Go Bottom Go Bottom

KUBOTA HYDRO RANGE

View my Photos
putput
TractorPoint Premium Member -- 5 Tractors = Very Frequent Poster

2004-06-03          87685

I HAVE A L3010 HYDRO AND FOR THE FIRST TIME HAD TO MOVE IT SOME DISTANCE ON THE ROAD. WHEN USING LOW AND MEDIUM RANGES NEVER HAD A PROBLEM,WHEN USING HIGH RANGE TRACTOR FLYS BY JUST TOUCHING HYDRO PEDAL, IF YOU PUSH THE PEDAL ANY FURTHER ENGINE STALLS OR RPMS DROP FAST. THIS ALL OCCURS ON THE LEVEL.DOES ANYONE KNOW WHAT MIGHT BE WRONG?

Reply to | Quote Post Reply to PostQuote Reply | Add PhotoAdd Photo

KUBOTA HYDRO RANGE

View my Photos
DRankin
TractorPoint Premium Member -- 5 Tractors = Very Frequent Poster  View my Photos  Pics

2004-06-04          87715

Sounds like standard HST "feedback" to me.

The engine/tranny is telling you where it's maximum power and speed are in relation to its weight and load.

To put it in perspective, the base weight on your 3010 is 1000 pounds heavier than a B2910 with the same engine and is geared "taller" in high range to boot.

I am surprised it runs as fast as it does. ....

KUBOTA HYDRO RANGE

View my Photos
putput

2004-06-04          87761

SEEMS LIKE POOR DESIGN. ON THE LEVEL IN HIGH RANGE ,THE TRACTOR SHOULD GO FROM NOTHING TO ITS FULL SPEED DEPENDING ON THE HYDRO PEDAL. WEIGHT AND POWER OF THE TRACTOR SHOULD BE CONSIDERED BY THE "ENGINEEERS". IF MY ONLY CHOICE IS FULL SPEED OR STALLING, ITS GOING TO BE DANGEROUS TRANSPORTING ON THE ROAD. IF I KNEW THIS WHEN I BOUGHT IT ,I WOULDN'T OF GOT IT . SHOULD OF DONE MORE ROAD TESTS(HIGH RANGE),BUT TRUSTED KUBOTA TO KNOW WHAT THEY WERE DOING. ....

KUBOTA HYDRO RANGE

View my Photos
HuckMeat

2004-06-04          87765

Sounds like you need to speed up the engine RPM to match the task better. What engine RPM do you run when things work normally in low/medium, and are you adjusting it for the different task? I usually run about 2400 or so for loader work, a point that keeps the engine from lugging but gives me good workability. I suspect to go fast I'd need to raise that, plus the range lever change. ....

KUBOTA HYDRO RANGE

View my Photos
Art White
TractorPoint Premium Member -- 5 Tractors = Very Frequent Poster  View my Photos  Pics

2004-06-05          87770

Chances are it won't carry you at an idle and a full petal. But why you would want to operate a tractor like that I wouldn't know as it increases the risk of cavitation of the pumps and a hydro failure. ....

KUBOTA HYDRO RANGE

View my Photos
DRankin

2004-06-05          87784

There are some unanswered issues here:

I made the assumption you are "roading" it at full throttle but you didn't actually say that, and....

What are you lugging along for the ride? loaded tires? a backhoe? ....

KUBOTA HYDRO RANGE

View my Photos
blizzard

2004-06-05          87792

Putput,
Just for the hellofit I just tried my L3130HST in High range, with loader and counterweight. It sounds as if your pedal/transmission may need adjusting, as from 1600 to max RPM I was able to start smoothly and speed up nicely on hard level ground, though power was definately marginal at the low RPM. I'd be giving my dealer a call...
bliz ....

KUBOTA HYDRO RANGE

View my Photos
putput

2004-06-16          88686

WELL THE DEALER CHECKED THE TRACTOR AND BASICALLY SAID THERE'S NOTHING TO ADJUST,AND JUST BE CAREFUL ON THE ROAD. I CAN'T UNDERSTAND WHY THE HIGH RANGE IS GEARED FOR SUCH HIGH SPEEDS THAT THE ENGINE CAN'T HANDLE.FULL PEDAL SHOULD BE ABOUT 15MPH BUT THIS THING IS SETUP TO GO FASTER THAN ANYONE WANTS AND OVERLOADS THE ENGINE.GUESS I HAVE TO LIVE WITH THEIR BAD ENGINEERING,CAN'T AFFORD TO BUY ANOTHER. IF ARE LOOKING AT THIS MODEL OF TRACTOR YOU BETTER OWN A TRAILER FOR TRANSPORT. ....

