Go Bottom Go Bottom

TC24DA price and use

View my Photos
Tl1000guy
TractorPoint Premium Member -- 5 Tractors = Very Frequent Poster

2006-04-04          127171

I know alot of the guys here like the bigger tractors but it seems like the TC24 might be big enough for me. I also like the fact that they are offering 60 month 0% financing. I will be using the tractor for some front loader work (moving rocks, pushing small stumps, etc) mowing fields, and doing some tilling for a garden. Here is the price I was given
This is for a 2006 TC24DA tractor, with the 60" belly mower, the 12LA loader w/ 54" bucket, R4 industrial tires, and rear wheel weights (4 of them). After all of the rebates and discounts it was $18,400.
We were also looking at 2000 TC33. It had 500 hrs on it and they were asking $14,500 for it. It had a FEL on it. So I would have to buy a mid mount mower for it at $2300. I also found out the old 7380 loader only had a weight rating of 900 lbs (the 12LA is 750). I also would have to do financing of 6.75% for 5 years.
It seemed to me that the TC24 was the better way to go. I know everyone says that this is a good dealership, so that is important, too. I just wanted to see what you guys thought of the price and the type of work I will be doing. If you think another tractor would be better, brand or model wise, please say so.
Thanks for all the help.

Reply to | Quote Post Reply to PostQuote Reply | Add PhotoAdd Photo

TC24DA price and use

View my Photos
Tl1000guy

2006-04-05          127268

Is anybody out there? Wow, a few days and no replies. Did I not give enough info, or.....? Thanks. ....

TC24DA price and use

View my Photos
dkheckmanl

2006-04-06          127324

Sounds a little high to me. I bought the same model with loader but without mower two years ago for $14,000. If you throw in the mower for $2000. or so you are looking around 16,000 to 16,500. Maybe prices have gone up that much? ....

TC24DA price and use

View my Photos
zigmondo

2006-04-11          127574

TC24DA price and use

View my Photos
earthwrks
TractorPoint Premium Member -- 5 Tractors = Very Frequent Poster  View my Photos  Pics

2006-04-12          127613

In 2002 I paid $13,500 out the door for my new 2002 TC33D--no loader though. ....

TC24DA price and use

View my Photos
Tl1000guy

2006-04-13          127680

Well I changed my mind. I am going with a TC33. I figured I am going with a bigger tractor since I am going to be doing some heavy duty loader work in the beginning. I got it for $21K out the door. That was with a front end loader and 60" mid mount mower. Thanks for the help guys. ....

TC24DA price and use

View my Photos
brokenarrow

2006-04-26          128399

Now your talking! for that little bit of price difference you cant go wrong! Besides, you look cooler on that one.
Nevere under size your self! Although I have never done that (thanks to this board) I am very very happy with the size I got and so far have not met its match for the work I use it for! ....

TC24DA price and use

View my Photos
earthwrks
TractorPoint Premium Member -- 5 Tractors = Very Frequent Poster  View my Photos  Pics

2006-04-27          128409

errrr? "Heavy-duty loader work". Don't even think of it. This series CUT is not designed or built for that type of work. You'll end up bending (mangling really) the bucket, not to mention you just plain won't be able to do it; not being heavy enough which prevents traction, being one. And the loader doesn't have enough down presssure to be effective for any type of real-world digging (I test drove a 33D with a loader and it couldn't even lift its front end off the ground even with a ballast box on the rear) If you're doing light-duty work that's fine like moving sand, pre-loosened dirt (by another machine) or mulch, or moving firewood. If you have to do some heavy-duty loader work do yourself and the CUT a favor and rent a backhoe or big skidsteer, or hire it out. You'll be glad you did. ....

TC24DA price and use

View my Photos
ncrunch32

2006-04-27          128414

Wow, a TC33 couldn't lift the front end off the ground with it's loader? This is effortless for me with the JD4310, 430 loader. Isn't the TC33 a 33HP tractor? DO I have something wrong here? ....

TC24DA price and use

View my Photos
earthwrks

2006-04-27          128443

Crunch: You didn't miss anything! Yup it's 33hp (gross)! It couldn't lift itself off the ground for one basic reason in my opinion: the size of the lift cylinders' rods. The cylinder rods are very stout--so stout that they offer very little retraction power as the rod literally fills up the inside of the cylinder (this type of cylinder is typical on what is found on a snow plow where push is more important than pull). All cylinders are rated for a higher push than retraction as there is more surface area against the piston on the push side. On the retraction side you have to subtract the area of the piston rod which in this case is significant. Hypothetically speaking (I don't know the actual numbers on the NH loader) but here's a guess: a cylinder on the push side has a square inch area of 3.5in. x 2000psi = 7500lb. force. The rod side has only 1.75 sq. in. and offers only 3500lb. of pull due to the area of the rod. ....

TC24DA price and use

View my Photos
Tl1000guy

2006-04-27          128445

earthwrks,
while I do appreciate your opinion, it is totally incorrect with reagards to the loader not lifting the front end. You may have run into a bad tractor, or something, but my 33 lifts the front end with ease. I don't even have a ballast box, I have the tire weights. As a matter of fact that was how I was told to remove the belly mower. You are correct that this is not for doing major ground removal. I don't think any of the compact tractors are really built for that. If you have major ground removal you are better of renting a dozer, or paying someone. It can however push large boulders out of the ground, move tons of stone with ease, remove old satelite and antenna poles out of the ground like nothing, and do most anything most people would want to do. If I bought the 24 I would have been able to do most of these things but it would have been much harder on the tractor and bucket. This series is much heavier duty than the TC24.
This was not ment as an attack eartwrks, just wanted to clear up that this tractor definitley has a little more umph than what you ran into. So far, it's been a pleasure working with it. Thanks for all your replies guys! ....

TC24DA price and use

View my Photos
earthwrks

2006-04-27          128449

Guy: Well, I knows what I saws. I even spoke to the dealership about it and their response was sort of duh--what do you expect--they all do it. But you may be right, might have been a bad one. In any event I stand by comment that they are not made for heavy-duty work. ....

TC24DA price and use

View my Photos
ncrunch32

2006-04-27          128451

TI1000, that's what I would have expected from a 33HP CUT. I use mine to dig and move boulders also, rip 6-8' spruce trees out and transplant, etc. You have a great machine - have fun! ....

TC24DA price and use

View my Photos
SG8NUC

2006-04-27          128453

I thought the fel was a jack to change tires. ....

TC24DA price and use

View my Photos
earthwrks

2006-04-28          128466

SG8: You funny guy! FYI: Fordson tractors back in the early 40's had a factory-option for their 9N's for changing tires and adjusting the tracking width that consisted of basically two "kickstands" connected by a chain that lifted the tractor evenly by raising the 3-pt hitch. ....

Go Top Go Top

Share This
Share This

Member Login