Go Bottom Go Bottom

bucket capacity b7510

View my Photos
vrenuguy
TractorPoint Premium Member -- 5 Tractors = Very Frequent Poster

2004-07-12          90670

I know this is probably pretty basic, but I know zip about hydralics. When the literature list a lift capacity for the three point, or for the bucket, I am not so sure I can estimate accurately enough when I am lifting stuff in the bucket. What happens when it is overloaded? I mean, does it explode, blow seals, hoses, or just have a limiter, grunt, and say "ain't gonna lift that'n boss?" For awhile, I probably will stick to not asking it to lift anything I can't but I was just wondering, What if-?

Reply to | Quote Post Reply to PostQuote Reply | Add PhotoAdd Photo

bucket capacity b7510

View my Photos
kwschumm
TractorPoint Premium Member -- 5 Tractors = Very Frequent Poster  View my Photos  Pics

2004-07-12          90672

There is a pressure relief valve that kicks in when you try to lift something too heavy. You can hear when it happens, usually a whistling or chattering type of sound. ....

bucket capacity b7510

View my Photos
vrenuguy

2004-07-12          90673

Oh, thank you. It takes a real load off my mind. I figure the time will come when I want to take the wraps off my new baby, and actually make her work, without causing any major damage.

So when I hear that chatter, just put her down, and adjust the load, right? ....

bucket capacity b7510

View my Photos
kwschumm
TractorPoint Premium Member -- 5 Tractors = Very Frequent Poster  View my Photos  Pics

2004-07-12          90675

I'm not sure if the B7510 whistles, or chatters, or gurgles or what, but I'm sure you'll be able to hear it. Yes, when you hear it you need to make some adjustments. ....

bucket capacity b7510

View my Photos
vrenuguy

2004-07-12          90676

Thanks again. I note you are from NW Oregon, me too. Colton-know where that is? I am anxiously awaiting the arrival of my new toy. I have been busting my hump on twelve acres of hilly third growth for thirty years now sans a tractor. Boy am I in for it. B7510, rough mower, loader, tiller, blade, and me are going to have some fun. ....

bucket capacity b7510

View my Photos
kwschumm

2004-07-12          90678

I should mention that most standard buckets are sized such that if you're picking up any common material (wet or dry soil, gravel, etc) you shouldn't have any trouble lifting it.

I didn't know where Colton was, but looked it up on mapquest so I do know :) Do you know where Banks is? We're about 15 minutes west of Hillsboro. Our land is third or fourth growth, and very dense. It was VERY hard work without the tractor, as it is now it's just hard work. Bless my wife for telling me to buy the equipment I wanted :) Are you planning to get a chipper? I'm finding it much easier when thinning to chip on the spot rather than to drag the slash out, pile it up and burn it.

I'm sure you'll really enjoy your new machine. ....

bucket capacity b7510

View my Photos
vrenuguy

2004-07-12          90682

Yes, I am familiar with Banks. Rough country, and even wetter than where we are. Looks like you are equipped to handle it though. couldn't read your entire message-would love to upgrade, but do not do pay pal, so guess that's out. Sounds like a great place, though, and from what you say, a lot thicker than mine is, although it grows faster than you can cut it down and haul it out. I ahve a mighty Mac chipper/shredder that helps a lot. ....

bucket capacity b7510

View my Photos
grassgod

2004-07-13          90789

Ken - being that you chip on the spot now, do you find your grapple getting alot less use?

bucket capacity b7510

View my Photos
grassgod

2004-07-13          90791

vrenuguy - I pay without paypal. I just used a credit card. Well worth it. On the top of your screen click on search & you can read posts from last year if you wanted to. the info on this site is enless & only $20 a year! ....

bucket capacity b7510

View my Photos
kwschumm

2004-07-13          90825

I still find myself using the grapple quite a bit. Trees that are larger than 5" or so get limbed and hauled to the firewood area, there are still a bunch of older slash piles that need cleaning up, and I use it to move bigger rocks around. I'm also using it to dig out a construction debris that the finish excavator bozo buried. ....

bucket capacity b7510

View my Photos
grassgod

2004-07-14          90841

Thats interresting that you can use it for so many different things. do you have a separate joystic to control the top jaw? Thats how they set mine up. ....

bucket capacity b7510

View my Photos
kwschumm

2004-07-14          90927

Yes, the BoDozer grapple requires three SCVs. The two loader valves control lift and tilt (it tilts all the way down for picking stuff up) and the third controls the jaw. To pick stuff up I tilt it down and close the jaw on logs, rocks, etc. ....

bucket capacity b7510

View my Photos
vrenuguy

2004-07-14          90931

Yup, I have been trying to register without pay pal, but it keeps telling me that someone else is registered, using my email address, and that I need to change my email addy to register. Not gonna do it. Ain't computers fun? ....

bucket capacity b7510

View my Photos
grassgod

2004-07-15          90939

All ya have to do is go to the top of the screen on the tractorpiont website, the grey bar across the top has 10 different things you can click on, click on email & tell Dennis ( the sebsite host) your problem) he will fix it. that happened to me originally too. ....

bucket capacity b7510

View my Photos
matthewh

2004-07-16          91157

how do you drain fluid from the loader system?

Matt ....

bucket capacity b7510

View my Photos
grassgod

2004-07-20          91434

Generrally when you want to drain hydraulic fluid from the tractor you have to drain the whole system from the drain plug. If you want to drain just the loader for repair purposes, just disconnect one of the hoses on the loader with the engine off & the bucket on the ground. ....

Go Top Go Top

Share This
Share This

Member Login