Go Bottom Go Bottom

Price checks and experience TZ18 and 25DA TC24DA

View my Photos
MackVision
TractorPoint Premium Member -- 5 Tractors = Very Frequent Poster  View my Photos  Pics

2005-12-04          120372

I had previously posted here a while back and was in the hunt for a tc33, but due to an older home needing attention, that will be cutting into the budget, therefore was not able to make a move, therefore as well I have decided since we might be moving in the future that I will need to go smaller. There are 2 dealers that I am working with on the tractors in the subject header; He advised me since he wants to move the TZ18's he has in stock, he would make me a real good deal. He said that he would move the unit with FEL (10la) and 60" mmm for right around 10,000-11,000. Is this a good price as equipped??
I told him that I was nervous about the power of the 18, he said that it would be able to mow 3.5 acres, fel dirt, mulch, and snow, along with playing in the woods with no problem. The power is what concerns me, he told me a TZ 25 w/ same equipment would be around 14,000.
Different dealer still has a left over TC24DA with 9*3 gear trans, fel and 60" mmm on the lot gave me pricing as such:
tractor: 10765.00
FEL: 12LA quick attach 3999.00
MMM 60" 914a 2190.00
NH discounts totalling 680.00, tax at 6.0%
Grand total 17356.44
NH discounts total of 271.00 plus tax
grand total of 15662.56

So there it is....I know I would like the height of the TC, but am spoiled already with hydro rather than gear
TZ owners, please let me know your experience and reliability so far, as well as your uses....I know that the 24 would handle all that I can throw at it.
This same message will be posted on another site....

Thanks for all your help in advance....The 33 would have been great, but size would have lead to sale in the future...I'm buying for keeps here!!!

Reply to | Quote Post Reply to PostQuote Reply | Add PhotoAdd Photo

View my Photos
Chief
TractorPoint Premium Member -- 5 Tractors = Very Frequent Poster  View my Photos  Pics

2005-12-04          120375

The price of the FEL seems high. I would expect $750 or more less on that item. The rest seems within reason. For 5.5 acres that should be plenty of tractor. It is never going to have the capacities of the TC33 but should meet your needs. The key question here is you be satisfied with the TZ? ....

View my Photos
Peters

2005-12-04          120376

Did you price the TC30's? I could get here one for a similar price to the TC24. Personally I would not go as small as the TZ18 it limits the attachments you can run. ....

View my Photos
MackVision

2005-12-04          120380

I asked about the TC30, and he said around 19000.00 with 7308 loader.....where he is at on the TC 24 is my limit. For as much as I am paying for what ever unit I go with, I want some of the creature comforts that the 30 doesnt have, such as cruise for my drive to the filling station and mowing my field which will be once a week (hopefully). Mostly, I like the lighting on the new design which will be very beneficial for me when I have to mow late....(work long days) and some weekends....so yeah...he was 2000.00 higher on the 30 over the 24
And on the price seeming high on the loader, which loader, the 10 or the 12??

Thanks again, and yeah....youre right, would I be happy with the 18?? not sure!! The only other implement I can think that I would run would be a tiller....then again I could be saying this prematurely once my brain starts realizing all the things I can ?!?!? Right??

Thanks again! ....

View my Photos
Boomer1
TractorPoint Premium Member -- 5 Tractors = Very Frequent Poster

2005-12-04          120389

With that many acres the 33 is the way to go. Look for a good used machine with 100 to 200 hours. I have seen these tractors with FEL and MMM sell for $14500 to $16000 in very nice condition. Check Ebay and heavy industry classifieds. ....

View my Photos
Boomer1

2005-12-04          120391

Apple Farm service in Ohio has a TC33D with 7308 Loader and 72" MMM. applefarmservice.com 866-220-3246. My dad has one of the smaller tractors and he likes my 33 much better. ....

View my Photos
Boomer1

2005-12-04          120393

2004 TC33DA, 70 Hours HST with 14 LA loader and 914 a MMM $17000. This one is off of tractor house.com ....

View my Photos
Peters

2005-12-04          120396

The TC-30 is the same price as the TC-24 here $10,800. I would not be afraid of a used NH tractor.
Another option would be to look at a Korean Kioti etc. The CK-25 would likely be less than the TC-24 and provide the creature comforts.
I had a 19 HP tractor and found the lack of power limiting. ....

