Go Bottom Go Bottom

Mulching blades for 72

View my Photos
AV1968
TractorPoint Premium Member -- 5 Tractors = Very Frequent Poster

2004-07-08          90352

Hello,

I just purchased a B7800 with a 72" mid mount mower. Does anyone know if mulching blades are available for this deck? I get a lot of clumping and lines of grass clippings when mowing. I had a John Deere that had mulching blades and the yard would look like a golf course. Of course now I am mowing around 7 acres. Thanks for any help

Andrew
Semper Fi

Reply to | Quote Post Reply to PostQuote Reply | Add PhotoAdd Photo

Mulching blades for 72

View my Photos
jarndt
TractorPoint Premium Member -- 5 Tractors = Very Frequent Poster  View my Photos  Pics

2004-07-09          90395

I'll second that idea, although I could not find any information on the Kubota website for a B7800 mulching kit. I don't mean to hijack this thread, but I am also interested in a mulching kit for the 54" deck on my BX1500. I know one is available, but does anyone know the specific part number for the kit and/or components? ....

Mulching blades for 72

View my Photos
FERRARI
TractorPoint Premium Member -- 5 Tractors = Very Frequent Poster  View my Photos  Pics

2004-07-09          90418

I have a B-2910 with a 72" MMM...and am in contact with Kubota about making some High lift mulching blades...they do not make any now, and are loosing us grass cutting peple to other Makes.....I cut at 8 and 1/2 inches high and have for years.....Just got new B-2910 and am not satisified with cutting of normal blades.....Are you using crossed blades? I have been using crossed blades for almost 20 years on my B8200 with 60" MMM....Works great for cutting high.....I am glad to see someone else cutting high!

Click on line for picture:

http://img78.photobucket.com/albums/v248/GARYTUCKER/DSC00176.jpg

Mulching blades for 72

View my Photos
AV1968

2004-07-12          90640

Hmm, crossed blades? I am using whatever came stock with the deck so I am not sure what they are. Thanks

Andrew
Semper FI ....

Mulching blades for 72

View my Photos
petushead

2004-07-12          90688

AV1968,

I inquired about the same thing for my 60"MMM. They tell me that none exist....you can get a kit but apparently it will not really solve the problem....maybe that double blade thing will work. I am shocked at the lack of innovation with these decks...my dad had an old 1967 JD 110 and it had basically the same mow deck...3 blades..and get this..NO ZERTS...I would expect at least some improvements for almost 40yrs. ....

Mulching blades for 72

View my Photos
TNCHRIS

2004-07-12          90720

look at meg-mow.com or gatorblade.com
i have gator on my landpride fd2572 and love them, the meg-mo look neet but high priced. ....

Mulching blades for 72

View my Photos
FERRARI

2004-08-02          92545

I found them!!!! each blade is 24.6" long and the same raised center section as on stock blades.....HIGH LIFT MULCHING BLADES ! I am going to have to drill out the center hole to 1 and 1/8". I have been looking all over and have spent several hours on the phone and online, but I found them!

BTW if you really want to get small clippings, use 6 blades, that is right, crossed at right angles. Been doing it that 20 years with no trouble.

They are on the way, I have ordered them, in the pictures at bottom are my stock blades, but they do not have squat for lift. ....

Link:   http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v248/GARYTUCKER/DSC00311.jpg

Picture Link
Kubota Tractors Mulching blades for 72

Mulching blades for 72

View my Photos
grinder

2004-08-03          92554

This page seems to have some as well.
Mow Products .com ....

Link:   

Click Here

Mulching blades for 72

View my Photos
FERRARI

2004-08-03          92597

I can not get web link on last message to work????? ....

Mulching blades for 72

View my Photos
AV8R

2004-08-03          92602

delete the extra "http://" ....

Mulching blades for 72

View my Photos
FERRARI

2004-08-03          92604

When you click on grinders web link in his message, does it work? It does not for me. ....

Mulching blades for 72

View my Photos
Murf

2004-08-03          92609

Gator Mulcher blades are now part of the Oregon Outdoor Power family, the chainsaw blade people.

The link below is to their mower blade catalogue, the Kubota blades start on page 149. They do not make a Gator blades for Kubota decks other than 54" and 60" in size, and then only I suspect because they are a cross-over to another manufacturer's deck.

Best of luck. ....

