Go Bottom Go Bottom

Kubota braking

View my Photos
petushead
TractorPoint Premium Member -- 5 Tractors = Very Frequent Poster

2004-05-10          85636

Should my HST kubota roll foward on a hill with my foot off any pedals? How do I stop the noise my loader joystick makes...it rattles/vibrates and I can not figure out how to stop the noise..

Reply to | Quote Post Reply to PostQuote Reply | Add PhotoAdd Photo

Kubota braking

View my Photos
beagle
TractorPoint Premium Member -- 5 Tractors = Very Frequent Poster  View my Photos  Pics

2004-05-10          85683

Yes, it will roll on a grade. Use the parking break if you leave the seat.

The only way I can keep my joystick linkage from rattling is by keeping my hand on the stick. I plan to look into it further to see if there isn't some other tweeking I can do. From what I have heard, they all rattle. ....

Kubota braking

View my Photos
rklink

2004-05-10          85695

you guys are making my day, I thought I was the only one with these Kubota problems. ....

Kubota braking

View my Photos
TNCHRIS

2004-05-10          85696

just apply a small amount of reverse pedal to hold it still. the hydro is nothing like a auto tranny and this will not cause it to heat. it has a varible disp pump and a fixed disp motor just like a lot of industrial machinary. so the small amount of pedel will not cuase any heating.as for the rattle contact your dealer, MAKE THEM FIX IT. if the door rattled on your new truck you'd make'm fix it,right? ....

Kubota braking

View my Photos
TNCHRIS

2004-05-10          85698

is there a rubber boot on the joystick? if not could one be added? i know the shifter boots for the massey ferguson 135 are only about $5.00 each.
just an idea. ....

Kubota braking

View my Photos
petushead

2004-05-10          85699

Thanks for the help you guys!!!! I will take your advice and contact my dealer about my Kubota. So far he has been pretty good. You pay $19,000 for a machine you expect it to run perfect. I will not take "no" for an answer he WILL fix it..it drives me nuts. Also, I have noticed the seat on this unit seems very weakly hinged and moves sloppy from side to side on the slides..has anyone had problem with these seats breaking at the welds? ....

Kubota braking

View my Photos
petushead

2004-05-10          85701

I was not very specific on just what unit I have:

Kubota B2910 (2004)
LA402 loader
Kubota MMM 60"

Your help would be appreciated. ....

Kubota braking

View my Photos
beagle
TractorPoint Premium Member -- 5 Tractors = Very Frequent Poster  View my Photos  Pics

2004-05-10          85706

I have the B7800, which is the same tractor as the B2910 without some of the creature features. I'm not sure what the issue is you are going to push with the dealer. The hydro transmission does exactly what it is supposed to do. The rattling from the loader joystick is the linkage for the single lever spool controls. These controls do have rubber boots. The rattling is the cross linkage.

As far as the seat, you made my day. One of the Premium Features of the B2910 over the B7800 is that you get a deluxe seat. Doesn't sound like the deluxe seat is any stiffer than the standard seat. Actually, I find it quite comfortable. ....

Kubota braking

View my Photos
kwschumm

2004-05-10          85711

Sometimes there seems to be an expectation that the fit and finish on a $20k tractor should be the same as on a car. I'd like to see that, too, but it's just not the case. Tractors have rattles and noises and fit and finish issues that would never be acceptable on a new car. Sometimes you just have to live with it or figure out a creative fix on your own. ....

Kubota braking

View my Photos
beagle

2004-05-10          85712

The creative noodling, fixing, and creating those solutions is part of what makes CUT owning enjoyable. We all want well engineered machinery that will perform. But some of the minor issues that need to be dealt with can be remedied better for the owner, by the owner. ....

Kubota braking

View my Photos
TNCHRIS

2004-05-10          85715

if it's in the cross linkages then how about a wafer spring? looks like a pringle chip with a hole. ford uses them on brake pedal supports. ....

Kubota braking

View my Photos
petushead

2004-05-11          85744

I would think "noodling" would void the warranty. I think I will talk with my dealer just to see if anything can be done. If not for the seat and the joystick this tractor is really quite impressive..very strong machine. ....

Kubota braking

View my Photos
petushead

2004-05-11          85745

I would think "noodling" would void the warranty. I think I will talk with my dealer just to see if anything can be done. If not for the seat and the joystick this tractor is really quite impressive..very strong machine. ....

Kubota braking

View my Photos
petushead

2004-05-11          85746

Kubota braking

View my Photos
petushead

2004-05-11          85747

Kubota braking

View my Photos
petushead

2004-05-11          85749

Kubota braking

View my Photos
petushead

2004-05-11          85750

Kubota braking

View my Photos
petushead

2004-05-11          85751

Kubota braking

View my Photos
petushead

2004-05-11          85752

Kubota braking

View my Photos
petushead

2004-05-11          85753

Kubota braking

View my Photos
petushead

2004-05-11          85754

Kubota braking

View my Photos
petushead

2004-05-11          85755

Kubota braking

View my Photos
beagle

2004-05-11          85764

Read your warranty. You cetainly don't want to do anything not recommended by the manufacturer. But solving the little issues with the tractor and making it comfortable for you will not void the warranty. ....

Kubota braking

View my Photos
Art White

2004-05-12          85840

For what you guys are calling noodling I call it customization for the owners perogitive. This is nothing new and has been going on for as long as I can remember. I used to put my own new sleds together or take them apart after I got them as they were never quite right, never saw the clutches that were adjusted right. I used to do just about everything I bought that way. I've yet to see a perfect machine altough some just give you better components to work with. ....

Go Top Go Top

Share This
Share This

Member Login