Go Bottom Go Bottom

Kubota 7800 vs JD 4310

View my Photos
mrozzie
TractorPoint Premium Member -- 5 Tractors = Very Frequent Poster

2004-08-15          93593

I am looking at buying a compact, but have not decided yet. What are the thoughts on which is better the 7800 or the 4310. I'm sure this will open up a can of worms. Keep it serious. Thanks!

Reply to | Quote Post Reply to PostQuote Reply | Add PhotoAdd Photo

Kubota 7800 vs JD 4310

View my Photos
kwschumm
TractorPoint Premium Member -- 5 Tractors = Very Frequent Poster  View my Photos  Pics

2004-08-15          93594

These two machines aren't quite in the same class. They are both good machines but the JD 4310 is more expensive which buys you better hydraulic flow, higher lift capacity, position control hitch, more features, etc. ....

Kubota 7800 vs JD 4310

View my Photos
beagle
TractorPoint Premium Member -- 5 Tractors = Very Frequent Poster  View my Photos  Pics

2004-08-15          93607

As a 7800 owner, I would agree. It would be closer to compare to the Kubota B2910, which has a lot of the premium features the 4310 has. The 7800 is a great tractor, but short on some usefull features. ....

Kubota 7800 vs JD 4310

View my Photos
grassgod

2004-08-15          93610

I was thinking the 4310 was more equal to either the 3010 or 3130. ....

Kubota 7800 vs JD 4310

View my Photos
Art White

2004-08-15          93617

If you ask as to which tractor is better for you then we need to know what do you have to do with the tractor? ....

Kubota 7800 vs JD 4310

View my Photos
RedTed

2004-08-23          94257

I looked at both and ended up with the B7800, which I thought was a better buy for the buck. It is a now frills tractor with all you need to get the job done considering what it's built to do. I liked the JD's and was rather partial to them before I really started doing some serious comparisons on paper taking costs and needs into consideration. The Kubota came out on top. It helped that the salesman at the Kubota dealer was way more helpful and eager to get me on a test drive.

I have a 5 acre place and find it very appropriate for all my needs, mostly mowing, tilling, moving various heady objects and digging fence posts. Good luck with your decision.

Red Ted

...but still voting blue. ....

Kubota 7800 vs JD 4310

View my Photos
dklopfenstein

2004-08-23          94263

I would also agree that the two tractors are not in the same class. The Deere weighs 2900 pounds and the Kubota only weighs 1741 pounds...and the 2910 comes in at 1763 pounds. I have tried out both and I find almost everything better on the Deere except the price and the warranty. The Deere is much more comfortable and has MANY MORE features...some standard, some options. A couple things...Deere's mmm on these tractors do not operate with the 3 point hitch and the rear PTO does not have to be running when the deck is on. (I used a 72" deck and the final look is better than the Kubota's 60" in my opinion.) Along with that, The loader is much quicker to install, no bar from the loader going across the fuel cap, brakes on opposite side as hydro, electronic cruise control that works great (even has resume as an option), and besides that it even comes with a cup holder. The Kubota is a solid and dependable machine but I would highly recommend spending the extra to go with Deere's medium sized CUTs. The 4210 would be a little cheaper and a 430 loader fits on it even though the books do not say it does...just not quite as much hydrolic pressure to run it. On top of everything, it is green...what more could you ask for!?! I am waiting to see what the new Deeres are like before I make my final puchase however...I have my name on a used 4410 that will be traded in by the end of the year...local farmer and trucking company owner that trades every year. Looking forward to it! ....

Kubota 7800 vs JD 4310

View my Photos
grassgod

2004-08-24          94276

My kubota doesnt have a bar going across the hood, However it does have a cup holder. If your going to compare a base model Ford Focus to a Chevrolet Trailblazer, I think I would opt for the Trailblazer also even though I am a Ford Guy. ....

Kubota 7800 vs JD 4310

View my Photos
Art White

2004-08-24          94282

These two tractors are definitely not in the same class of tractors! The deere 4310 in the Kubota line would be with the L-series chassis. We can push the Kubota edge a bit but not that much. If you are just looking for mainly mowing and a little loader work and snow removal work chances are the smaller B-series chassis would work fine as it to can run a 72" deck. If you have a lot of grading to do or just heavier work then get into the L-series chassis the same size as the deere. ....

Kubota 7800 vs JD 4310

View my Photos
dklopfenstein

2004-08-24          94363

grasgod...you must have either a BX series or an L series Kubota. Neither of these have a bar over the fuel cap and they do have cup holders. The B series like was originally asked about does have a bar over the hood and no cup holder. Like I said before, Kubota makes a very high-quality machine for the price. If you are satisfied with a tractor is good and dependable, Kubota is the way to go. If you want comfort and technology, nothing compares to Deere. All depends what you are after... ....