KUBOTA HYDRO RANGE

View my Photos
Murf

2004-06-16          88688

I toodle around the neighbourhood on my L4310HSTC on a regular basis, as with Blizzard's experience, my machine will start and run out smoothly in high range at not much above a high idle.

From your description of what it's doing it almost sounds like a vehicle that has tires which are far larger in circumference than the gearing can handle, resulting in the equivalent of an under-geared situation. My machine will only go at about 15 mph flat out, but even that can get rather thrilling at times, if you overlook a pothole for instance.

Check the tire size on your machine and compare it to what is recommended in the owner's manual.

Best of luck. ....

KUBOTA HYDRO RANGE

View my Photos
TNCHRIS

2004-06-16          88702

what tires do you have? what is the top speed of the tractor? what rpm are you running the engine?
if you supply this info we will try to help
Chris ....

KUBOTA HYDRO RANGE

View my Photos
shortmagnum

2004-06-16          88710

"My machine will only go at about 15 mph flat out..."

Murf, this is just another reason to get a gear tractor. My DT can do 17 mph. If we ever did a cross continent tractor rally I would have to give you a days head start to make it fair!

KUBOTA HYDRO RANGE

View my Photos
kwschumm

2004-06-16          88711

The JD manual says the 4310/4410 tractors with identical tires top out at 15.0 mph with gear trannies and 17.5 mph with the hydro, so geared machines aren't always faster. ....

KUBOTA HYDRO RANGE

View my Photos
putput

2004-06-16          88717

THE TIRES CAME AS FAR AS I KNOW ARE FROM THE FACTORY.THEY'RE LISTED AS REAR L R4 IND 420/70-24, FRONT L R4 IND 10-16.5. MAX SPEED IS THE PROBLEM, SPECS SAY 16MPH. YOU GET THERE WITH ABOUT 1/3 OF THE HYDRO PEDAL BEYOND WHICH IT TRYS TO GO FASTER AND OVER COMES THE ENGINE.I WISH FULL PEDAL WAS THE 16MPH BUT I THINK THE ENGINEERS ARE USING THE SAME HIGH GEARING AS WITH MORE POWERFUL TRACTORS OR MAYBE A RACE CAR. ....

KUBOTA HYDRO RANGE

View my Photos
Art White

2004-06-17          88724

Just ran a 3010 that I'm taking in trade, goes full hydro with no problems with the loader and three point mower on it. You have a problem!!!!!!!!!!! You have nothing in your Bio, can't help those who choose not to help themselves. ....

KUBOTA HYDRO RANGE

View my Photos
kubotaguy

2004-06-17          88735

The question has been asked several times about RPM's and you haven't answered it yet. It sounds to me as there is a problem and problems don't get fixed by blaming anyone (mainly Kubota), but rather looking for the cause.
Also take the Caps lock off as it gets annoying seeing all capital letters. ....

KUBOTA HYDRO RANGE

View my Photos
DRankin

2004-06-17          88738

Still waiting on other info too...... Like what is hanging off the tractor?????

Ditto on the CAPS: IT'S LIKE YELLING!!! ....

KUBOTA HYDRO RANGE

View my Photos
FERRARI

2004-06-17          88761

could the governor be having problems? I can not tell if motor is lugging or over speeding from info provided...

KUBOTA HYDRO RANGE

View my Photos
JParker

2004-06-17          88768

I hate to admit this, but in the interest of fixing a problem...

Have you checked the parking brake. In medium or low range if I forget to check, I may not even realize its on. In high range its quite a different story.

My B7800 does fine at almost any engine speed above idle and anywhere on the pedal with loaded tires, front end loader and 5' bush hog on highway or across field.

Still sounds like something wrong to me as well.

- JP ....

KUBOTA HYDRO RANGE

View my Photos
putput

2004-06-17          88777

Sorry for the caps,it's just a little easier for me to read. I always keep rpms to 2700 or better. I have a FEL and had a 3pt 60" snowblower on the back when they tested it. The brakes are definitely off. If I can't trust the dealer what do you do,they had no other L series hydro to test drive. Other kubota dealers are 100 mi away. I'm waiting for a reply from kubota tech support,but lost all optimism. ....

KUBOTA HYDRO RANGE

View my Photos
grassgod

2004-06-18          88788

I have a 3130 gst, but before it was ready, the dealer loaned me an hst demo he had. No sign of this problem at all & on the digital speedo, I had that machine going over 20 mph with no rear implements. I personaly would make the 100 mile trip to the next dealer & hopefully he is more compitent. ....

Go Top Go Top

Share This
Share This

Member Login