Go Bottom Go Bottom

Change in Plans Reality Check

View my Photos
wbowhunt
TractorPoint Premium Member -- 5 Tractors = Very Frequent Poster  View my Photos  Pics

2003-12-05          70372

Well I spent the day at a couple dealers. Looked at the Kubota 7800 / JD 2210 / JD 4115 & 4210 / NH 1725. I really wanted to see the NH TC24 and TC 29, but the dealer said he would order, but does not carry. As much as I want to be a real tractor owner Ya know the more power R R R R. I think reality set in with size and pricing. I think the 7800 is just bigger then I really need and the JD 2210 is not much more then a lawn mower on steriods ( Not that that is bad, Just do not feel comfortable with the limited Cat 1 3PT and tires. So I think I have narrowed my field down to the 4115 or the TC24 Now for the question. Looking at 17,500 w/ FEL and 60"MMM for the TC24 and 18,700 for the 4115 w/ same features. These were the first prices given with no Haggeling. Thoughts? I know the Kubota 7800 is about 16,900 and a 30 horse, but from what I have seen you get what you pay for. Yes it is a little cheaper for a little more, but the attachments don't seem as heavy gauge as JD and NH.

Reply to | Quote Post Reply to PostQuote Reply | Add PhotoAdd Photo

View my Photos
Chief
TractorPoint Premium Member -- 5 Tractors = Very Frequent Poster  View my Photos  Pics

2003-12-05          70374

Sounds like your are on the right track to me. ....

View my Photos
wbowhunt

2003-12-07          70485

Have to ask Chief, Navy / CG / Police or something else? Where did the name Chief come from? Only curious as I am a weekend warrior Chief in the CG ....

View my Photos
popabear
TractorPoint Premium Member -- 5 Tractors = Very Frequent Poster

2003-12-08          70553

Chief is one of them ARMY kind of guys Warrant that gets him the handle of Chief. Not trying to speak for you Chief, couldn't resist. How are you doing. I am also a Weekend warrior in the Air National Guard and also a Chief. Boy looks like a lot of Chiefs here. ....

View my Photos
Murf

2003-12-08          70554

All these NCO's takes me back...

Does this mean we're going to have to have an enlisted section and an officer's section, I've had enough of that crap already in my life.

Maybe we could give all the NCO's honourary 'tractor' rank and make it an open door policy at the O. Club.

First round is on me.

Best of luck. ....

View my Photos
popabear

2003-12-08          70557

Won't even venture into the NCO / O thing. Best left alone.I am sure we have many enlisted & officers lurking on these boards. ....

View my Photos
Chief

2003-12-08          70558

wbowhunt,

The handle came from a professional insider's joke that us Warrant Officers propagated. I am a retired US Army Aviation Chief Warrant Officer CW4. When I was on active duty the commisioned officers and even some NCO's were really wrapped around the axle and overly emphasized being addressed by their military correct rank and proper address when greeted. These same folks addressed Warrant Officers as "Chief" which is a term of endearment many commisioned & enlisted used to address Warrant Officers but not as specified by the regualtions they so readily quoted. This was not an approved or authorized term of address or referal to rank. I personally did not mind and took it as a positive thing and a compliment realizing the intent was well meaning. The Clinton era know-it-alls in charge of policy strictly enforced this issue of proper military address. A lot of Warrants would get upset and say something like "do I have feather hangin' down my ass???" Many of us just made it the butt of a joke and when we (meaning Warrant Officers) greated each other, we called each other "Chief". The joke was readily appearent when several Warrant Officers would meet in an area and greet each other........ "Hey chief!", hello chief!, chief!, how ya doing chief!" etc. After about 20 or 30 "hey chief!"'s it was somewhat amusing and a got the point across about how pompus being so formal was. Anyway, you had to be there to appreciate it. ;-) I used the term "Chief" in much of my email while on active duty as sense of humor break the ice type thing and I guess it just stuck. Hence the handle "Chief"......now Chief Warrant Officer 4 retired. ....

View my Photos
popabear

2003-12-08          70560

I knew you would pop in sooner or later Chief how are you doing. I used to be E9living and changed my handle to popabear, that is the handle my daughter calles me on the two way's. I know you would have a good explanation for the Chief in you. Do you miss the Army yet? I am still at TACOM keeping the equipment working. ....

View my Photos
Murf

2003-12-08          70561

We always took Chief as a term of respect, the wise old NCO who was smarter than to take a commission.

I knew one who used to get asked by the young brass why he never went up for his commission, his answer was always "All the men like me Sir, why would I want to screw that up by getting promoted?".

BTW, in editing my photos this morning I came up with a new colour scheme for JD, I call it the Vets Version, have a look at my # 10....

Best of luck. ....

View my Photos
wbowhunt

2003-12-08          70578

Did not mean to bring back un fond memories for some and by no means a start of the NCO / O issue. Which in my years no one really went to the O side anyway, all the O's came over to the E or CPO club. Much better entertainment and of course the more, how shall I say Attractive women. ....

