Go Bottom Go Bottom

Boomer price search

View my Photos
ggman
TractorPoint Premium Member -- 5 Tractors = Very Frequent Poster

2000-10-28          20974

I am beginning my search for my first compact tractor...with a slight preference for what I've seen with the New Holland Boomers. Does anyone know if there is a way to search for best available price among dealers? I've seen different prices being posted from time to time....which I'm sure is dependent on how negotiable each dealer is. But how do I know if there is a better deal out there for me than what my local dealer in Indy can provide?

Reply to | Quote Post Reply to PostQuote Reply | Add PhotoAdd Photo

Boomer price search

View my Photos
DavidV

2000-10-29          20992

If you let us know what equipment you are considering we can probable give you an idea of what the dealers in each of our areas would be quoting.

DaveV ....

Boomer price search

View my Photos
ggman

2000-10-29          21014

I am looking at a TC25. Am building on 10 acres...need to bush hog approx 4 acres of pasture, plan to maintain a wildflower prairie on ~3 acres, and will end up with a < 1 acre lawn. The rest is wooded. At a minimum, need to bush hog/mow the 4 acres of pasture, need a blade for snow removal or driveway maintenance. Am debating if I need/want a finishing mower, a front-loader, and a tiller. For the tractor, don't know if I really need super steer, but suspect 4WD is a must. Appreciate feedback on the tractor at a minimum. ....

Boomer price search

View my Photos
Bird Senter

2000-10-29          21016

ggman, I own Kubota myself so maybe I'm not the best one to answer a New Holland question, but I have a cousin who owns a TC29D, and there have been a number of messages posted pro and con about the super steer. There are some who think it's great, and then some dealers have recommended against it "because it's just something else that can go wrong." I'd agree. If you think you are going to have to do some very sharp turning and just can't back up, then you might like it. I'd have no use for it. As far as just the tractor, the TC25 is a fine little machine, and yes, get the 4WD. And of course, if I were you, I'd get the front end loader at the same time I got the tractor. It's amazing how many things you can find to do around the place with one. I have both brush hog and finish mower, and tiller, but you can always get a 3-point finish mower and tiller later if you decide you want them, instead of buying them initially. Good luck with your shopping. ....

Boomer price search

View my Photos
Roger L.

2000-10-30          21024

I' with the majority here: a loader for sure, 4wd, power steering yes, supersteer no, twenty-five to thirty-five HP. I like gears....most like hydro. ....

Boomer price search

View my Photos
DavidV

2000-10-31          21050

ggman,

As far as I know there are not any price comparison websites around. Not able to help with the TC25 pricing but have a price on a TC33D from my dealer (who happens to have 3 in stock last I saw).

The TC25 or TC33 seems to be a good match for what you mentioned.

The FEL is a great tool, much more useful than any other implement I have.

Supersteer is a very nice option and is somewhat controversial. Yes, it is extra mechanical parts but has proven itself on the large AG units for years before being moved down to the Boomers. Love mine and the close manueverability I get when working in tight spaces. I am a little biased towards NH since I have a TC40D and would buy the same again.

DaveV ....

Boomer price search

View my Photos
DarylH

2000-10-31          21053

I just bought a NH 25D with super steer and could not be more satisfied. I have the 7308 loader and the NH 60" belly mower. Price was $19,250 including tax. This is such a nice machine that I find excuses to use it all the time. I have about 10 acers (some wooded) and I do not know how I ever got along with out it. Super steer is great and you will not be sorry if you deceide on a Boomer. ....

Boomer price search

View my Photos
Chris

2000-10-31          21057

if anyone is interested, I saw a 1999 TC25 with loader and box scraper with 85hours on it on Ebay. The starting bid is at 12,900 for the whole setup. That's a fair amount better than I paid for my TC25D new. ....

Boomer price search

View my Photos
Michigander

2000-11-01          21115

Just quoted $17500 for a TC29D hydro, turf tires and 7308 loader in Michigan. ....

