Go Bottom Go Bottom

Hydraulic Side Link

View my Photos
beagle
TractorPoint Premium Member -- 5 Tractors = Very Frequent Poster  View my Photos  Pics

2004-06-19          88880

I was quoted a price of $287 including shipping for a hydraulic side link for my 7800. Anyone know of where I can get a better price. This seems a little high. Thanks

Reply to | Quote Post Reply to PostQuote Reply | Add PhotoAdd Photo

Hydraulic Side Link

View my Photos
beagle
TractorPoint Premium Member -- 5 Tractors = Very Frequent Poster  View my Photos  Pics

2004-06-21          89101

Come on guys, help me out here. I have 130 posts to put in on uneven ground and could really use a hydraulic side link. We have to plumb the PHD at each hole, and the hydraulic link would really speed up the operation. Top links are easy to make, side links require a little more time, which I don't have with all these holes to get done. I have a B7800 with rear remotes ready to go, just need the side link. Any help on where I could get one at a good price would be great. Thanks ....

Hydraulic Side Link

View my Photos
hardwood
TractorPoint Premium Member -- 5 Tractors = Very Frequent Poster

2004-06-22          89114

Beagle; give northern Hydraulics or the Surplus Center a try. they both have websites. Frank. ....

Hydraulic Side Link

View my Photos
TomG

2004-06-22          89116

Sorry Beagle I'm not up of the prices of things and I guess I figured it didn't seem like too bad a price--especially since it included shipping. I tend to think of Tisco for after-market ready-mades. They operate through dealers but I don't know about their prices.

A local hydraulics shop likely could put together an appropriate cylinder with the right ends and maybe for a lower price. I think most 3ph's would take a clevis end for the lower and various types for the upper end. My 3ph is crank adjustable so a threaded rod on a loop would work . The price would go up if a factory part from a dealer were needed.

I understand your problem. I was probably saved from a similar fate since my I don't have an auger bit smaller than 12". I also think my 3ph did a bit of lateral plumbing. At any rate the problem didn't come up since the extra large holes allowed plenty of room for plumbing the posts. I did have to shave he sides of a few holes to get straight fence lines. Still can't believe I couldn't consistently hit markers for 4" posts with a 12" auger. Well, maybe my marking was the problem. ....

Hydraulic Side Link

View my Photos
beagle

2004-06-22          89119

Thanks, I got all my rear remote parts from Surplus Center, but would still have to fabricate the clevis ends if I got a cylinder there. Probably will pay the $287 to save my back and my marriage. Ms. Beagle is getting a little tired of the whining at every hole.

Tom, we've done pretty well with hole location so far. Putting up a vinyl fence, so we don't have much room for adjustment. Just need to get the holes plumb since we are using a 9" auger. Buy the way, the PHD works better than expected in our sandy soil.

Thanks for the help. ....

Hydraulic Side Link

View my Photos
Art White

2004-06-22          89120

Try going to www.baumhydraulics.com I use them occasionally for building hydraulics for special applications. The good thing about the Kubota cylinder is you know that everything is right with it to begin with. For your applications I would consider it a near must! ....

Hydraulic Side Link

View my Photos
beagle

2004-06-22          89122

Art, I actually haven't tried my dealer. Does Kubota have a Hydraulic Side link? If I am going to pay good money for this, I would prefer Kubota. Could you give me a ball park cost. Thanks ....

Hydraulic Side Link

View my Photos
DRankin

2004-06-22          89128

My top and tilt came via Gearmore and though it was spec'd for my 4115 it took quite a bit of fiddling to get it right.

If I had OEM available I would go that way. ....

Hydraulic Side Link

View my Photos
beagle

2004-06-22          89133

Thanks, going to the dealer this afternoon. I have enough fiddling to do with this fence, I need the tractor ready to work. ....

Hydraulic Side Link

View my Photos
MadRefereee

2004-06-22          89140

I assume the $287 was for the TCC side link from Integration Engineering. I purchased that one and it does have the double pilot operated check valve to prevent cylinder movement from leakage. It also has removable ends that screw on/off. I am quite pleased with the unit. ....

Hydraulic Side Link

View my Photos
beagle

2004-06-22          89143

Dealer was no help. Said I had to purchase the complete Top and Tilt kit, including the remote set ups. Otherwise he couldn't help. What's that all about? ....

Hydraulic Side Link

View my Photos
Hettric

2004-06-22          89165

Beagle,
On my lot I have sand with some veins (small) of clay. Please tell me which post hole digger you have that works well in this soil.I have a JD 755.
thanks ....