View my Photos
kyvette

2005-12-06          120501

MackVision, I have a TZ24DA I purchased in June 2004 for $10.5K with 60"MMM. I now have about 130 hours and have been pleased with the tractor.

I have found the tractor is not wanting for power but due to its light weight (1300lbs) you are limited on what you can do. I have a 48" box blade and cut in a driveway using the TZ24. I had to take smaller cuts due the the lack of tractor weight. I am sure after market weights would have helped.

The tractor does an excellent job of mowing, which is my primary use. The HST is great and the tractor is easy for the wife to use.

With a FEL you will need a box blade or some type of additional weight on the rear.

I haven't used the rear PTO, I believe its rated at 19.5HP. This spring I will give it a workout as I have access to a 3ph mounted tiller.

Dave ....

View my Photos
wr5evk8jj

2005-12-06          120528

I am quite pleased with my Case IH DX24E, which is the red version of the NH TZ24DA. It may take a bit longer to do things because of the smaller size, but it does everything that I want it to do. But, maybe taking a bit longer is OK sometimes. Plus, it surely does not take up all that much space in the garage. I have about 35 hours on mine.

I am doing my own excavation terracing out parts of the slight hill that we live on making a somewhat level grassed area for the kids to play their sports (e.g.: soccer, cricket, “chasey,” etc.). There is another area to the downslope side of the driveway getting fill dirt being trucked in. The excavation and the leveling are being done with a 48 inch box scraper. I definitely have to be in 4-wheel drive using the box scraper. And there are times that I really do get a bit more aggressive with the box scraper where it takes in more than I can handle as the tractor will start to spin-out with all four wheels churning. It is the most enjoyable experience that I have had in many years learning just what angle to set the box scraper at with or without any down force. The FEL does make a great counterweight to the box scraper. I did find shortly after using the box scraper that the MMM had to come off; it was acting more as a plow at times. At 60 inch width, there was a bit of overhang when working along a hill with a 48 inch wide box scraper. I have thought about getting weights for the rear, but have not really had a pressing need since the box scraper is usually on lately.

The tiller has done a wonderful job tilling the vast majority of two acres. And it did not take that long to do either. Maybe it was the soil and the moisture content, maybe the tiller, or a combination of all, but it was really much quicker than I expected. It just flat got into it. The tilling was in preparation for seeding with native grass around the outside of the property. The emergent weeds had been killed-off twice before the tilling. The seed was put in too late; some took, but most was washed away with an intense storm's torrential rain one afternoon about 7 days after it was planted. I will be going through the process again in the spring killing-off the weeds, tilling again, and then replanting the native grass.

The FEL is great too. Have used it some, mostly for moving dirt and other landscape materials around. I tend to do a bit of scoops and back-drags with the FEL getting the huge mounds of dirt left by the dump truck when the fill dirt is brought in.

Between now and the mid-March time frame, I am really looking forward to some more seat time completing the kids’ grassed area preparation, doing some more leveling of the area being filled-in along the driveway. Mid-March should have me out there with the sprayer followed with the tiller. It’s a great little tool. Seat time is the best therapy that one could have. ....

View my Photos
MackVision

2005-12-07          120627

Thank you all for your input so far from everyone. To reply in general to some of the input:
If I had that much cash lying around, I would certainly consider used, however I will need to finance and NH rates are pretty good. I am not going to borrow against my house for this, as per I will only do that for improvement projects...(i.e. roof, redoing rooms...so on). Some used prices are good, many I have found are not. For instance, I found a 2001 TC18 hydro, with 54" MMM, and FEL, cant remember the hours, but looked to have sat outside for its life per faded paint and large dent in the top of the hood, and they were still asking $11000.00 for a unit of this age and condition and HP.
Boomer, the 33's you found were priced well, just cant buy outright though, thanks for the research!!
I thank those of you who explained the uses for your machines and your land; wr5evk8j, your uses that you are using the DX for are exactly what I will be doing..no joke, tilling, and planing a slight noll in the back yard, and that might only be a half acre to one acre...not much! Great pics of you in action as well, very helpful.
On another note, I went back out to the dealer and tried out the Gear drive TC24. Not a bad unit, didnt mind the gear drive till I engaged the blades on the MMM. Being Live PTO, meaing that every time that you stepped in on the clutch, that disengaged the blades as well as stopping the tractor! This will be a nusiance when cutting grass in some somewhat tighter areas where reversing and forwarding are going to be done. That is the only factor holding me out, besides the when I went to talk turkey about the price, and really try to negotiate, dealer only came down 300 bucks off of total price to (17056.00) that is out the door FEL MMM tractor.

