Go Bottom Go Bottom

3 Pt Hitch

View my Photos
Tommy Smith
TractorPoint Premium Member -- 5 Tractors = Very Frequent Poster

2004-06-01          87401

Does anyone know if any of the subcompacts ( JD, NH, MF,ect ) have 3 pt hitches w/ telescoping arms or that will lift implements higher than the 6 inches the BX 2230 does? I will probably be downsizing from my L3010 soon and the 3 pt hitch on the BX 2230 I am looking at drives me NUTS!

Reply to | Quote Post Reply to PostQuote Reply | Add PhotoAdd Photo

3 Pt Hitch

View my Photos
drcjv.
TractorPoint Premium Member -- 5 Tractors = Very Frequent Poster  View my Photos  Pics

2004-06-01          87404

My TC33 has telescopic arms. ....

3 Pt Hitch

View my Photos
Art White
TractorPoint Premium Member -- 5 Tractors = Very Frequent Poster  View my Photos  Pics

2004-06-01          87408

There are no companies that are producing extendable links for the Sub-compacts. When purchasing ground engaging tools look for Catagory O/1 and you will have no trouble. We have been putting augers, tillers and most all attachments on the BX series. Pieces from your L will need the full B-series to work. ....

3 Pt Hitch

View my Photos
petushead

2004-06-01          87409

I have a B2910 which I am begining to like for use on my lawn, however, the 3ph is not nearly as strong as it should be. In fact, I put on a small chisel plow and bent on of the stabalizer arms this weekend. The metal is so thin for a cat 1. This tractor was purchased because it has telescope arms but the strength is lacking compared to the L series. ....

3 Pt Hitch

View my Photos
Murf

2004-06-01          87417

Petus, the only way I can see you bending a stabilizer with a ground-engaging implement is to turn a corner with it still in the ground, if you do that you bend something everytime, on ANY machine.

A stabilizer is jst there to keep the 3pth centered, it's not intended, nor will it, take the force of the machine turning with an implement still in the earth.

Cat. 1 is a SIZE standard, not a load standard, it only sets out width and height, not capacity.

All mechanisms and linkages on anything are designed with a design capacity in mind. If your tractor is about 30hp that is all the implement needs to be able to handle.

Best of luck. ....

3 Pt Hitch

View my Photos
Tommy Smith

2004-06-01          87440

Thanks, I plan to stay w/ Kubota ( that orange has kinda grown on me ), I will just hafta get used to the fact I am not in "L" series land anymore. ....

3 Pt Hitch

View my Photos
Tommy Smith

2004-06-01          87468

Has anybody had experience w/ the Simplicity "Regency XL "? They seem extremly heavy duty. ....

3 Pt Hitch

View my Photos
DRankin

2004-06-01          87473

Did you mean the Legacy XL?

I have looked at one and was favorably impressed. The 4wd model can be equipped with a front loader and a backhoe. ....

3 Pt Hitch

View my Photos
Tommy Smith

2004-06-02          87498

Legacy it is. The 2WD model I saw ( 2003 model ) had a drive train to rival most compact tractors, VERY beefy. The 20 HP liquid cooled Kawasaki seemed a bit under powered though. I think the 4WD has a 27HP. ( both gas engines ) ....

3 Pt Hitch

View my Photos
DRankin

2004-06-02          87504

The four wheel drive comes with three engine options, two gas and a diesel. ....

Link:   

Click Here

3 Pt Hitch

View my Photos
petushead

2004-06-04          87713

Murf,

The dealer made a visit...as it turns out the factory put the telescopic arms on backwords this is why the stabalizing bar bent. I must now must wait till next wednesday till I can plow because the dealer does not have the part and had to order it....guess this was missed during the "inspection." Sure hope I did not get a lemon or "orange" in this case. ....

Go Top Go Top

Share This
Share This

Member Login