Go Bottom Go Bottom

buying a tractor from a far away dealer

View my Photos
oneace
TractorPoint Premium Member -- 5 Tractors = Very Frequent Poster  View my Photos  Pics

2004-04-08          82529

i,ve seen alot of you buying or tinking about buy a tractor from a dealer that is far away. yes the price might be good but what are you going to do when you have a problem and need warenty work done. If you buy a tractor MOST times you will only be able to get that dealer to do the warrenty work on that tractor. Your local dealer will probly tell you sorry aabout your luck you should have bought it from us. pick up and delivery are not covered buy nh warrenty. if your dealer tells you that it is covered then it is comming out of his pocket. And might say he never told you that when the time comes for repairs. so buyer beware!!!!

Reply to | Quote Post Reply to PostQuote Reply | Add PhotoAdd Photo

View my Photos
grinder
TractorPoint Premium Member -- 5 Tractors = Very Frequent Poster  View my Photos  Pics

2004-04-09          82547

I would agree if transporting your machine was a problem.
But for me it isn't, and have talked to more than one dealer
who would be glad to service it. If a dealer has that attitude I wouldn't wasnt to buy from them anyway. It is
like being held hostage. Buy from me or else.
(IMO) It is another reason to buy the big three,plenty of competition, for my after the sale dollars.
BTW if you buy a Kubota you want have to go back ! ....

View my Photos
drcjv.

2004-04-09          82576

Grinder my brother has a kubota and has had to have it seviced several times and told me next purchase he will look at other brands due to the problems. No brand is perfect. When I bought my tractor one dealer sold both kubota and NH the mechanics told me the kubotas required more service. Another dealer sold JD and NH the mechanics there said they fixed more JD with big problems than NH. I did not take the salesmans word I ask the mechanics. I could of and would have bought any brand, based on my research NH was the best value. Now after two years I am very happy with my tractor. ....

View my Photos
oneace

2004-04-09          82578

I work at nh delealer we do do other dealers warrenty work but allot of those people try their local dealer who might say they'll fix it but not for a couple weeks then they start calling around. but around our area most people will buy from us anyway cause nobody else can touch our price or reputation. what i should have said is that make sure you get any service agrement in writting especialy from super market tracor stores. ....

View my Photos
grinder

2004-04-09          82586

drcjv
It was just a joke. I'm sure the same could be said about most tractors,good ones and bad ones.
Who owns and manufactures NH ? I looked at them, nice looking machine. I did not try one, wish I had for comparision sake. Most of the people I know with tractors have a Kubota, so thats what I got,like the herd feeding at Mcdonalds I guess. ....

View my Photos
oneace

2004-04-09          82590

The mane company name is CNH Global which is nh case ih kobelko fiat, which is the primary owner, and a host of other euro. companies. they are basicly comining the best features from all of the different companies to create one good product and painting them different colors and maybe a different look here and there .check out the site. ....

Link:   

Click Here

View my Photos
Peters

2004-04-09          82605

I have no tractor company so would truck the tractor to the dealer. I have had tactors for years and have never taken one to the dealer. A tractor is not exactly state of the art technology. If a new dealer trys to hold me for ransom he certainly will not see my business. If he could not win my business to begin with, jacking around on waranty work will definately not win my business in the future.
For example I looked at the JD the other day, now 50 miles away. He stated they only dealt in list prices. That will be the last he sees of me. I guess he figures the green paint makes the tractor. ....

View my Photos
brokenarrow
TractorPoint Premium Member -- 5 Tractors = Very Frequent Poster

2004-04-09          82607

I never could understand why I have heard that also ( some dealers do not want to do warrenty work on prod. they did not sell) Can anyone here answer that to me? I would think there is a standard book time they would get to do the service work? Oneace, is that how it is done?
Put it this way, I did not buy my chevy from a dealer near my work location. I took it back to the BIG PLACE I boughtn it from for warrenty work and they could not fix the problem (in fact they did not even diag. it right) I went in frustration to this other (more spendy on initial cost of a truck) dealer and was floored at the service dept. Awesome service and care afterwards. I let the Manager know that regaurdless of a few hundred bucks difference I will buy my next truck from them. Also told him that his mech. are the reason!!!!! That will hold true for tractors also (with me). I love my dealer so far but if any service I need afterwards is not a pleasant experiance, I will go somewhere else when I buy my skidsteer in 2 years. Along with word of mouth, I think service is one of the best advertising a dealer can provide.
Tom ....

View my Photos
grinder

2004-04-10          82617

Peters
What is it with the JD guy's? everyone I've talked to has
that attitude"Take it or Leave it".
They must teach it at their sale seminars why else would
it happen so often? ....

View my Photos
oneace

2004-04-10          82631

they are not supused to turn away work. they normally just give you the run around untill you get frustrated and go some where else. there is a set limit to what nh will pay for warrenty on a perticular problem, but the will not pay any road time for service calls or for pick uip and delivery. ....

View my Photos
dsg

2004-04-10          82636

I have had just the opposite experience with my JD dealer than grinders Question, So I don't think it's a training issue. I thnk it's an old attitude from years gone by and those dealers WILL have to change or go out of buisness. I have seen the same attitude with Auto dealers over the last decade.

David

View my Photos
Peters

2004-04-10          82639

Oneace there are dealers that charge even for tractors that they sell in the area. Maybe we need a tractor club, TAA to helo defray costs. I have my own trailer and puller Cummins Dodge 3500 so it does not really enter into the equation.
Grinder, small NA auto dealers had this attitude until the Japanese provided a service re-education. Service departments now vie for service awards.
The tractor market has been more localized than auto. As the internet allows people to shop at greater distances thing will have to change or they will got tits up. Recently two JD dealers in my area have done this, not sure how many will need to be weeded out until JD sees a pattern. ....

View my Photos
kwschumm

2004-04-10          82640

My local JD dealer was far more willing to work with me than either of the Kubota dealers I went to. It has nothing to do with training, it is the desire to be competitive and provide good service. Just like with auto dealers, or contractors, or any other business. There are good and bad in any of them. ....

View my Photos
Peters

2004-04-10          82644

I agree but even the good JD dealers I have dealt with had an attitude until they got to know me. In most cases in rural areas they are used to seeing the same repeat customers. When some one new walks in you almost need to beat the bushes to get someone to help you. Some have the attitude that they green paint assures a sale. ....

View my Photos
kwschumm

2004-04-10          82662

I think the problem is that the dealer would rather sell a piece of $100k equipment than a $12k one. Dealers that specialize in CUTs often don't have that choice. However, the first Kubota dealer I talked to wasn't interested in selling to me because I was only shopping for one tractor. Apparently these guys sell several at a time to the Oregon vineyard market. Same problem, different color. ....

View my Photos
oneace

2004-04-10          82673

that is why it is important to shop around. me personaly i don't care what you are buying i'm there to make you happy as are the salesman and the parts department. AT the dealership i work at if you are not happy when you leave we are not happy either. sound like a corny catch phrase but it is true. ....

Go Top Go Top

Share This
Share This

Member Login