Kubota 7800 vs JD 4310

View my Photos
Chief

2004-08-24          94366

I would see the L3430 and the 4310 as close a apples to apples comparison as you can get but they are still not that close. Both are fine tractors. Probably boils down to the ergonomics such as foot pedal placement, operator station room, as well as features such as load match and motion match. ....

Kubota 7800 vs JD 4310

View my Photos
stevenc

2004-08-24          94371

Corriher Tractor in Lenoir sells both,,I would price check with Leonard,,828 758 5506,,what do you have to lose?(just a thought) ....

Kubota 7800 vs JD 4310

View my Photos
grassgod

2004-08-24          94378

DK - I do have a grand L series. It has a suspension seat with hinged armrests, digital dash that tells me how many mph i am traveling, exactly have many rpm's I am at digitaly, Fuel level, It tells me when I need service, It has left & right turn signals for road travel & the list goes on. The only thing it doesnt seem to have is A/C but thats what my 12th speed at 22 mph is for. What does your deere have? ....

Kubota 7800 vs JD 4310

View my Photos
Chief

2004-08-24          94381

You might want to check those top end speed numbers again Grassy. ;o) Last time I checked it was 16.5 mph in 12th gear for the L3130 with GST. Are jumping off and pushing? ;o) ....

Kubota 7800 vs JD 4310

View my Photos
dklopfenstein

2004-08-24          94383

Let's see...4410 has loadmatch (slows tranny down to keep RPMs up), speedmatch (can set max speed - great for mowing), electronic cruise control with resume and +/- speed control, motionmatch (adjusts how quickly hydro stops), hydrolic controls that stay on the tractor even with the loader removed for other attachments, standard quick release bucket, and the main rollers on the rear of the MMM are not in the middle to leave odd looking stripes down the center of each pass.
This is an honest question...does the L series come with MMM capabilities? The only Kubotas I tried were the B series. I was planning to get a JD 4115 or B2910 (which are very comparable tracotrs) when this '03 4410 came in used with 80 hours on it. It was the same price as the new 4115 that I tried so that was that. I quickly decided that I should get more tractor for the same price. I am sure I will not regret it. ....

Kubota 7800 vs JD 4310

View my Photos
Chief

2004-08-24          94384

My 4410 can knock out a tad over 18 mph with the 43 x 16.00-20 R-4 tires inflated to max.,folding ROPS down, throttle linkage slack tight at 2810 rpm, and if I crouch down behind the dash, going down hill and the wife is pushing. ;o) ....

Kubota 7800 vs JD 4310

View my Photos
dklopfenstein

2004-08-24          94385

By the way, good one Chief...your pushing comment made me laugh out loud. Maybe that speed was reached while on a trailer behind the Trailblazer! ....

Kubota 7800 vs JD 4310

View my Photos
grassgod

2004-08-25          94399

Dk - Being that I dont have the hydro madel & actually paid $150 extra not to have the hydro AKA HST, I cant compare the options of one. As for the MMM, I dont mow with mine & never will. I have 13 zero turn Exmark mowers, 4 of which are riders & will out mow the 4410 with a 72" deck. My rops do fold however :) & my bucket is quick detach but didnt mention that because it seems everyone's is these days. Which brings my to a discussion of last week I was on a job site & the GC has a skid steer. HE had a few attachments for his skid steer on the job. He let me use his Hydraulic forks to move some large tree's we were planting. Once the forks are mounted on your fel, You just drive up to the tree, squeeze the Root ball & drive up to the hole it is going & a place it in. Extremely handly to have. ....

Kubota 7800 vs JD 4310

View my Photos
MuleTrader

2004-08-25          94431

Sir the two tractors are in question are in different weight classes, both are great units you need to talk with knowledgable dealer for YOUR needs. Try a dealer who has both lines. Call Leonard at Corriher Tractor we have both! 828-758-5506 ....

Kubota 7800 vs JD 4310

View my Photos
DRankin

2004-08-25          94432

Here we go again. ....

Kubota 7800 vs JD 4310

View my Photos
kwschumm

2004-08-25          94435

Yeah, I'm really starting to dislike all NC tractor dealers. ....

Kubota 7800 vs JD 4310

View my Photos
grassgod

2004-08-25          94439

Mule trader & / or stevenc - Please stop. If you want to advertize on this site, Do so properly. ....

