Go Bottom Go Bottom

Tool Kits

View my Photos
bvance
TractorPoint Premium Member -- 5 Tractors = Very Frequent Poster  View my Photos  Pics

2004-07-28          92177

I'm a new Kubota owner (BX2230) and was wondering if anyone had any good ideas for carrying a few tools on the tractor where they're out of the way. Perhaps a Cresent wrench, pliers, screwdriver etc? Not the complete tool box but just a few basic tools for in the field adjustments etc. Thanks.

Reply to | Quote Post Reply to PostQuote Reply | Add PhotoAdd Photo

Tool Kits

View my Photos
DRankin
TractorPoint Premium Member -- 5 Tractors = Very Frequent Poster  View my Photos  Pics

2004-07-29          92201

I never have figured out a way to successfully carry tools on my tractors. The only thing that seems to work is to incorporate some storage into your rear ballast system. ....

Tool Kits

View my Photos
kwschumm

2004-07-29          92207

I've been looking on and off for a nylon or canvas type tool bag that could be either strapped to the front weight bar or hung over the seat back. Those seem like the two best places on my machine. Maybe a tool belt could be rigged up for this purpose. ....

Tool Kits

View my Photos
shortmagnum

2004-07-29          92210

My Kubota L3130 has a beautiful factory tool box right behind the seat. It even has a cup holder built in. It has plenty of room for the things I need to change shear pins on my rough mower. Shear pins, hammer, a crescent & combination wrench. I can stand on the mower and easily reach everything.

In most cases you will probably just acquire the tools that are necessary over the months.
Dave ....

Tool Kits

View my Photos
kwschumm

2004-07-29          92213

My JD 4310 has a toolbox on the left fender which is adequate for a screwdriver, ratchet and a few sockets but there is no way it will hold a big honkin crescent wrench and a can of spray lube. ....

Tool Kits

View my Photos
Murf

2004-07-29          92217

We used to cap one end of a piece of ABS or PVC pipe and mount it vertically on the FEL frame facing the operator, the one with the controls if it fits keeps it out of the way climbing on & off. Any required tools were rolled into one of those canvas pouches often used for a set of wrenches which then slipped down into the tube. If you dampen the canvas with some WD-40 it seems to last longer and it helped keep rust to a minimum. Another end cap to keep out the dust was slipped over the top to keep out most of the weather, but don't forget to drill a couple of vent holes to let condesation, debres, etc., escape.

Note, I said we 'used to' do this, we discovered over the years that it din't matter what you crammed in their, you still didn't have what you needed. They did work well for holding a pair of gloves and a rag to wipe the inevitable grease of your hands though.

Best of luck. ....

Tool Kits

View my Photos
kwschumm

2004-07-29          92225

The problem with any tool box is that there are tools or stuff you want to carry that won't fit. There is always a prybar too long or a chain too bulky to fit in the box. Heck, I've got a big SnapOn tool cabinet in my garage and my 250 lb torque wrench is too long to fit in it. ....

Tool Kits

View my Photos
FERRARI

2004-07-29          92248

Hey kwschumm, How did you up-right your tractor when you turned it over in the picture? ....

Link:   http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v248/GARYTUCKER/deerhunt.jpg

Picture Link
Kubota Tractors Tool Kits

Tool Kits

View my Photos
kwschumm

2004-07-30          92279

I called a tow truck :) The guy had a big truck with two strong winches. He held it upright while I drove it down the hill, then hooked to the rear of the tractor and helped pull it backwards up the hill while I drove in reverse. ....

Tool Kits

View my Photos
BARNEE

2004-07-31          92397

I use an old tool belt. It has a hole on the backside at the top where a belt would normally go. On my tractor there's a hole on the right side of the FEL frame that faces rearward...a match made in heaven. The toolbelt is not too big but there's room for channel locks, wd40, a screwdriver & other things nice to have along for the ride. Now I just need to figure out a drink holder. ....

Tool Kits

View my Photos
kwschumm

2004-07-31          92404

BARNEE, that's a great idea! I'll have to start looking at toolbelts to see if I can find one that looks suitable. ....

Tool Kits

View my Photos
bvance

2004-07-31          92410

The new BX 2230 has a drink holder in the left fender now all I need is a place for a few tools! I like the idea of maybe a tool belt on the back on the seat or as Barnee recommends on the FEL. Kubota now needs to make a handy tool holder for a few basics. ....

Tool Kits

View my Photos
PaulPrince

2004-08-02          92522

I drilled holes in the BX23 Backhoe console plate and a plastic toolbox from a wrench kit. The backhoe gets to within about 3-1/2 inches of the plate at closest approach.
My toolbox is about 2 inches thick and is very handy for carying crescents, box wrenches, thumb parts, etc. Note the fire extinguisher mounted on the backhoe console also, so foot platform is totally free of junk. See my picture #1. ....

Tool Kits

View my Photos
kwschumm

2004-08-02          92524

Mounting a toolbox on the implement? Paul, that's a nice setup when the backhoe is on but Murphy's law says that tools will be most needed when the backhoe is not mounted. However, that brings up an interesting idea. It seems that I most require tools when chipping, to flip blades around or change feed roller belts or unclog the discharge chute. There's plenty of places on the chipper to mount a toolbox. That should work. Thanks for the idea! ....

Tool Kits

View my Photos
PaulPrince

2004-08-02          92525

KWS, You're right about Merphy's law, but in 6 months I haven't unhooked the backhoe yet. ....

Go Top Go Top

Share This
Share This

Member Login