Go Bottom Go Bottom

Ford A-Plan No More

View my Photos
Adam
TractorPoint Premium Member -- 5 Tractors = Very Frequent Poster

2003-03-26          51944

I heard that the Ford A-Plan doesn't give out A-plan number allowing Ford employees to buy NH Tractors on the A-Plan. Anyone know more info?
Thanks,
Adam

Reply to | Quote Post Reply to PostQuote Reply | Add PhotoAdd Photo

Ford A-Plan No More

View my Photos
Roy Jackson

2003-03-27          51956

Probably true...Ford doesn't own New Holland any longer ....

Ford A-Plan No More

View my Photos
TomG

2003-03-27          51964

I think there's a discussion in the archives where somebody was very definite that Ford employees can buy at discount. I believe he said that he or a family member received the discount. There was a detailed description of how to get the discount. However, I don't think it was clear if the plan was from NH and applied everywhere or if it is an option for individual dealers. ....

Ford A-Plan No More

View my Photos
AC5ZO
TractorPoint Premium Member -- 5 Tractors = Very Frequent Poster  View my Photos  Pics

2003-03-27          51994

The Ford A-Plan was still in effect just before December. I have not heard of it being discontinued since then. Ford hasn't owned NH for some time, but the A-plan was a negotiated extension of the buying advantage. There are a number of plans like this for Ford employees for vehicles and can even include friends and family.

The A-plan however is for Ford Motor Company employees only and you have to show a FMC paystub to qualify. This program does not extend to even Ford subsidiaries. ....

Ford A-Plan No More

View my Photos
outatime

2003-05-08          54545

I know for a fact that You can not get an A plan for a New Holland anything. (used to be able to) Tried to get one today and is no longer available ....

Ford A-Plan No More

View my Photos
jerrysisk

2003-05-22          55379

A-Plan DOES EXIST... I just used it this week to purchase my new TC40D in Tennessee. ....

Ford A-Plan No More

View my Photos
outatime

2003-05-22          55383

I'm from PA and called Dearborne MI. And that's what they told me. Maybe it's a regional thing or different union contract. By the way because of this group I got enough info to make my decision to order (on 5/10)a TC40D with a 16la loader and 758 backhoe. THANKS to all! ....

Ford A-Plan No More

View my Photos
AC5ZO
TractorPoint Premium Member -- 5 Tractors = Very Frequent Poster  View my Photos  Pics

2003-05-23          55415

I think that it will eventually expire, but I do not know the details of the contract when Ford transferred to New Holland.

The A Plan is not an ordinary sale for a dealer and many don't even know what it is. They have to look things up or call their district manager. This is not a very profitable situation for the dealer, but he does make money on the deal. So, you have to press them to get them to do it.

I have said this before, but it bears repeating. You must have a Ford Motor Company paystub to qualify. They do not accept paystubs from any of the spinoffs like Visteon. You pay invoice for the tractor and the dealer gets 5% of the sale from NH or Ford for his trouble. ....

Ford A-Plan No More

View my Photos
outatime

2003-05-23          55423

The dealer had no problems with the A plan as he has done them before and would accept them. It was Ford that said it was no longer available. I am elegable for the A Plan and have used it many times before. ....

Ford A-Plan No More

View my Photos
pav245

2003-05-23          55437

Spoke to the dealer yesterday and he sez that A-plan pricing is available for everything that has a serial number. Tractors, FELs, backhoes, etc all have A-plan. Passive implements such as boxblades etc would not. ....

Ford A-Plan No More

View my Photos
checkers11777

2003-05-27          55770

I just spoke to a NH dealer today and asked about the A plan. According to him, it does exist, but for employees only,no relatives.He did mention that the discount is greatly reduced, however, down to about 5 or 6 percent. ....

Ford A-Plan No More

View my Photos
NH Engineer

2003-08-08          61265

I work at the New Holland plant in New Holland, PA. NH employees used to get the Ford A plan on cars and trucks, but since 2000, we can only get the FoMoCo X-Plan, (a watered down A Plan). The same may be true for FoMoCo employees wanting a NH product. ....

Go Top Go Top

Share This
Share This

Member Login