Go Bottom Go Bottom

B2410 lurch in hydro trans when starting out in high

View my Photos
Jim McDermott
TractorPoint Premium Member -- 5 Tractors = Very Frequent Poster

2004-10-02          97529

I have a b2410 hydro. when I start out in high the tractor starts to move than seems to lurch or jerk like something lock in in the transmission. It does this at any rpm but the higer the rpm the stronger the jerk. Almost like a very firm shifting automatic transmission shifting. If I'm in the grass and start out in high you can here the trans whine a little like its under a load then it will jerk or lurch as you start out. No matter how easy I try to start out in high it almost always has the same jerk. Some times in low under a load it might jerk a little but I normally don't notice it in low. Has anyone experenced something similar?

Reply to | Quote Post Reply to PostQuote Reply | Add PhotoAdd Photo

View my Photos
cthonestguy

2004-10-02          97555

when was the last time you changed the fluid and filter? sometimes it will act up if there is old fluid and a dirty filter. If it's been a while and over due I'd start there. ....

View my Photos
JimMcD

2004-10-03          97565

My tractor has 110 hrs. I changed the fluid and filters at 50 hrs. I didn't clean the strainer though. I asked the Kubota dealer if I should clean the strainer at the time I did the 50 hr. service and was told it should be done at 300 hrs. The manual says the same thing. I had the lurch before I changed the fluids and filters and still had it after changing them. I have thought that the power steering doesn't seem a strong as when new, and when I first start the tractor and try to lift the fel. with in a second or two it seems to be jerky as though there is air in the lines. Does the trans.,power steering and loader run off the same pump or or does the trans have its own pump? ....

View my Photos
TomG

2004-10-03          97567

I can't say how a 2410 is set up, but most newer compacts would have separate pumps for the TX, hydraulics and power steering. I think I'd check the screen. There are stories of tractors where the screens were nearly clogged at 50-hour services.

I wonder if the jerking happens at both high and low rpm's? I also wonder if the tractor is carrying heavy loads or going up steep hills when it happens? ....

View my Photos
Chief
TractorPoint Premium Member -- 5 Tractors = Very Frequent Poster  View my Photos  Pics

2004-10-03          97572

I agree with Tom. Pull the screen. I bet you will find it covered with debry impeding oil flow. ....

View my Photos
JimMcD

2004-10-03          97574

Tom, The jerk is at any rpm, but the higher the rpm the stromger the jerk. It does it mostly in high. I cam be on level ground under no load on the drive and try to start out as slow a I can and it will still jerk when I start out. In low it has to be under when it jerks. ....

View my Photos
TomG

2004-10-04          97610

Assuming the oil level is OK, you might check if the oil is frothy after some operation and inspect the suction line for leaks and loose clamps.

I'm having trouble theorizing the about the problem is I assume the TX, loader and maybe PS all have problems that result from the same cause. The oil itself is about the only common element on most tractors.

For the TX I'm assuming that starting out' means increasing the speed pedal. I've never operated a HST. However, I am thinking that the description sounds a bit like a relief valve. A squeal or whine might be the HST relief opening under initial load and the lurching could be the relief closing after the initial load has reduced. If that were the case it would be greater in high range and under heavy loads. It's just theory though. ....

View my Photos
cthonestguy

2004-10-04          97611

Are you still under warranty? ....

View my Photos
Art White
TractorPoint Premium Member -- 5 Tractors = Very Frequent Poster  View my Photos  Pics

2004-10-04          97616

You do have a problem and I doubt that the strainer will help but it might as it sounds like all pumps are having trouble but it is unlikely. It would take a minute or two with the tractor but you have several things going on if the hydraulics of the tractor are also goofed up as well as the hydro. ....

View my Photos
AV8R

2004-10-04          97618

Jim, Please don't take this as an insult, but is your parking break released? ....

View my Photos
DRankin

2004-10-05          97702

Sounds to me like the linkage needs to be adjusted. ....

View my Photos
JimMcD

2004-10-05          97738

The parking brake isn't set. It won't move if I set the brake. Thanks for the thought. ....

View my Photos
JimMcD

2004-10-05          97739

I have about 3 months on the warranty. I'm planing on taking it in to have it looked at soon. Thought it might be helpful to know if anybody else has experienced the same thing. I did drive several 7500s before I boutht my 2410 and some of them had a jerk in the trans. But not all of them. Kubota said this is normal but I don't think they should do this. Talked to a man up town that has a 7610. Said his trans is doesn't jerk. ....

