Go Bottom Go Bottom

B7800 Throttle

View my Photos
beagle
TractorPoint Premium Member -- 5 Tractors = Very Frequent Poster  View my Photos  Pics

2004-06-06          87870

The throttle lever on my 7800 is so stiff that I have a hard time setting the rpms where I want them. I have to really crank on the thing to get it to move. Anyone else have this problem, and if so, what is the best way to free it up? My neighbor has a 7800 and his throttle lever is smooth. Help

Reply to | Quote Post Reply to PostQuote Reply | Add PhotoAdd Photo

B7800 Throttle

View my Photos
kubotaguy
TractorPoint Premium Member -- 5 Tractors = Very Frequent Poster

2004-06-07          87927

My 7800 throttle is very tight as well. I just chalked it up to being new. I sort of bump it with my hand but like you said, it is tough to fine tune the rpms. I'm open for suggestions as well. ....

B7800 Throttle

View my Photos
beagle
TractorPoint Premium Member -- 5 Tractors = Very Frequent Poster  View my Photos  Pics

2004-06-07          87936

I would have thought this to be normal, except my neighbors machine has even less hours on it than mine, and his moves very smoothly. I've tried getting at the linkage to see what's up, but you have to remove the cowl to get at it. Hoping someone can help us out. If not, I'm going to have to hit the weight machine to operate my throttle lever. I'm sure there is an answer to this. ....

B7800 Throttle

View my Photos
beagle

2004-06-07          87994

With all the experience on this site, isn't there someone who has had to free up a sticky throttle lever? Can anyone help a couple 7800 owners out here? These things are really hard to set right. ....

B7800 Throttle

View my Photos
TC35driver

2004-06-08          88107

Just did some window shopping for a new 7800. Maybe I should consider keeping my New Holland ? How do you guys like your Kubota otherwise ? Any other problems ? ....

B7800 Throttle

View my Photos
kubotaguy

2004-06-09          88122

I love my 7800. It has done everything I have asked it to and more. But with like anything you buy, you are going to find some little quirks. A tight throttle is not that big of a deal but it would be nice to have it loosened up some. I figured it would loosen up over time but I have just under 100 hours on mine and it is just as tight. Other than that, I have been very impressed with the machine. ....

B7800 Throttle

View my Photos
beagle

2004-06-09          88123

I agree with kubotaguy. This is a great tractor, love it. The only thing I am trying to do is get the throttle loosened up. It has been more than I even expected, and would not trade it for any other tractor, and I did a lot of shopping around before I bought this. I know there is a simple answer out there for the sticky throttle problem. ....

B7800 Throttle

View my Photos
reh138

2004-06-09          88139

I have a B7800 also and it sticks at 1500 rpm. Hoping it will loosen up over time. Have 110 hours on tractor, runs great other wise. Bob ....

B7800 Throttle

View my Photos
crawdad

2004-06-09          88141

My B2910 is tight as well and so was my B2400.
I guess it better than flopping in the wind!

B7800 Throttle

View my Photos
kevinj54

2004-06-09          88160

Open the dash near the throttle. Most of the newer machines have friction disks which are adjustable. I think it is better to be too tight than have the throttle move on its own. ....

B7800 Throttle

View my Photos
beagle

2004-06-09          88173

kevin, opening the dash near the throttle is part of the issue. The dash doesn't open at the throttle, nor is there really a dash. There is a cowl and a bonnet that house the instrument panel and controls. Good luck getting inside either one of these pieces. I have ordered a shop manual to figure out the corrrect procedure for removing the cowl. From the parts manual, I don't see a friction plate, any more than a lock nut and washer on the throttle stem.

Not looking for a throttle lever that flops in the breeze. Looking for a lever that isn't so stiff that it is impossible to set the rpms were you want them. By the time you crank on it hard enough to move it, you are jumping 500 rpm. I know this can be adjucted because my neighbors is so smooth.

I'd hate to think I have to contact the dealer for something that should be so easy to solve on my own. Thanks for the comments. ....

B7800 Throttle

View my Photos
kevinj54

2004-06-09          88180

I think the nut and washer you see is the friction disk. If you can get to that nut just loosen it a small amount. I had to back it off a little on my BX but it was easy to do. ....

B7800 Throttle

View my Photos
beagle

2004-06-09          88195

Thanks, I'll se if I can get to it from under the trator. That would be my first approach from what I see in the parts manual. I'll give it a try tommorow and see if I can get to it without dismantling the tractor. Thanks again. ....

B7800 Throttle

View my Photos
Art White

2004-06-10          88225

I can't remember having one that we have had to adjust in quite a while. The last one we did a short time later they complained of it being to loose. The dash board is the easiest access to what's under it but if the linkage is lumpy I might be checking it out to see if there might be something that is rubbing on it for one reason or the other. Take a look under the hood at the bottom right below your brakes and you will find the adjustment where you don't need to remove anything just stick a socket on it and adjust. But do look for another reason before jumping the gun here! ....

B7800 Throttle

View my Photos
kevinj54

2004-06-10          88228

Thanks for clarifying exactly where the disk is on the 7800. ....

B7800 Throttle

View my Photos
beagle

2004-06-10          88231

Thanks Art. I checked the other linkage and everything seems to be fine. The stiffness is definitely in the stem. I didn't look under the hood, I'll try that tonight. I looked under the tractor and can see the flange and jamb nut, but can't get at them. I'll look under the hood tonight. Thanks again. ....

B7800 Throttle

View my Photos
Art White

2004-06-10          88236

The piece you need is right by the right side of the dash at the bottom. Do look for a tight area on the rest of the linkage first. ....

B7800 Throttle

View my Photos
beagle

2004-06-11          88303

Well, made an attempt at the throttle linkage last night. The only access to the spring washers and lock nut is from under the cowl. Even after getting the cowl out of the way enough to see the nut and jamb nut, more disassembly of the brake and speed control linkage would be required to do a proper job of setting the friction properly.

My advise after two hours in the barn having fun with this, the cure is worse than the disease. Live with the stiff throttle linkage, adjusting it it a nightmare. ....

B7800 Throttle

View my Photos
Art White

2004-06-11          88337

GO undder the right hand of the platform by the brake petals. The double nut on the bottom of the shaft needs to be loosened to make your adjustment. If you spend more then five minutes doing it after you get out the right size wrench you've had to many cold ones! ....

B7800 Throttle

View my Photos
beagle

2004-06-13          88432

Started exactly there. Have you been under the platform and seen exactly what you are up gaginst from theat angel. To get two wrenches in place to properly tighten the set nut to the jamb nut was a piece of nuckle gymnastics I was not able to porform. It is awfully busy under there with speed control linkage and throttle linkage. I just couldn't get a proper position without going through the cowl.

Not doubting it can be done that way. My figers and tools couldn't do it. Make sure you have the right set of metric wrenches. You need a very slender 12mm wrench to hold the jamb nut while turning the set nut. ....

Go Top Go Top

Share This
Share This

Member Login