Go Bottom Go Bottom

Did I do good

View my Photos
eddie2
TractorPoint Premium Member -- 5 Tractors = Very Frequent Poster

2002-01-07          34350

I've been searching and pricing for a while now, and I think I'm ready to buy. How's this sound? TC33D, FEL, Ag Tires, Wheel Weights, 16,800. I thought it was a good price. Most Ive been gettin is 18-19G's in the NY, NJ, PA area. Any thoughts???

Reply to | Quote Post Reply to PostQuote Reply | Add PhotoAdd Photo

Did I do good

View my Photos
Mrwurm

2002-01-08          34356

Eddie, your price is about $200 cheaper than any I have seen here in Michigan. Some dealer prices vary by as much as $1,100. ....

Did I do good

View my Photos
Peters
TractorPoint Premium Member -- 5 Tractors = Very Frequent Poster  View my Photos  Pics

2002-01-08          34363

I assume that it is shift. I had that pricing last spring in MS, minus the weights. I doubt you could do better unless the dealer was going out of business.
I was shopping but still opted for a good used machine. ....

Did I do good

View my Photos
eddie2

2002-01-08          34366

Actually Peters.. It's with a Hydro Trans, Ag tires, Heavy Duty FEL....... ANd the guy threw in a T-Shirt Too! Lol. ....

Did I do good

View my Photos
Bird Senter

2002-01-08          34368

Sounds good to me. Have you already go it, Eddie? ....

Did I do good

View my Photos
Peters
TractorPoint Premium Member -- 5 Tractors = Very Frequent Poster  View my Photos  Pics

2002-01-08          34369

How long have you been dating the owners daughter? ....

Did I do good

View my Photos
eddie2

2002-01-08          34374

Did all the NH Credit Stuff, will send him the deposit check tomorrow.. then I guess he'll let me know when to expect it. As far as service, he said that the basic 50 hrs service is just filter and oil changes basicly, so I guess thts something I can do myself....

Bought it from Forrester Farm equipt. in Chambersburg PA. Delt with Jason. It's a family business and they have the best price I've found. Great to deal with...so far. ;)

Peters... that was very funny btw........ ....

Did I do good

View my Photos
John Mc

2002-01-20          34784

Aside from fluids and filters, the 50 hr inspection should include checking and tightening torques on various bolts and going over hydraulic connections. This may not sound like much, but too often this is missed in a dealer's initial set-up, and/or they work loose during the initial run-in. If you are doing it yourself, get some pointers on these and other items to check.

It's not tough to do, but you don't want to miss something important. My dealer included the 50 hr check in the purchase price (I just paid for fluids and filters). They do it at the customer's site, and go over with them the types of things to watch out for. I nice additional service, I thought. ....

Did I do good

View my Photos
eddie2

2002-01-24          34897

Well fellas... it's the night before my TC33D gets delivered!!!! Man I feel like a kid again..it feels like Christmas all over!!! If you told me 5 yrs ago that I'd be living on a farm, raising some beef cattle, and waiting for the delivery of a new NEW Holland Tractor.....I'd have thought that you were nuts! But it's ALL true!!! Yeah Boyyyyyyy!

to be continued...... ....

Did I do good

View my Photos
TomG

2002-01-25          34911

Eddie: Yep, I remember my night before christmas. Mine wait was a bit milder though. The dealer trucked my used tractor almost 200 miles to our place so I could try it on approval. I was anticipating the night before, but I wasn't quite committed to buying it--should have known better I guess. But it was the right tractor for me then and it still is. Novice purchases often work that I hear, and most likely so will yours.

Something to keep in mind is that enthusiasm and love (maybe the same things) can make fools of us all. The first thing I did was to order 15-yards of gravel and set out to redo part of the drive the very same day. Hopped on the tractor and proceeded to thrash away at the gravel pile. Of course, the rear tires weren't loaded and the 3ph implements hadn't been delivered yet (they work for rear ballast).

So, there I go bouncing down the drive with full buckets of gravel. Now I know that I was very light in the rear and at risk for tipping up on my nose in the highway ditch. It's good to read everything possible about operation and safety before delivery.

I had been around and operated tractors when I was a kid, but my cousins didn't mention ballast. Well, it probably wouldn't have made any difference if I did know about ballast, I likely would still have been an enthusiastic fool. But then, fools sometimes are protected. I was and I still love my tractor. Wouldn't be good to count on the protection though.

Did I do good

View my Photos
eddie2

2002-01-25          34934

I got it!!!!! It came today, my very own TC33D. I just kinda stood there in awe. Then I sat on it and started trying all the levers and pedels, The dealer was right... compared to my '39 9N, this thing is like Star Wars! The first job I did, was scrape up and move some old hay from the hay rack. Who knows what I'll do next????

One observation tho.... the wheel base seems much narrower than my 9N. Standing behind it I can really notice it. Oh well.... Tomorrow's another day! ....

Did I do good

View my Photos
Mrwurm

2002-01-25          34935

eddie, you went from a 9N to NHTC33D? The shock alone could have killed you. What are you going to do with your clutch foot? And no shifting!! Power steering! Ah yes, one hand free to sip your favorite beverage... ....

Did I do good

View my Photos
John Mc

2002-01-26          34945

RE: narrow wheelbase on TC33D vs 9N

If I recall, you got the Ag tires. These are reversible (the R4 tires are not on the TC33, not sure about the turfs). The rims can be dished in or out to change the wheelbase width. Which way are yours?

If you do flip them, you also have to change sides (assuming you don't demount the tire off the rim). This keeps the tread pattern running in the right direction. If they are properly installed, the tread pattern should leave a series of "V" marks in the ground, with the wide part of the V track facing the direction of forward travel (narrow point of the V points to where you came from).

Forgive me if you already knew this, but thought I'd mention it.

John ....

Did I do good

View my Photos
TomG

2002-01-26          34956

I've heard it said that Ford N-series tractors hold side hills better than many modern compacts. It might be good to keep in mind that the despite all the features on modern compacts, old Fords may do at least one thing better--stick on side hills where others should fear to tread. There are very wide. ....

Did I do good

View my Photos
Milton Williams

2002-01-26          34958

You are right about the old ford n series. I used my old 49 8n to plow ditches and it was at a pretty good angle and still didn't roll over. I would be afraid to use my jd4200 with industrial tires like that. The center of gravity is higher. ....

Did I do good

View my Photos
eddie2

2002-01-26          34969

Mr Wurm.... yur right.. going from the 9n to the tc33d was very traumatic.. in a good way tho. I went and cranked over my old baby just for old times sake...Still starts right up too! Guess I'll sell her this spring.

John... will flipping the wheels around make a noticable difference is is it not worth it?? ....

Did I do good

View my Photos
John Mc

2002-01-28          35030

eddie2-

Flipping the wheels can make a significant difference in stability. You can get an idea of how it increses the tread width by looking at how off-center the mounting hub is set in the rim.

A couple of the dealers in my area seem to set up the tractor for wide tread as a default unless you ask for something different. I guess because it's fairly hilly here in Vermont. You might want to take a look to see if yours is already set up that way.

John

Go Top Go Top

Share This
Share This

Member Login