Go Bottom Go Bottom

transmission oil for Long 350

View my Photos
bewoodyjr
TractorPoint Premium Member -- 5 Tractors = Very Frequent Poster

2012-02-28          182596

I bought a reproduction manual for my Long 350. It says the transmission uses 20w40 API oil (17 qts.). Is this regular engine oil, and where can I find it? Can 15w40 be safely used (it is more readily available here), or is there a better substitute that I can use? Thanks for the help.

Reply to | Quote Post Reply to PostQuote Reply | Add PhotoAdd Photo

View my Photos
hardwood

2012-02-29          182602

I don't have a Long or know their requirements but engine oil in a transmission/hydraulic systen doesn't seem right.
Engines and transmissions may use the same base oil stock but will have a different additive package. If you don't have a Long dealership that can help I'd check with a major brand oil jobber like a Chevron outlet that handles their full range of lubticants. they usually have a person on staff who can get that information for you.

Frank. ....

View my Photos
46bugs

2013-02-05          186143

Engine oil for a diesel engine is 15-40 and the transmission oil is 70 to 90 weights,you can get that oil at any tractor supply,or a co-op or any tractor store.DON'Y PUT ENGINE OIL IN YOUR TRANSMISSION.I use mobil oil. ....

View my Photos
bewoodyjr

2013-02-05          186146

Thanks to both of you for your imput. I ended up buying a transmission/hydraulic oil from tractor supply that is designed for older tractors, and so far it seems to be doing the job. It was definitly confusing to read about a product that you can't find anymore, and not be sure as to what to use in it's place. Some other Long tractor owners on other forums gave me the head's up on the fluid from tractor supply. Thanks to all of you for you help. ....

View my Photos
46bugs

2013-02-05          186148

You can still get parts in North Carolina from Joe Tractor -336-885-4582 many parts you can get at advance auto,or O'reillys any other parts stores.
I have a 2360 and have had very little problems and parts are easy to get.
The Paint ,I did repaint mine,and Joe Tractor told me that the Ford Blue works just fine and is about the same as Long.
That is what I am doing now,with a ford Blue and a shiney Black. ....

View my Photos
Inducnito
TractorPoint Premium Member -- 5 Tractors = Very Frequent Poster  View my Photos  Pics

2013-02-05          186151

Not to threadjack, but I'd be interested in your procedure for painting your tractor. I have a Long 460, not pretty but seems to work well. Front grill is a little dented, rest of metal is good. Wheels have surface rust. Engine does not seem to have any paint. Thanks ....

View my Photos
46bugs

2013-02-05          186152

Mine is a 2360 Long Trac and it has a black grill with Blue bottom,and Front sides are black while the rear part of the sides are blue,,I painted the Bumper Blue also, fenders I am still working on them ,sanding The engines,tranmission and read end does not need painting, it was keep in a shed that has 3 opening and the weather got to it,mine is a 2001 model.But sand the metal prime it then paint.
I think a 360 has a white grill.
You might google,ask for picture a 360 long tractor,and it will give you the colors..
But I used a Ford Blue and a Shiney Black.and while taking the steering wheel off,I broke it so I bought a new one from ebay.,Oh and the dash were the gauges are I painted black, under that will be painted blue. ....

View my Photos
46bugs

2013-02-05          186153

Also Joe Tractor may have a new grill for the 360 be worth a call it you want to clean up the 360
His Number is 336-885-4582 He is in North Carolina ....

View my Photos
46bugs

2013-02-05          186154

Go to this link, for a picture of a 360 Long Tractor.

http://www.tractordata.com/farm-tractors/005/8/1/5813-long-360-photos.html

or go to tractordata.com look for a long tractor find number of tractor and the picture should come up.. ....

View my Photos
Inducnito
TractorPoint Premium Member -- 5 Tractors = Very Frequent Poster  View my Photos  Pics

2013-02-05          186155

Thanks, I'll start a new thread on this one ....

View my Photos
nathanlann

2013-02-15          186200

Hello my name is Nathan i work for a company that operates a web site called LongParts.com and I am also a tech adviser on parts and repair of the long tractor you can also call our toll-free Number at 1(888)506-2190 The transmission fluid is a Universal tractor Hydraulic fluid. ....

View my Photos
bewoodyjr

2013-02-16          186202

Thanks for the info. I do believe I did use Universal tractor hydraulic fluid for older tractors from Tractor Supply Co. It seems to be doing fine so far. No problems with lift, transmission, etc. Thanks also for the contact info. Will remember it when needing parts or advice. ....

Go Top Go Top

Share This
Share This

Member Login