Link:   Oregon Website

Mulching blades for 72

View my Photos
c5er

2004-08-03          92621

Sorry for my ignorance but the following blade from Oregon will work on a b7610 with 60" MMM with no modifications?

GATOR MULCHER™ 90-987 20-9/16 1-1/8 - - 250-250

I had the Clumps or grass left behind with std blades as well as some degree on uncut grass coming from blade 3 area.

Mulching blades for 72

View my Photos
FERRARI

2004-08-03          92622

I also have GATOR MULCHER MAGNUM blades for my 72" MMM. ....

Mulching blades for 72

View my Photos
Murf

2004-08-04          92673

Oops, my mistake, I was reading the wrong page in the catalogue.

Note to self, don't set something down on the 'page down' button and expect to be in the same place for long.

Best of luck. ....

Mulching blades for 72

View my Photos
2kubotas

2004-08-04          92716

Hey Guys,
Everyone seems to be missing one thing. Blades are great but the most important parts of the mulching kit are the baffles. I have a 42 inch T series and a 60 inch BX2200, both with Kubota mulch kits. Keep any blades sharp and the baffles amke sure the clippings are chopped up. ....

Mulching blades for 72

View my Photos
Murf

2004-08-05          92761

What we are talking about are high airflow mulching blades, not a mulching kit, they are two very different animals.

A mulching kit holds the grass in the mower deck longer in order to have the blades mulch it into smaller peices. Unfortunately this also means in heavy grass you have to cut much slower and they will often leave big clumps of cut grass behind.

Gator Mulcher blades on the other hand have the top sail divided into sevaral smaller blades which shred the cuttings into many smaller pieces and then the higher airflow blows them out in a smooth even sheet over the top of the lawn.

The difference is night & day, both in quality of the finish and the speed at which you can achieve it.

I'd be willing to bet that if you tried them on one of your decks you'd do away with the mulch kits pretty fast.

Best of luck. ....

Mulching blades for 72

View my Photos
FERRARI

2004-08-05          92763

I second what MURF said..... ....

Mulching blades for 72

View my Photos
c5er

2004-08-05          92766

There are several gatorblade models, Std, High lift, and "heavy duty" . Does the std gator blade have more lift then the std kubota blades. we have th 60 mmm and I notice that blade 3 will leave occasional blades uncust especially on left turns. I was thinking maybe weight of 7610 was packing it down abit and there wasnt enough pulling it back up? ....

Mulching blades for 72

View my Photos
AV8R

2004-08-05          92768

To this same end I've found that my tractor (BX2230 with 54" deck) will leave a much better finish with the bagger/vac operating. I think the lack of lift from the deck is why this happens. There is very little "airfoil" to the OEM blades. ....

Mulching blades for 72

View my Photos
FERRARI

2004-08-05          92769

I cut at 7 and 1/2 to 8 inches high....This takes a lot of lift........THAT is why I want high lift blades.....the grass gets much thicker as time goes by.....and this High grass withstands heat much better.....And yes, what the last two replies are talking about, is caused by not enough lift...... ....

Mulching blades for 72

View my Photos
c5er

2004-08-05          92776

Sounds Good time to buy some Gators, However I cant seem to find a number that crosses. I called Kubota Dealer he said OEM blade number is K5651-34330 fro a rck60-24B deck. I cant seem to find a matching gator blade to that deck/mower and dont know enough of the details to see if one of the others will work. Any Ideas? ....

Mulching blades for 72

View my Photos
FERRARI

2004-08-08          92956

C5er....You need the length of you blades.....the center hole size...the guague of steel...measure and then go to site mentioned here in this thread.......and you can find a blade that will work...... ....

Mulching blades for 72

View my Photos
doggone

2004-08-08          92981

I have the gator's on my JD without the baffle. Cut is so fine, no grass trail left. I know the baffle helps, but it clogs them clumps with early morning cuts so you'll mow more often. ....

Mulching blades for 72

View my Photos
bross52

2004-09-05          95645

Just signed up tonight. Getting all kinds of info from the site. Question I have, it seems there are mulching kits for the 60" mower that comes with the bx2200? Or is it best to go with mulching blades if you can find them. I looked at the Oregon site, it seems blades for my mower doesn't come in the mulching option. Only 60" front connect mowers have a mulching blade replacement. If I was reading it wrong, let me know. Thanks

Go Top Go Top

Share This
Share This

Member Login