Go Bottom Go Bottom

bx2200 new today but small problem

View my Photos
cthonestguy
TractorPoint Premium Member -- 5 Tractors = Very Frequent Poster

2004-07-01          89873

Hi, I just picked up a nice 2001 bx2200 with the LA211 loader, 200 hours, rear 3 point utility dump box, harrow and a couple of other things. I got it from a guy who just got divorced and was cashing out. I think I got a pretty good price at $6500 considering it's as close to new as you can get right down to the bar tires.

My question is this, The loader has down pressure but not real strong unless you pop the hydro selector in "N". It goes up great, down great , floats, dumps, curls all fine. It has down pressure but to lift the front end off the ground you have to put it in "N".....Is this normal or is something broken?

Thanks for the help!

Reply to | Quote Post Reply to PostQuote Reply | Add PhotoAdd Photo

View my Photos
DRankin
TractorPoint Premium Member -- 5 Tractors = Very Frequent Poster  View my Photos  Pics

2004-07-01          89876

Two things:

1) Make sure you are running some serious RPM as the the BX puts out very scanty hydraulic pressure at low idle.

2)They are designed with a very shallow digging angle. The only way I could get mine to lift the front end was to curl the bucket lip down or put a brick or a 4x4 under the bucket.

If it still acts puny it is because it is only rated to lift around 500 pounds, and the tractor weighs 1300... most of that is forward of the steering wheel.

Apply some rear rear ballast to help teeter your totter and it should hoist the front wheels off the deck.

Nice machine. And, by the bye, you stole it at that price. Let me know next time you go tractor shopping so I can follow you with my checkbook. ....

View my Photos
cthonestguy

2004-07-01          89878

It definitly lifts wayyyy up as long as i put it in N...All my other machines were 50 years old and they had dual sticks and would lift the nose up. I guess this is just the way it is? Thanks ....

View my Photos
DRankin
TractorPoint Premium Member -- 5 Tractors = Very Frequent Poster  View my Photos  Pics

2004-07-01          89880

Another thing..... maybe the first guy never did the 50 hour service. Could be the filters/screens are plugged and the oil is tired. ....

View my Photos
Art White

2004-07-02          89891

When lifting the front of the tractor while in range then you are also asking it to overcome the drive system and pull the rear of the tractor by sliding the rear tires. Some can do it and some can't! Your 50 year old tractors weren't hydro's with holding power. Your BX should be able to lift the front in neutral. ....

View my Photos
DRankin

2004-07-02          89905

Good point, Art. I didn't consider the dynamics of the rear wheels acting like a brake with the HST engaged.

The gem of knowledge for the day. ....

View my Photos
cthonestguy

2004-07-02          89939

Art, you were 100% right! I went with what you said and while it was in gear I went to lift the front end up, as long as i slightly pressed the pedal forward it lifted it up like there was no tomorrow.

This is a great site. I am paying the 19 bucks tonight and becoming a member. More info off here than the kubota dealer here in CT. As a matter of fact, the dealer here in CT is horrible in looking up parts. I needed a couple of small parts and they were almost "hassled". It's a big dealer that sells huge machines. I guess the couldn't be bothered with 200 bucks worth of bx2200 parts!

Does anyone know of a good mail order kubota parts dealer? I would probably need a parts list too. I don't mind spending money but it burns me when the dealer acts like they are doing me a favor!

Thanks for the answers guys..Jim ....

View my Photos
TNCHRIS

2004-07-02          89942

try tractorsmart.com
they will even email you a link for the kubota factory parts brakdowns and can check prices and order 24-7 online. ....

Link:   Kubota parts at tractorsmart.com

View my Photos
grassgod

2004-07-12          90604

CThonestgy - I just bought my Kubota from Westco eq in Norwalk. I dont know how there parts dept. is yet but it might be worth a shot, Also have you tried Midstate? Tractorsmart is great if your in no rush but sometimes you need parts that day. Was the dealer your speaking of Lomac? Let me know so I can stay away from there. ....

View my Photos
tom scannell

2004-07-12          90611

i delt with f+w equip on my purchase but they have no parts so i get all my parts from g+h equip in north haven
i think they own both stores ....

View my Photos
grassgod

2004-07-12          90697

Tom - I bought my former CUT, JD 790 there, At g & h in North Haven. At the time Dave Howe owned it. I had a terrible experience with the main deere rep., Bob Mills & have become a proud Kubota Guy after I witnessed the arrogance from deere after a major warrenty issue. ....

View my Photos
cthonestguy

2004-07-12          90727

I went to F&W for the parts and my machine is a 2001 bx2200, they only made it 4 years and it's a recent machine. I had them look up the oil filter, hydro filter and a couple of other things and they were confused! It took the guy 20 minutes and he gave me the wrong filter. The guy I got the machine from bought it from midstate. I think I got a great deal on it. It was in the bargain news for $8500 and I threw $6500 at the guy and he took it. He threw in a few attachments. I think it's worth closer to 10k? it only has 200 hours on it. Thanks for the reply..Jim ....

View my Photos
cthonestguy

2004-07-12          90729

grasgod, a good friend of mine here in CT brought a deere over to G&H for a repair of a cracked case. He brought it there several weeks....actually a few months ago and it still isn't fixed. We have 2 small places here in my town . One is called New England Tractor, it used to be Johnson Automotive. They sell Mahindra tractors but they can fix just about anything. They are good for service and like the "little guy". The other one here in Bethany is Digenaro Service. This guy is one of the nicest guys you will ever meet. They can fix anything but the crack of dawn or a broken heart. He works on anything that runs and fixes it right the first time. He's got some good guys working for him and most of the time he will jump on your repair the same day. Some of these other dealers don't give you the time of day unless you are buying 3 excavators. I wouldn't hesitate to use either of these guys before I go to F&W or G&H and get lost in the shuffle. ....

View my Photos
grassgod

2004-07-13          90747

cthonestguy - Thanks for that input. I will give them a try once my warrenty expires. Bethany is only about 45 minutes from here. I'm in Guilford. I was originally going to purchase the kubota at midstate but I was getting bad vibes from Braz Olivera. You definitly stole your bx for that price. Take care of it & it will outlast you. ....

Go Top Go Top

Share This
Share This

Member Login