(see first post for price break down on TC24DA).

Looked at Kubota BX's and I dont believe I will go that route for several reasons that I noticed, those of which I will keep to myself not to offend any Kub owners here. Thats not how I play ball. I will try getting to my areas only Kioti dealer around here and see what those are about. Thus far I am very impressed with NH engineering and ergonomics of these compact and sub-compact units....
I will keep you all posted. Hopefully will have an order in by next...or just before Christmas! ....

View my Photos
Greg

2005-12-10          120818

Hi, just wanted to let you know our experiences with theTZ25 HST with bucket. It just left home again for the third time in 6 weeks for the same problem hydraulic fluid leak )what a mess). We have had it 6 months (purchased new) It has a 60 " deck and mows great but we are getting very frustrated with the service all I hear from my husband lately is we should have bought the Kubota!! The seat broke and warranty is fixing it but it has been 3 weeks waiting for the part. it dents and scratches really easy.

When they picked it up this time we got a replacement TC26
we will try it out while we are waiting It actually looks like a tractor .

If you want a glorified lawn mower go with the TZ. This was the first brand new item we have ever had and so far it has not been a good experience. We has a 1985 Massey 1020 and never had a problem with it. Go with the TC you will be much happier.

Good Luck ....

View my Photos
MackVision

2005-12-11          120849

I understand....this will be the only thing of larger $$$ that I am looking to purchase new, so it is crucial that I get what will be best. I like the 24 overall but cant come to $$$ agreement with the dealer. He is a good dealer too. I considered the kubota, but will not be going with it. Saw a few engineering things that makes them a little less expensive than their blue counterparts, but not enough $$$ to make me go orange. Their are 3 dealers that I will go with that are good, and the others I have ruled out. The other benefit of me going blue is that there are numerous NH dealers here in NE Ohio. One JD dealer which is right down the road, 2 Masseys, and 2 Kubota, one of which I wont spend a dime at.
I looked at a Kioti CK20 and not for me. It is a Kubota powered Korean tractor and only one dealer around here for them. Their primary business is equipment for golf courses, not tractors which means parts would be a pain, whereas NH, one of them would have to have a part if I choose to fix myself and not warrant. Never thought of the parts aspect till reading this last post! Thanks, as well as your experience with your TZ....later for now

View my Photos
Peters

2005-12-11          120855

Kioti is not a Korean Kubota. Kioti predates Kubota in the tractor business and the are their own engine designs. They set up new dealer network a few years back and claim that parts are available overnight. If you want more you can check the Daedong site.
As people on this site know I am not a dealer just a SAE engineer. ....

Link:   Daedong

View my Photos
kyvette

2005-12-14          121034

MackVision, I too had a hydraulic leak on a hose that routed beneath the tractor. It leaked on top of the mower deck. I took the tractor to the dealer for the 50hr service and the leak was a warranty repair. I believe the problem was a blown seal.

He kept the tractor for about 10 days. This was the first of December '04 and I told him I wasn't in a hurry to get it back. Now a year later I haven't had any problems or repairs with the tractor. Dave ....

View my Photos
MackVision

2005-12-14          121070

Hmmmmmm..As goes for the reply on the Kioti's you would be correct on them being Daedong! Therefore the dealer gave me bad info. Oh well...no biggie.....I wont be going with them. It will be blue...waiting on a quote from another dealer, hopefully will have all said and done by Christmas.....we will see..... ....

View my Photos
mcos38

2006-02-15          124566

I'm in the same boat as you are,so I feel your pain.I just got a quote on a TZ25 w/fel and 5ft woods finish mower for 14225.00 hoping I can hold out for a bigger used tractor but have to get to get something before the grass grows.If you get one let me know what you think of it. ....

View my Photos
Art White

2006-02-15          124579

Most all of the tractor compaines have different chassis sizes for different horsepower groupings. A TZ is not of the same structure as of a TC no different of the DX version vs the DZ in Case-IH or the B and the L-series in Kubota! Some companies go by numbers and some by letters. A larger horsepower small chassis always is more aggressive on PTO work or light loader work then a low horsepower larger chassis as the weight consumes horsepower. ....

Go Top Go Top

Share This
Share This

Member Login