Go Bottom Go Bottom

Price of NH TC35

View my Photos
Ed Henderson
TractorPoint Premium Member -- 5 Tractors = Very Frequent Poster

2000-10-30          21032

Does anyone have an idea of a good price for a TC35 (gear trans), 4WD (no supersteer), 16LA loader, R4 tires, Foldable ROPS, Deluxe 3pt. I have been quoted $18,000. Is this a good price? I live in Western PA.

Reply to | Quote Post Reply to PostQuote Reply | Add PhotoAdd Photo

Price of NH TC35

View my Photos
DavidV

2000-10-31          21049

Never priced that config but my local dealer quoted me $21900 for a TC35D w/Supersteer, 17LA loader, R4s, and hydro. The ss option I think is around $1000 and the 17LA is around $300 more leaving a delta of $2600 for the TC35 to TC35D. Seems that the price you are quoted is inline with my dealer here.

DaveV ....

Price of NH TC35

View my Photos
Michigander

2000-11-01          21114

I just got a quote from a MI dealer for the same unit for $18,300 with R4 tires. The cost with Hydro was $19,800. Wait for the price for a JD4400 to compare. Did you look at the JD's? ....

Price of NH TC35

View my Photos
Ed Henderson

2000-11-02          21144

Yes, I priced the JD 4400. It came in about $3000 higher than the TC35! I showed my local JD dealer the quotes for the TC35 and he was dumbfounded! He couldn't do any better. All he could say is he would like to see me driving a "Green". I also priced a JD 990 and it was about $2000 higher. The 990 has more HP but is lacking some newer features like shuttle shift, foldable ROPS, and is weaker in 3pt lift. I have not checked other JD dealers. What have you found? ....

Price of NH TC35

View my Photos
Ed Henderson

2000-11-02          21145

I forgot to mention that the quote of $18000 for the TC35 also includes calcium in the rear tires and a block heater for cold winter starts. It would be hard to convince me that the quality of a JD warrants a $2000-$3000 premium even though I've grown up on JDs. I was raised on a beef farm and my Dad has always purchased JDs but I can't justify the price since I'm now paying for it! :) ....

Price of NH TC35

View my Photos
Michigander

2000-11-02          21167

Got the prices today for the JD 4400. With Sync was $19,400 with loaded, R4 tires. Add $900 for the Hydro. I also priced the 4500 with the power reverser and it was $20,750 with loaded R4's. I don't know if I need the much larger tractor but there is some appeal to increasing the loader lift from 1200# to 2400# I want to be able to feed the 4x4 round bales 800-1000lbs without a struggle but don't want to sink into the grass when I drive across the lawn. I am really struggling....The New Holland dealer will give me a TC40 sync shuttle shift for $20K as well. I even looked at the new Kioti DK45, 45hp sync shuttle with loader for $20K. These are nice looking units, haven't driven one yet. ....

Price of NH TC35

View my Photos
Ed Henderson

2000-11-03          21188

Good prices on the JDs! My local JD dealer stinks on price! For only $1350 difference I would go with the 4500. Here's how to handle the weight issue: Don't load your tires w/calcium. Use removable wheel weights ballast box that can be added for jobs that require it and taken off for ones that don't. That way you can work on you lawn and be lighter than a 4400 w/calcium. One thing to keep in mind is that the tires are larger on the 4500 which means that the weight is spread out more thus digging in less. It may end up being about equal to the 4400. I looked at the Kubotas and didn't like them. They don't seem "American" enough in ergonomics and style. I grew up on JDs and just expect tractors to work a certain way. Also the pricing that I got seemed high. Hope this helps. ....

Price of NH TC35

View my Photos
Ed Henderson

2000-11-03          21189

I forgot to ask: Do the JD prices include a front end loader? If so then great prices. ....

Price of NH TC35

View my Photos
Michigander

2000-11-03          21196

Yes, both JD's included the loader. I had thought of just using the ballast box instead of loading the tires. Does anyone have an opinion on using the R4's in the lawn? Turf's are wider and softer but seems like you give up alot of "dig" when you are doing other things. ....

Price of NH TC35

View my Photos
Michigander

2000-11-17          21573

I think I have settled on a TC40D for $21K, FEL, Turf Tires, Hydro. JD 4500 only offered the Power Sync Reverser in its 40HP tractor. $3000 to go to the 4600 with hydro. Doesn't seem worth the bucks. ....

Price of NH TC35

View my Photos
Ed Henderson

2000-11-20          21637

I decided to order a TC40 with gear transmission, folding ROPS, 4WD, deluxe 3pt hitch, R4 tires loaded with calcium, and 16LA loader for $20,000. I decided to go with the TC40 due to the fact that alot of larger implements tend to specify 35HP PTO as a minimum. It should be delivered tomorrow. I can't wait!! For what its worth: I went with the local dealer even though his prices were about $500 higher. I felt it was worth it in the long run. Hope you enjoy yours! I'll let you know when mine gets here and I'll pass on my experience if you're interested. ....

Go Top Go Top

Share This
Share This

Member Login