Boomer price search

View my Photos
ggman

2000-11-01          21131

Got the following quote....good or bad:
TC25D, 4WD,Hydro,Live PTO, Power steering, Deluxe 3 pt hitch, industrial R4 tires for $15,400. 7308 FEL w/ 60" heavy duty bucket for $3,400. ....

Boomer price search

View my Photos
Bird Senter

2000-11-01          21136

ggman, $18,800 for the tractor and loader; no other implements, like a mower? Sure sounds steep to me. Last year, I gave $15,500 for my B2710 with loader and my cousin gave just over $21,000 for a TC29D with loader, post hole digger, brush hog, box blade, and tiller. ....

Boomer price search

View my Photos
tom

2000-11-02          21163

I bought a TC33D for $18,600 last spring with 7308 FEL, no SS, R4 tires and a bush hog. I have never driven a SS on anything but the lot, but I don't miss it. Most people will recommend putting the extra into horsepower which is the route I took. I definitely recommend the hydro, my other tractor is a Kubota that is gear and I don't get on it anymore (not that Kubota is a bad tractor, I don't like to shift when mowing or FEL work). I love the machine. I was helping a friend clear some land in a tight hollow with his old Ford 2400 last weekend that was gear and was exhausted by the end of the day from all the shifting. My wife has learned say "You need to take the tractor and..." to get my attention. ....

Boomer price search

View my Photos
ggman

2000-11-02          21171

When you all are getting good deals on a combo package....is it the result back-n-forth negotiations or does the dealer just offer their best price up front? ....

Boomer price search

View my Photos
Michigander

2000-11-02          21173

I don't know about everyone else's experience but the NH dealer has been much more conversational when discussing what unit I may want for what I'll use it for. The JD dealer(s) have been somewhat abrupt. From the first conversation with the NH sales guy, he was offering to drop one off for me to try out, etc. JD dealers never hinted at it. Even the JD dealer where I spent ten grand on a mower two years ago. Pricing has been close but it seems the NH dealer wants the business and will probably give better service. Anyone else having similar responses? ....

Boomer price search

View my Photos
DavidV

2000-11-03          21184

When shopping for a tractor we visited 3 JD dealers and 1 NH dealer. The NH dealer was friendlier, more helpful, and acted like he wanted my business (its nice to feel appreciated). The JD dealers were courteous but did not seem to put out the effort to get my business. Bought the NH.

The NH dealer has been great after the sale. When I needed oil and filters, they delivered them and they are 1.5 hours away. When we bought a toothbar, they delivered it. When I broke a power steering line they came out and replaced it free of charge.

DaveV ....

Boomer price search

View my Photos
tom

2000-11-03          21198

My experience was that I spent about 3 months looking at JD, Kubota and several NH dealers. I also spent a lot of time on this board looking at what people were saying about pricing. The dealer I last visited and bought from really did not haggle much and in the end threw in the bush hog for $500. But having talked to other dealers (I live in the Atlanta area and have access to many dealer of all brands) and knowing what the other people were saying, I knew the deal was good. It still took me 3 days to decide. Hope that helps. ....

Boomer price search

View my Photos
Jeff B

2000-11-03          21199

I had the same experience with dealers. The NH dealer seemed to want the business, the JD dealer was indifferent. I eventually went for the TC33D w/ deluxe hitch, filled R1s, and 7308 FEL w/ HD bucket for $18300. JD dealer wanted about $4000 more for a 4300 w/ the standard gear transmission. Loader was on top of that. - Jeff ....

Boomer price search

View my Photos
Randy Eckard

2000-11-06          21256

I just the opposite experience when I was looking. The New holland dealer only wanted to sell me a hydro and told me no one would mow with a gear transmission. The JD dealer was willing to work with what I wanted.
Randy ....

Go Top Go Top

Share This
Share This

Member Login