Go Bottom Go Bottom

price check for York rake

View my Photos
Norm
TractorPoint Premium Member -- 5 Tractors = Very Frequent Poster

2001-05-28          28677

I just got price from a dealer for a 5' York rake (York brand). Come with wheels and integral grader blade. He quoted me $1,050. Is this a good, or at least reasonable, price for this? I don't have a lot of use for this, i.e. not commercial, but I will be putting in a lawn and will be maintaining a gravel drive in the future. Is this the best bang for the buck or is it overkill? thanks - Norm

Reply to | Quote Post Reply to PostQuote Reply | Add PhotoAdd Photo

View my Photos
Art White
TractorPoint Premium Member -- 5 Tractors = Very Frequent Poster  View my Photos  Pics

2001-05-30          28766

Norm why only a 5'? When it is angled will it cover the width of the tractor? They will only pull the weight of the York rake themselves so look for the heaviest you can pull. ....

View my Photos
Norm

2001-05-30          28773

Art - the reasoning behind 5' is the width of the jd755 that it will be pulled with. But you raise a good point about the width when angled. How much is a rake normally angled? If 45 deg. then I guess I should go with a 6' which will have a projection of 51". Would the 6' be too wide when using it square? ....

View my Photos
Art White
TractorPoint Premium Member -- 5 Tractors = Very Frequent Poster  View my Photos  Pics

2001-05-30          28779

Norm I would deffintly be looking at a minumum of 6' for that tractor. A little time with you with the 5' and you would too. Even to move a windrow over you would want a 6' minumum. I rent 5' tow behind's for behind cadet garden tractors. ....

View my Photos
JeffM

2001-05-31          28828

Norm, I'm with Art on this. Minimum 6 foot rake for your 755. I was going to buy a 6 foot rake for my 4400 and everybody talked me into a 7 footer. They were right. I paid 1150 for a medium-duty 84" Woods rake (LR-107) with gauge wheels. Search under "rake" on this board for some more info I posted a couple months ago. ....

View my Photos
David LaBrie

2001-06-01          28848

What would be the best size rake for a Kubota 30HP B2910? Its main use would be grading a 1/2 mile driveway. ....

View my Photos
JeffM

2001-06-01          28853

David, I would probably get a 72" rake for a 2910, but I'm sure it could handle a 84" also. ....

View my Photos
Chief

2003-05-06          54415

Norm, I bought a Land Pride 1584 Landscaping rake for $650 when I got my 4410. It is very well built and does a great job. You can get wheel & grading attachments for it is you prefer but I have had great results with it plain mounted to the 3 pt. hitch. ....

View my Photos
sbremm

2004-03-04          78832

I paid $1299 for my Woods LR107-2 84" rake with gauge wheels for my L3130. I would highly recommend a Woods medium duty rake. Not cheap, but very high quality.

Stephen ....

View my Photos
hardwood

2004-03-05          78852

Cheif, I've been looking at a Land Pride 1584 for the 4410, and just wanted your thoughts on how it would handle the two main things I'd use it for. The first would be leveling one and two inch crushed rock in driveways, farmyards, etc.. The second would be to rake together grapefruit size field stones that we bring up during deep tillage in some gravel subsoil aerias we have. Thanks, Frank. ....

View my Photos
Chief

2004-03-05          78907

Hardwood, the Land Pride 1584 rake is a lot heavier than most but it does well with the driveway and evening out the gravel. 2" gravel is tough for anything to move around once it is packed down and should not need much tending to. The rake can move and even it up pretty well provided it is not packed down. I have 2" gravel at the bottom of the hill of my driveway in a turnaround. It is packed down pretty good but I was able to spread it out last season even though it was packed down. It should handle the field stones pretty well provide you don't go too far overboard with respect to size and number volume. Much bigger than large grapefruit size and the weight will begin to flex the combs more than should be. I am VERY satisfied with mine. I just wish they did not cost so much. I guess that can be said about many tractor related items. ;o) ....

View my Photos
Blueman

2004-03-05          78912

I have a 2 year old Befco rake, 6', behind my TC45D. I wish it was a 7'. The original owner paid $475 for it, and I maintain a 600' stone drive with it, and it works great. If all you are doing is maintaining a drive, and occassional lawn work, I don't know that you need to spend alot on a rake. Gauge wheels might be nice, might help you to crown the drive a bit. ....

View my Photos
Blueman

2004-03-05          78913

I meant to add the web site:
http://www.befco.com/products/groundengage/landscaperake.html ....

View my Photos
Ducati996

2004-03-07          79109

I recently purchased from our sponser here : Corriher
a 5ft rake with offset and tilt..its a solid unit and is real heavy for a rake (close to 300 lbs) its a midwest unit from the looks of it. Look on their Ebay links for the prices...also picked up their core aerator 48", thats even heavier...but I'm young, drink lots of milk, healthy as a horse, and use a weight belt moving these things !! (hehe)
Very happy with the prices and quality...

Duc ....

View my Photos
hardwood

2004-03-07          79121

Cheif, thanks for the info on the 1584 rake. I had some 1 in. rock delivered a few days ago, and the dealer has offered to let me demo one this coming week. It sounds like you're real happy with yours, so I'm sure I'll buy it. I have several other pieces of Land Pride equipment that have all been top quality. The dealer also now handles Frontier brand that offers a rake too. Is Frontier owned by Deere? I've noticed several pieces of Frontier on their lot, but haven't taken the time to look at them. Thanks, Frank. ....

Go Top Go Top

Share This
Share This

Member Login