tractors but around here they are much more expensive than NH. If they were better and worth the extra 4-5 thousand I would own one, but the NH was equal or better in most cases for alot less money. Better value. Truthfully I have had several people who own Deere and Kubota use my tractor and say they like better than what they have, but never would have thought to try NH until they were on mine. ....

wondering why

View my Photos
ncrunch32

2005-05-30          111708

This is just a stupid comment from a guy who drove an occasional tractor when I was a kid. The brand that always popped into my head first was Ford. We called the most fun tractor to drive on the neighbor's farm the "little ford". My first thought when I went to buy a tractor was Ford. Then my heart went to my stomach as I remembered there is no more Ford tractor it is now a "New Holland". That wasn't good enough for me. I wanted the brand name "Ford".

wondering why

View my Photos
oneace

2005-05-30          111716

In about 2 years you might be able to call them GM. ....

wondering why

View my Photos
Chief

2005-05-30          111718

I think they all have their problems.........some more than others. I look at what the farmers are using. I am talking about the small farmer who buys one or two tractors in their life time. So far, John Deere and International (I mean the old red iron power International before Case bought them out) The two guy who I let cut hay off the river bottom pasture are died in the wool International men. They have a 784, 484, and a 464. I see a lot of Deere machines out there with the 4020 and follow on series being the most prevailent. I and looking at something in the Deere 4020 range but they cost over twice as much as anything else out there. A comparable International 886, 986, or 1086 costs half as much but is still every bit as good a machine. My father had a Ford TW-20 that he did not have very good luck with. The low range would slip even after having the tractor split to repair it.

With respect to the more modern tractors, I like Deere, Kubota, and Kioti. In the mean time, I just keep watching the auctions and for sale papers.

There seem to be good and bad dealers of all colors; so you just have to work with the luck of the draw or find a dealer you are happy with. ....

wondering why

View my Photos
Murf

2005-05-30          111719

Supply & demand, preference, whatever the reason, certain tractors seem to demand a very high price, likewise there are some real bargains out there.

A few years back we were looking for a big tractor for doing real heavy chore work, things like pulling heavy loads, dragging logs, nasty stuff. The sort of thing you need 4wd, huge tires and plenty of power for, but not the srt of thing you want to waste expensive hours on with a shiny new unit. We had been getting by with a 2wd unit made ourselves by putting tractor tires and a reduction gear on a single axle semi-truck tractor, the lack of 4wd was becoming a problem though.

After much searching we found a Versatile 555, a 4wd articulated monster sitting on 38" rubber and powered by a big old Cummins. Parts were common and cheap, and they seemed to run forever.

So far it has.

Best of luck. ....

wondering why

View my Photos
oneace

2005-05-30          111721

The TW series tractors were the worst tractors ford ever made. ....

wondering why

View my Photos
Chief

2005-05-30          111725

You certainly won't get any arguement from me on that call! LOL!!! He has an old AC 5040 which is not the highest quality machine nor pretty to look at(Rumanian manufacture) but it runs and gets the job done. I been trying to get him to consider a Deere 6603. ....

wondering why

View my Photos
oneace

2005-05-30          111730

Personally I would go with a ford 8760 or a deere 7810. ....

wondering why

View my Photos
Chief

2005-05-30          111732

I wouldn't be upset with owning a 7810 either. That series of tractors seems to hold up pretty well. ....

wondering why

View my Photos
oneace

2005-05-30          111734

They hold up well and look really cool with a snow blower on the front (see my pics) But I would not want on for loader work due to having the forward/reverse located on the right same side as the loader joy stick. ....

wondering why

View my Photos
brokenarrow

2005-06-01          111842

That is one expensive snow blowing machine there Oneace!
Kinda like telling your wife you need a snowblower and coming home to see your little lady had an addition put on the house to room the new couch she just bought. Turn around is fair play? ....

wondering why

View my Photos
Iowafun

2005-06-05          111954

That 7810 with the snowblower looks really cool. I couldn't get that past the boss.

I think most of the problems lie with the dealers and their ability/desire to catch manufacturing defects. I own a JD 4310. The dealer had to cut a slot for the mid-mount hydraulic cylinder lever. They did a terrible looking job. I think my 11 year old sister could have done a nicer looking job. Then the MMM deck was poorly adjusted. It was set for golf course green grass height. Once I had it where I wanted the grass height, it would raise up maybe 1/4 inch. My father-in-law and I spent about an hour working on it. We only broke one weld (pourous and really pathetic looking). I fixed that too. But my issues are mostly with the dealer.

So the JD guys do have complaints. But I am able to fix most things and so far the benefits of the tractor have far outweighed the problems. ....

Go Top Go Top

Share This
Share This

Member Login