View my Photos
Art White

2004-10-05          97742

Jim, I wonder that it might actually be a foot position that might be causing the jerk. I've not had to repair any Kubotas for that problem and yet you stated you felt others the same before. Do you normally run with your heel on the floor? I know when I see the whole foot on the hydro petal trying to balance it doesn't seem to work. I recommend for the heel to be on the floor for better control. ....

View my Photos
JimMcD

2004-10-06          97768

Hi Art. Yes I always run with my heel on the floor when going forward and toe on the floor when going backwards. I did find a guy, C.W. Thomas on the Kubota Tractors Discussion Board that has the same problem with the same tractor. The boards web site is www.ssbtractor.com. You might want to check it out if you haven't been there yet.
Thanks for the thought. I'm going to the dealer today and hope to drive another tractor. I'll let you know what I find out. Not all of the tractors I've driven does this. ....

View my Photos
JimMcD

2004-10-06          97803

Pulled the screen today. Didn't find hardly any thing on it.
Cleaned the small amount of fillings and put it back together. No change. Drove a 7510 at the dealer today. It had a small amount of jerk but nothing like mine. They said to bring it down next week and they would look at it. They didn't say if it sounded normal or not. My neighbor also drove it today. He said there has to be something wrong. ....

View my Photos
rklink

2004-10-10          98027

I hope you have better luck than my sons and I, we had the same lurching as you descripe on our 7610. we were told by the dealer,that this is normal, I also drove a used and a new 7510. Same lurch, We are just to nit picky.
we HAVE A KUBOTA 3010, and a bx 22 that do not lurch, the latest tractor we bough was a 4110 john deere, no lurch, and brake pedals are on the correct side the left side.
kubota makes a good tractor they just need to refine their bugs out. same goes for john deere.

View my Photos
Art White

2004-10-10          98030

Jim, I took the time to drive the three that I have on the front yard and although they were tight they produced no jerk. When they went they took off quite smoothly. For some reason I don't think brakes should be on the left on any tractor as 99% plus of all tractors built have them on the right. Why confuse the users who have been using and driving normal farm tractors all there lives? ....

View my Photos
taheide

2004-10-18          98668

Mine tends to do something similiar to yours, but not hard. I only notice it in high position, in low there is no jerking. Does it do it in reverse? I think it is the valving for the forward position, it may not be allowing fliud to flow smoothly, since its the fliud driving the tractor, unlike a car where gears and plates provide the motion. ....

View my Photos
JimMcD

2004-10-18          98689

Mine does it in forward and reverse. Talked to a serviceman at Kubota. He said it is caused by the neutraling valves in the trans. He said it can be adjusted but you have to remove the valves and weaken the springs by cuting a coil at a time off the spring until it doesn't do it. The valves are located on top of the trans. and are easy to remove. He told me to take it to the dealer and they might do it for free even though it isn't a Kubota sanctioned fix. There are two valves, one forward and one reverse. ....

View my Photos
Art White

2004-10-19          98706

Those valves are what would make a hydro roll down a hill or free wheel. It would be interesting to try changing them out with a new or different set to see if the problem changes. I don't like hydro's that free wheel. ....

View my Photos
taheide

2004-10-19          98754

Thats what I thought. Luckily it is only an annoyance with me, and not a hazard like yours. I never notice it in low range, and since I usually use high for travel and mowing, I dont seem to have any problems with it, but for yours, you might want to look into replacing the parts instead of monkeying with a spring. If its sticking, chances are the bore or the piston is the problem, and adjusting the spring will only cause more problems. ....

View my Photos
PaulB

2004-11-04          99836

Interesting post. My 2410 does the same. You step on it and it seem's to lurch after a pause. Mine is two years old and I've never paid much attention to that but I guess I'll have my mechanic check it out during winter servicing. ....

View my Photos
DennisCTB

2004-11-04          99849

I believe that on flat ground the lurch is minimal to non existant. On starting up an incline from a full stop it is just about impossible not to get a small amount of lurch in high gear. Maybe Art can try some of his on a grade and let us know what he finds. ....

View my Photos
Art White

2004-11-05          99858

I've got several that were sold this spring coming in for snowblowers. I'll do some playing with those and see how they feel. On those out front on a hill there is a small hesitation that I didn't feel on the level. I would highly stress to check your brake linkages and be sure that they are returning to neutral or releasing. Hydro's brakes don't get used to much and we have seen them set up on many tractors of all makes. The small amount of drag that they might give with a tight linkage would be easily overcome in low range but not high. ....

Go Top Go Top

Share This
Share This

Member Login