Go Bottom Go Bottom

TC48A OR KUBOTA M4800

View my Photos
NATHANI002
TractorPoint Premium Member -- 5 Tractors = Very Frequent Poster

2006-06-22          131209

I have just bought 42 acres and I am looking at tractors. I will be using the tractor for shreading, discing, and moving hay. I like the TC48, the controls are in the perfect places and it drives great. I like the M4800 and it feels like a bigger tractor. I have priced both of them, the TC48a, 4wd, r4 tires, with syn. shuttle trans and the 18la fel is $23,500. The M4800, 4wd, r4 tires, syn. shuttle trans, and a Bushhog fel is $22,500. Can anybody give any advice, is the $1000 worth it? I have seen alot of Kubota's that are old and still running. Has anybody had any problems with either of these tractors?
Thanks,

Reply to | Quote Post Reply to PostQuote Reply | Add PhotoAdd Photo

TC48A OR KUBOTA M4800

View my Photos
kthompson
TractorPoint Premium Member -- 5 Tractors = Very Frequent Poster  View my Photos  Pics

2006-06-22          131212

Nathan,

Are you dealing with the same dealer on these two? If not how do you feel about the dealers? Is the Kubota dealer worth the price difference to you either due to convience or attitude or stability (hard to know but important)? If either of these dealerships were to close or stopped with that brand how far is the next dealer?

Have you compared the specs on each machine. When I bought my first tractor that confirmed my selection.

I have orange but you tell how the NH fits you. Very important, if you don't like it, poor choice regardless of the quality. ....

TC48A OR KUBOTA M4800

View my Photos
Art White
TractorPoint Premium Member -- 5 Tractors = Very Frequent Poster  View my Photos  Pics

2006-06-22          131217

Let me count the differences! One is a larger compact tractor and the other is a small farm tractor. In the NH line the TN is more comparable to the M-series Kubota. ....

TC48A OR KUBOTA M4800

View my Photos
Chief

2006-06-22          131222

Have you taken a look at the John Deere 5105/5205? If you are limited to the M4800 or TC48A, I think I would go with the M4800. I agree with Art's comments. There is a big difference between a compact tractor and an agricultural utility tractor. ....

TC48A OR KUBOTA M4800

View my Photos
Murf

2006-06-22          131224

You don't say what else you plan on (might be?) doing with the tractor.

You can do a lot of chores easier with the right machine, I would suggest you consider all the things you might use the tractor for before you try to decide on one.

Is there a house now, or one to be built? Do you want to be able to cut grass with it, do construction, landscaping projects? Driveway maintenace, gardening maybe?

Basically, the CUT (compact Utility Tractor) is like a Swiss Army knife, it will do nearly anything, but it's a compromise on most things. A full-size Utility tractor on the other hand, is not as gracefull, but excels at brute force when required.

I would suggest you find a good reputable local dealer, and sit down with them, explain what you have, what you want to do, and what your land is like. Any dealer who is worth their salt will point you in the right direction as to size, hp, new or used, and which colour.

Then come back here for us to second guess him!! LOL!!

Best of luck. ....

TC48A OR KUBOTA M4800

View my Photos
kthompson

2006-06-22          131229

I failed to point out something that was coved by others here...the right dealership sales person is often the one who asks a ton of questions first. Maybe even to the point you think none of your business, Not who starts off with well this baby is only....

My opinion the right sales person could be worth at least that $1,000 but guess what I do...But the wrong tool (any kind of purchase for that matter) at any price is a bad buy. ....

TC48A OR KUBOTA M4800

View my Photos
NATHANI002

2006-06-23          131278

I have been concidering all of these things and also the $$$$. I like the small compact tractor for yard work and I think it will handle the 6' shreader and 6' disc. I have even looked toward the TC45 and MX5000. I can get one of these tractors with the empliments for the price of one of the bigger tractors. I only have 42 acres and half of that is pasture the rest is woods.
Both dealers are with in 30 miles. The NH dealer is very helpfull and asked alot of questions and told me I could do everything I wanted with the TC45. To me it just felt like a little tractor. He said yes but it will shock me with what it can do.

My father has a JD 4600 4wd with a fel and it moving a round bale of hay in the front end is all the tractor can handle. I have looked at the JD 5105 but the extra $3000 and the John Deere name is just not worth it. I also do not like how small the fenders are. I think it would be a dirty tractor to drive.

I want to look at a Massy, but I have heard nothing but bad things about there compact/utility tractors. I grew up with a Massy 235 and we did everything with that tractor.
I live in south Texas and I wish I could find a dealer that carried all of these so I could compare them all at once. ....

TC48A OR KUBOTA M4800

View my Photos
kthompson

2006-06-23          131282

Nathan,

I may be way off here but I believe you will find the MF 235 more in line hp size and weight with the Kubota M 4800 than the NH.

Weight is important in a lot of uses: in such as lawns too much hurts, but with towning and hanging a cutter off the side it is necessary. ....

TC48A OR KUBOTA M4800

View my Photos
oneace

2006-06-23          131317

One that you may want to check out is McCormick. For the size you are looking for they are a very nice tractor. They are not talked about too much here mainly because they are not a generally a compact tractor. Check out the GX and the GXH. These are powered by Yanmar Engines. Just another thought for you. ....

Link:   McCormick Compact.

TC48A OR KUBOTA M4800

View my Photos
oneace

2006-06-23          131318

Here is a list of the Dealers in Texas. ....

Link:   Texas dealers

TC48A OR KUBOTA M4800

View my Photos
Seth Bailey

2007-01-11          138678

The tc 45 will do what you need and more. The feel of the tc 45 is much better than others. It was laid out better also sloped hood makes it easier to see. You can not go wrong with this tractor.

Go Top Go Top

Share This
Share This

Member Login