View my Photos
Chief

2003-12-08          70604

popabear, how are you doing! Long time since I had chat with you. No, I sure don't miss the Army one bit. I have been trying to get my medical situation straightened out more than anything else. I am going to the VA hospital in Nashville next to Vanderbuilt University hospital. The docs at Vanderbuilt work in the VA hospital. Very encouraging. From what I hear, those 15 4710's I procured for the 101st are still running strong. I do kinda miss the contracting part of what I did before I retired. The Apache rotor blade racks and trailer project was the last project I worked on before I got out and that was fun. That is when I went through you guys to get HMMWV tires for the trailers.

I bet you guys are busy working equipment issues now that the change out of units in Iraq is taking place in February. I figure they will leave most of the equipment there and buy new or trade when they redeploy.

Anyhow, glad to see you on Tractor Point! ....

View my Photos
Art White

2003-12-08          70608

Have you looked at the B-7610 Kubota? That will give you 24 horsepower. ....

View my Photos
popabear

2003-12-09          70613

I doing great Chief. I don't pay to play here so I cannot read your complete response. We are jumping hoops here trying to keep the field supplied and working. Lots of my loaders taking hits. I thought you wanted to see the Team Tire people, or is that not a issue now that you retired? ....

View my Photos
popabear

2003-12-09          70614

Chief good luck with the VA Hospital I am sure you will need it. ....

View my Photos
Chief

2003-12-09          70622

popabear,

I lost your email and a bunch of other info. when my computer along along with the netscape I tried installing crashed . Send me an email and I'll send you the entire post. I can put you back into my Outlook Express addresses too. ....

View my Photos
Chief

2003-12-09          70624

Murf,

Cute looking tractor paint job! ;-) They wanted to paint the 15 4710's like that before the 101st took them to Iraq. Even tried to have the sewing shop make camoflage seat covers. They changed their mind at the last minute. I asked them "why would you paint a forest camoflage pattern on a tractor you are taking to the desert?" The response was oh.....good point. The desert camoflage pattern looks evern worse. It is nice to see a little green color after months of deployment in the desert. At least it was for me when I went and stayed for about a year. John Deere makes a military Gator that is similar to that type pattern but is all dark OD green. ....

View my Photos
wbowhunt

2003-12-09          70652

To return to the thread and answer Art. No I have not. are there cetain incentives for dealers to sell certain Models? When I went to another NH/Kubota dealer. They had a 7500. Don't know anything about this model as the dealer didn't really want to discuss it. He either wanted to discuss the 7800 or the NH 30. As much as I am interested in the bigger tractor. I just think after this first year or two I am going to have a much bigger tractor then I need. That OK it will take me a little longer to get some stuff done in those first few years, but after that, I will be mostly just mowing the lawn/Brush hoggin' the pasture/ Moving manure. I can't really justify that 30 hp for that. Especially the lawn. What is the scoop on the 7610? HP? Is this a deluxe version of the 7500? ....

View my Photos
kubotaguy

2003-12-09          70654

Maybe that is why things worked out pretty well for me. I was looking for a machine in the 25 to 30 HP range. I guess since there is incentive to sell the 7800 was why he was so eager to help me with that one. I hope you have better luck finding what you are looking for. What are all of the places you have tried so far? ....

View my Photos
Murf

2003-12-09          70655

Chief, I thought one of those camo JD's might be handy for you up in them 'thar hills, 'cept then again maybe not, I wouldn't want someone to NOT see you while they're up there hunting PETA bears, LOL.

Maybe a blaze orange kit for fall bush work?

I know what you mean, battleship grey got pretty boring after a while too. I used to look forward to getting junk mail just for the colour pictures, LOL.

Best of luck. ....

View my Photos
wbowhunt

2003-12-09          70656

I have been to Antietam, The JD Dealer in MD and the one down in Arden ( Good Experience there ) and winchester Equipemnt ( the guy I talked with on the phone was extremely helpful, but was not there when I went on Monday. A different guy basically gave me the list prices told which modes were the popular sellers and said have a nice day. ) Maybe I just don't come across as a serious tractor buyer. I mean yes I am there to get prices and look at different models, but once I find what I want I am buying then and there. I explained that to they guy at Winchester and still didn't even get to test ride a tractor. I guess with the snow on all the tractors he didn't want to have to brush them off. SO I didn't push the issue. I figure I will wait till the other guy is back and go talk with him. I am down to the JD 4115 or the TC 24. Now it is all a matter of Price and support. I did send an E-mail to Corriher to inquire about price for the TC24 w/ FEL and 60"mmm, No Response in three days ....

View my Photos
popabear

2003-12-09          70675

Chief your email is not listed, can't send you a message.
popabear AKA E9living ....

View my Photos
Chief

2003-12-09          70680

Sorry about that! I thought it was. I forgot about the changes to the posting and email. It shows now. ....

Go Top Go Top

Share This
Share This

Member Login