Hydraulic Side Link

View my Photos
jkjordan

2004-06-22          89166

Does anyone have a supplier for a complete top and tilt system? I have a Kubota 3830. I saw a reference here somewhere but no phone number - I sent an email request but never got an answer.

I also need to add the rear hydrolics and all. Is it best to go with Kubota'$ kit?

JKJ in Tennessee ....

Hydraulic Side Link

View my Photos
beagle

2004-06-22          89169

Hettric, got the PHD at TSC. It's a Speedco with a 9" auger. Works great in my soil, mostly sand with a small amount of clay and a lot of peat.

jk, I did the rear remotes myself. Tractorsmart has the kits, they are pretty expensive. I added two remote cicuits for $250. Got the valves, hoses, fittings, plugs, ect. at Surpluscenter. I used Prince stack valves so I could change the valve spools at some if I wanted to. There was a lot of discussion recently about adding circuits. Make sure you know how to plumb a power beyond circuit. You can get a diagram from the Prince Hydraulics website if you need one. Kubota has Tip and Tilt kits. Don't have any idea how much. The dealer I talked to today wouldn't sell the Tip and Tilt without selling the rear remote kit with it. I moved on. I'll build my own.

Good Lucl ....

Hydraulic Side Link

View my Photos
MadRefereee

2004-06-23          89184

For an L-series Kubota, I would go with the Kubota remotes since they integrate nicely into the tractor. The top link I would get from Carter&Carter (CCM) and the tilt link I would get from Integration Engineering (TCC).

You can get a complete kit from Integration Engineering for $1250 but the valves mount to the ROPS. See www.topandtilt.com. ....

Hydraulic Side Link

View my Photos
jkjordan

2004-06-23          89227

>See www.topandtilt.com.

Does anyone have a phone number for Integration Engineering? This is the site I emailed a request for information and got no response. I tried their web form today and got what appeared to be an error on their end. I tried directory assistance and they don't seem exist in Harrisburg IL!

A phone number, my kingdom for a phone number. (I don't actually have a kingdom, sorry)

JKJ ....

Hydraulic Side Link

View my Photos
MadRefereee

2004-06-23          89228

They could all be on vacation. I have sent several emails to them and have always got a prompt reply. I do have a phone number but I will not post it on a public forum. Send me an email and I will give it to you. ....

Hydraulic Side Link

View my Photos
beagle

2004-06-23          89241

Madfer, I visited their site today as well. How do you order parts from them. The site was somewhat informational, but didn't see a way to contact anyone. Have you dealt with these folks before? ....

Hydraulic Side Link

View my Photos
MikeD.

2004-06-23          89252

I, as well, have been trying to get an e-mail response from Intergration Engineering. I e-mailed them June 1, June 21, and yesterday, the 23rd. No good phone number either. I wonder what gives. ....

Hydraulic Side Link

View my Photos
beagle

2004-06-24          89273

Enough!! I'm building ny own. For the time I've spent screwing around looking for one, I could have had two built. Off to the barn tonight to put an end to this. Thanks for everyone's help. ....

Hydraulic Side Link

View my Photos
beagle

2004-06-24          89308

Done. Two hours, works great. Built out of a welded cylinder from a previous tractor and scrap bar stock. The PHD will be plumb this weekend. Auger on. ....

Hydraulic Side Link

View my Photos
TomG

2004-06-25          89311

Beagle: Sounds like a good result and I thought a local fabrication would work just fine. I imagine you've compared the range of the cylinder with the tilt range of the hitch. I don't know if there are mechanical stops if so whether they'd take full system pressure. If it's an issue I have a vague recollection that external stops could be added. I hope leak down isn't a problem and likely not since it shouldn't take too long to did a hole, but my auger will bang the hitch around if I'm not careful. ....

Hydraulic Side Link

View my Photos
beagle

2004-06-25          89314

Checked all the clearances through full range last night. The cylinder has a 5" stroke, and I fabricated the lift arm clevis so I would be level accross the arms at the center of the stroke. My remote valves have load checks, so any minor drift I get shouldn't effect the PHD. I am a little concerned about all the banging around the the 3-point gets from the PHD, but this is a pretty stout cylinder. I've used it to operated the lift throw arm on a dozer blade. I think she can take it.

Besides, I did't spend a dime on the entire set-up, so Ms. Beagle is pretty happy with me. She has to take the business end of the PHD this weekend, so I needed a way to plumb it easily.

Thanks for your input Tom. ....

Go Top Go Top

Share This
Share This

Member Login