Go Bottom Go Bottom

Brands of oil used

View my Photos
Robert
TractorPoint Premium Member -- 5 Tractors = Very Frequent Poster

1999-10-13          8747

Would like to know what brands of oil people are using in their Kubotos. I have a B2100 and getting near the first oil change. Most of the oil on the shelves in auto stores are labeled for gasoline engines only. I currently use Mobil 1 in my motorcycle and truck. Don't want to get into the synthetic oil and natural oil debate. Would like to know what others are using.

Reply to | Quote Post Reply to PostQuote Reply | Add PhotoAdd Photo

Brands of oil used

View my Photos
Mike S.

1999-10-13          8749

In both of my previous Kubotas, I used Mobil Delvac 30 wt., which at the time was one of the more popular diesel oils for ag use. Delvac has been replaced in popularity in the Kansas City area by Shell Rotella 15w40, which I use in my Deere compact diesel. Rotella is very easy to find in the midwest. ....

Brands of oil used

View my Photos
Bird Senter

1999-10-13          8751

Robert, I decided to go with the Delo 400 in my B2710. Both Delo 400 and the Shell Rotella are easy to find in central Texas. I found both at Wal-Mart. ....

Brands of oil used

View my Photos
PaulB

1999-10-13          8753

I did my 50 hour service about a month ago on my B1700. I went to my dealer and bought what he had on the shelf, which in my case was Case diesel oil . Thats what they put in the machine when I bought it, and it satisfies all of the warrantee requirements of Kubota. I would imagine that every JD dealer sells JD oil, every New Holland dealer sells New Holland oil, etc, and that they are all made by the same company! ....

Brands of oil used

View my Photos
Roger L.

1999-10-13          8766

I have gone to Shell Rotella 15w40 for every engine that I have. Roger ....

Brands of oil used

View my Photos
Frank Taylor

1999-10-13          8767

I use Shell Rotella 15w40 in my diesel truck and my B2400. Buy it by the case at Wal-Mart. I save the Mobil 1 for the gas engines. ....

Brands of oil used

View my Photos
greg h.

1999-10-14          8774

believe it or not you can safely use mobil 1 in your tractor. i recently bought a 4310 and found in the book it only requires cd rated oil. that is an obsolete spec that was replaced basically by cf rating. guess what, mobil 1 exceeds cf rating according to mobil. and looking on the bottle also confirms that.it sould make your choice a little easier.Good luck with your new tractor. hope you enjoy yours as much as i enjoy mine.Greg harrison ....

Brands of oil used

View my Photos
MichaelSnyder

1999-10-14          8781

Robert,Regardless of the oil you choose, Please don't forget to consider the filter brand just the same, if not more. You can have the best oil in the world, but without a filter, capable of filtering particles at LEAST down to 10-20 Microns you might as well use that extra money elsewhere. Like most industries, Only a few manufacturer's are responsible for producing the hundreds of different brands that actually exist. Obviously they build em to the specs of the seller ie:mobil,quaker state,Kubota,ect.. You don't actually think Kubota makes oil filters do you?? Its your tractor, do as you wish. My only advise is to stay away from the Orange filters you can buy at the discount stores. There is a reason K-Mart sells em and Kubota hasn't signed them us as an OEM Manufacturer that is worthy of the Kubota Name. When I approach 50hrs, I can tell you that I'll be searching for a Fleetguard "microglass" filter. Some say they can't afford it, I say I can't afford not too!! ....

Brands of oil used

View my Photos
art

1999-10-15          8812

search no more for those filters just call 1-800-859-4483 or e-mail me. ....

Brands of oil used

View my Photos
Rodt

2000-01-30          12348

I am approaching my 50 hour change for my B2710, I plan on using Amsoil
series 3000 5W-30W oil, it exceeds all diesel specs for any Manufacturer
and while its expensive, I don't think the cost of my once a year change
will kill me. ....

Brands of oil used

View my Photos
Bill

2000-01-30          12352

I use Amsoil Series 3000 5W-30 as well. For cold weather starting (not thick as jelly) and protection ((clings to parts (no dry starts) and circulates quickly)) it can't be beat. At operating temperature, it acts like a W30 oil, for the best scaring protection. I also use the Amsoil HTF hydrolic oil. Stopped the cold weather squeels and sluggins till warm performance. I also agree with MLS that the filtration end of it is very important. If you have got garbage floating around in the journals and bearings, no mater how good the oil, synthetic or petroleum, there will be damage. I am using a two stage filter system, which filters the oil down to less than one micron. This basically gives you refinery clean oil, all the time. And using a high quality oil like Amsoil Series 3000, its the best of the best. Everyone has an opinion, and this is mine. Good luck with the new tractor, and many happy years! Bill ....

Brands of oil used

View my Photos
Bill

2000-01-30          12353

Sorry guys, Didn't read the whole thread, just the last post that showed on today. I run a New Holland, but I think the comments still hold for Kubota. They ain't that much differant. Bill ....

Go Top Go Top

Share This
Share This

Member Login