Kubota 7800 vs JD 4310

View my Photos
Chief

2004-08-25          94449

I may not be up with the latest rules and standards but IF in fact MuleTrader is with Corriher; isn't it fair game for them to make such posts since Corriher does is in fact a paying advertiser and supports Dennis and Tractor Point. I may be incorrect here so I just wanted to pose this question so I am on the correct sheet of music. I completely agree with the blocking out the spammers that do not pay to advertise here. No offense and good intentions here Gras. This might be an area that Dennis can clarify for all of us. Again it may just be a matter of ME not being up to speed on this issue. ....

Kubota 7800 vs JD 4310

View my Photos
kwschumm

2004-08-25          94458

I think the question is what is the purpose of TractorPoint? Is it to discuss and debate tractors or to sell tractors? They can advertise here, and they can post ads in the classifieds here, they can participate in threads here to discuss the pros and cons of the machines they sell, but when they constantly solicit business in every "new tractor" thread it bugs the heck out of me. That kind of behavior will get out of control very quickly and will drive paying members away. I call it spam, but at least here we have some recourse. Maybe everyone who is bugged by it should call Leonard at Corriher Tractor, 828-758-5506, and voice their displeasure. ....

Kubota 7800 vs JD 4310

View my Photos
Chief

2004-08-25          94464

I think you have a point there Ken. Probably would be best to send stuff like that through the private messages. Good call! ....

Kubota 7800 vs JD 4310

View my Photos
mrozzie

2004-08-25          94531

Thanks to everyone for providing their opinion. I have a lot to think about. ....

Kubota 7800 vs JD 4310

View my Photos
grassgod

2004-08-25          94536

Ken - You should be a lawyer! You would make a fine one I might add! ....

Kubota 7800 vs JD 4310

View my Photos
kwschumm

2004-08-25          94540

GACK! What an insult! LOL ....

Kubota 7800 vs JD 4310

View my Photos
dklopfenstein

2004-08-25          94564

Two quick questions...
#1 My Deere 4410 at this point has turf tires. There is a 4310 with close to same hours with R4 tires at my dealer and he said that we could work out a swap possibly if I wanted those. If I want to push snow, grade our quarter mile driveway, use a tiller, pull hay wagons, etc....how do the turfs work? They leave my yard looking great but do leave some concerns with using the tractor for all the other reasons I bought it for. Do R4's tear-up grass while turning, starting, or braking? I want flexibility but a nice yard...will I have to pick between the two?
#2 Just curious also if the L series Kubotas have a mid PTO option for a MMM...no slam intended if they don't. Just was curious because I never looked at them after trying out the 4410. ....

Kubota 7800 vs JD 4310

View my Photos
grassgod

2004-08-26          94574

The r4's wont harm the grass if dont keep repeatedly driving over the same area & make sure your in 2 wd. I drive my R4's over my lawn all the time but I take wide swooping turns & My lawn is fertilized & well taken care of so it is hardy. If your lawn is a natural lawn it will be more prown to tare on the turns. Personaly if you run a MMM, I would say live with the lack of traction of the turf's. ....

Kubota 7800 vs JD 4310

View my Photos
DRankin

2004-08-26          94600

The only place your turfs will show poor traction is in serious mud. The R-4 is only slightly better in mud than the turf.

The only tire that operates in serious mud is the R-1/AG tire.

Chains on the turfs can help in goopy conditions and for winter conditions I would rather have the turfs than the other two. ....

Kubota 7800 vs JD 4310

View my Photos
Art White

2004-08-26          94608

Thats all right about the question about the mid PTO drive as they do. It used to be standard equipment but many of them were going out on industrial service and never needing or using it. Why bother having it on all when in all do respects less then half go out with it! I love the Kiss pricipal when working with tractors. If it isn't there it can't be broke! ....

Kubota 7800 vs JD 4310

View my Photos
grassgod

2004-08-26          94631

Maybe the Galaxy tires would be a good remedy. ....

Kubota 7800 vs JD 4310

View my Photos
dklopfenstein

2004-08-26          94675

The Galaxy tires would be nice on turf I am sure. I guess I am a little partial to the R4s because it makes it look more like a tractor instead of an oversized 35 hp lawnmower. (I know, it really is a pathetic reason!) Maybe I will just keep the turfs and see how I like them as I use the tractor more this fall and winter. I can always change them later if I want to. Thanks for your help on this matter. ....

Kubota 7800 vs JD 4310

View my Photos
grassgod

2004-08-26          94676

Thats funny DK, I have the same hang up about turf tires! ....

Go Top Go Top

Share This
Share This

Member Login