Go Bottom Go Bottom

What´s the Deal KUBOTA - Kioti

View my Photos
Solo662
TractorPoint Premium Member -- 5 Tractors = Very Frequent Poster

2004-08-30          94931

I own a kubota L2900 tractor and I have been looking (just for fun) at the Kioti Dk 35 ! Even a Blind man can see the similarity between the 2 tractors!!! The Kioti is clearly a copy of the Kubota !! Everything is the Same ! ! What is the Deal between these 2 Brands ?? Does Kioti copy Kubota´s under license?? Or do they just imitate Kubota as good as possible?? Does anyone have any info on the subject ???????

Thanks in advance

Solo

Reply to | Quote Post Reply to PostQuote Reply | Add PhotoAdd Photo

View my Photos
grassgod
TractorPoint Premium Member -- 5 Tractors = Very Frequent Poster  View my Photos  Pics

2004-08-30          94933

I believe Kubota sewed Kioti a couple of years ago for falsely advertizing that they were built on the same assembly line. I'm sure some here will no more facts them on this but I believe a couple of Big Vig's from Kubota went off on there own to produce the Kioti & make more money. Personally in my opinion, I want the true, original article so I invested in Kubota & will stick with them. ....

View my Photos
lbrown59

2004-09-02          95396

You can't out fox a KUBOTA with a Kioti . ....

View my Photos
Luke

2004-09-02          95429

Here is a press release from the Kubota website with a little more info...

Kubota News Bureau
(714) 557-3663 ext. 226

FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE
PRESS RELEASE REGARDING SETTLEMENT IN KUBOTA V. DAEDONG (KIOTI) CASE

Kubota Corporation and Kubota Tractor Corporation, on the one hand, and Daedong Industrial Co., Ltd. and Daedong-USA, Inc., on the other hand, have settled the lawsuit filed by Kubota in August 2002 in Federal District Court in Fresno, California.

The lawsuit alleged, among other things, that certain aspects of the appearance of Daedong's Kioti tractors infringed trade dress and other rights that Kubota asserted exist in Kubota's tractors. Daedong is taking certain steps that Kubota believes will address its concerns.

Kubota wishes to once again inform consumers that there is no relationship between Kubota and Daedong or their respective products. Kubota and Daedong are completely separate and unrelated companies. Kubota did not design and does not manufacture the engine or any other component of any Kioti tractors, and Kubota dealers have no obligation to honor warranties on Kioti tractors. Kubota does not authorize its parts to be used on Kioti tractors.

Other terms of the settlement are confidential.

Link:   http://www.kubota.com/f/aboutkubota/2004_pr_daedong_kioti.cfm

View my Photos
Luke

2004-09-02          95430

Here is a press release from the Kubota website with a little more info...

Kubota News Bureau
(714) 557-3663 ext. 226

FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE
PRESS RELEASE REGARDING SETTLEMENT IN KUBOTA V. DAEDONG (KIOTI) CASE

Kubota Corporation and Kubota Tractor Corporation, on the one hand, and Daedong Industrial Co., Ltd. and Daedong-USA, Inc., on the other hand, have settled the lawsuit filed by Kubota in August 2002 in Federal District Court in Fresno, California.

The lawsuit alleged, among other things, that certain aspects of the appearance of Daedong's Kioti tractors infringed trade dress and other rights that Kubota asserted exist in Kubota's tractors. Daedong is taking certain steps that Kubota believes will address its concerns.

Kubota wishes to once again inform consumers that there is no relationship between Kubota and Daedong or their respective products. Kubota and Daedong are completely separate and unrelated companies. Kubota did not design and does not manufacture the engine or any other component of any Kioti tractors, and Kubota dealers have no obligation to honor warranties on Kioti tractors. Kubota does not authorize its parts to be used on Kioti tractors.

Other terms of the settlement are confidential.

Link:   http://www.kubota.com/f/aboutkubota/2004_pr_daedong_kioti.cfm

View my Photos
shortmagnum
TractorPoint Premium Member -- 5 Tractors = Very Frequent Poster  View my Photos  Pics

2004-09-03          95444

So Kioti is a knockoff? :) ....

View my Photos
Chief

2004-09-03          95498

I think Kubota is just jealous that Kioti is cutting into their game and slice of the market. ....

View my Photos
Dargo1

2004-09-03          95533

Looked at both, drove both, compared both. Kioti is definitely a knock off. No offense to Kioti owners, but it is like comparing a Lexus to a Kia. Nothing wrong with a Kia, but it definitely is not a Lexus! ....

View my Photos
DK35vince

2004-09-03          95538

What models did you compare ??
I looked at both, drove both,compared both, a Kubota 3010 and 3410 (these were the models availible at the time)and a Kioti DK 35.
Prefered the Kioti.
Went with the DK 35. Love it !!! ....

View my Photos
Dargo1

2004-09-03          95546

I looked at the KD55C (I think that was the model number) and the Kubota L5030HSTC. The engine in the Kioti was definitely not as smooth, it did not have the HST transmission I wanted, the overall smoothness of the tractor was not there, the fit and finish was not on the same par etc. The Kioti was much less money. I work hard for my money, so money has to come into play. The big killer was when I compared similar models resale value when they were about two years old. It may very well be different in other parts of the country, but the midwest certainly has not embraced the used Kioti. I have traded tractors about every two years for almost 20 years now and have lost very little (in some cases I sold my used tractor outright for a profit) when I trade. I only know this to be true in my area, but I would take an absolute beating on trying to sell a Kioti in two years. Actually, I've been a life long JD owner (other than one New Holland) up until I checked out several other brands this year. The Kioti was by far the least expensive option, but just wasn't for me given the reasons I just listed. The basic question in this thread was "is Kioti a copy/knockoff of Kubota". The obvious answer is yes. In Kioti's defense, I don't think they could pick a better tractor to copy. Besides, JD would would not have let them off nearly as easy in court as Kubota did for copying their product. I'm sure you should have good luck with yours. I don't look down on Kioti. In orange though, one is undisputedly the original and the other is a copy capitalizing on an existing established market. ....

View my Photos
DoneRGet

2004-09-09          96090

Kubota took Kioti to court...Kubota won...

View my Photos
DoneRGet

2004-09-09          96092

Jealous...you are kidding. Kubota developes the product...makes sure the quality is high...safe and
a good price...and then Kioti just copies it.

Good bless America! Copying is not the American way...

View my Photos
DoneRGet

2004-09-09          96093

Most of the prices are close on Kioti and Kubota...but,
you need to compare the price of a used Kubota against a
Kioti also...I think you will be wayyyyy ahead with the Kubota on parts, service, and recovery at the sale when you decide to sell it down the road.

Kioti Service Departments don't turn me on...Kubota has
high standards with service schools...it just makes good
cents to have great service the few times you may need it
with a Kubota. ....

View my Photos
Art White

2004-09-09          96095

This isn't new is it? ....

Go Top Go Top

Share This
Share This

Member Login