Go Bottom Go Bottom

Grass catcher

View my Photos
grinder
TractorPoint Premium Member -- 5 Tractors = Very Frequent Poster  View my Photos  Pics

2004-10-18          98607

Thinking about a bagger for my 7500. Any feedback on the ability to pick up leaves?
costs? I have a 60" MMM.
Thanks
registered independent,

Reply to | Quote Post Reply to PostQuote Reply | Add PhotoAdd Photo

Grass catcher

View my Photos
kubotaguy
TractorPoint Premium Member -- 5 Tractors = Very Frequent Poster

2004-10-18          98611

When I was looking at the 7500, I priced a grass catcher and if my memory serves me correct, they quoted me a price of like $1,900. I decided against that as I good get one of those large lawn vacs for half that price. ....

Grass catcher

View my Photos
Art White
TractorPoint Premium Member -- 5 Tractors = Very Frequent Poster  View my Photos  Pics

2004-10-18          98614

I think that the Kubota units are great but. I prefer the tow behinds as an investment as you only need to buy a new chute if you swap tractors. I prefer the trailers that are flaired and four inches wider in the rear for easy dumping without having to climb into it if the leaves are wet. I normally recommend to cut in all tight areas first and go around the tree's once with out the tow unit and then come back with it attached. To have the mounted unit attached to the tractor also might hinder negotiating some of the lawn and hinders rear visibility. Trac-Vac's my favorite unit. ....

Grass catcher

View my Photos
lbrown59

2004-10-18          98615

I have the biggest Grass catcher you can get;the lawn. ....

Grass catcher

View my Photos
BUSTMUP

2004-10-20          98791

I purchased a Trac-Vac 880 for my 60" MMM. The 880 has a seperate 8HP motor and 50 cu. ft/42 bushel capacity. It does an awsome job and is very easy to dump. ....

Grass catcher

View my Photos
BigJimB

2004-10-20          98818

I purchased the Kubota catcher for my BX2230 and have been very happy with it. It does not clog and I do not have to get off the tractor to start another engine when I get back from dumping the grass & leaves in the field. When I get back to the lawn, just kick in the PTO at the same time i start the mower. They are expensive, (for what it cost I could have purchased a Sears riding mower with a rear bagger) but the one on my Kubota is so much more powerful and does not get clogged up, I am very happy with it.
I do see what Art is saying about getting one on a trailer, it would be easier to hook up and would fit future tractors.
I did not consider it when I bought my unit, I would find out if they get clogged easier because of the longer distance you move the material before it gets to the vacumn and how tight turns affect their ability to pick up. ....

Grass catcher

View my Photos
BUSTMUP

2004-10-21          98960

My TracVAc 880 pull behind has close to 4.5 times more capacity than the Kubota grass catcher. It has a 8" intake/exhaust and 8" hose that never clogs. It has a steel blower assy. and 1/4" eight blade impeller vs the polyethylene impeller and blower assy found on the Kubota.

I spend less time dumping and there are no bags to mess with. Just back the trailer up, remove the rear door, release the tilt handle and pull away. The material slides right out and it only takes several minutes.

If you have a lot of leaves to collect, get the pull behind. I paid $2300 and it's worth every penny.

Grass catcher

View my Photos
BigJimB

2004-10-21          98977

Sounds like a pull behind trailer unit is the way to go ....

Grass catcher

View my Photos
BigJimB

2004-10-21          98978

Sounds like a pull behind trailer unit is the way to go ....

Grass catcher

View my Photos
Longhair

2004-10-29          99446

Try a Steiner tow behind>It's ground driven it chops the debris and packs it into the hopper.It holds more than a vacumn unit ....

Grass catcher

View my Photos
grinder

2004-10-29          99447

Longhair
Did you mean a tow behind sweeper? I found one on Steiner's web site. Have you used one? They list them at $3000.ouch! ....

Grass catcher

View my Photos
Longhair

2004-10-29          99482

That's the one $2200 at dealer but well worth it.The $1000 units at Home Depot are no comparison ....

Go Top Go Top

Share This
Share This

Member Login