Go Bottom Go Bottom

3-point carry-all

View my Photos
jarndt
TractorPoint Premium Member -- 5 Tractors = Very Frequent Poster  View my Photos  Pics

2004-04-19          83584

Can anyone tell me where I might find a 3-point carry-all type attachment with a "dump bed" feature? I swear I've seen something like this, I just can't seem to find it again. All I can come up with are regular angle-iron carry-alls.

Reply to | Quote Post Reply to PostQuote Reply | Add PhotoAdd Photo

3-point carry-all

View my Photos
TNCHRIS
TractorPoint Premium Member -- 5 Tractors = Very Frequent Poster

2004-04-19          83585

TSC shows one in their cat, i have never seen one they do not stock here. what i do is just take the top link loose and then lift the arms then reconnect top link ,have dumped many a load of rock this way. ....

3-point carry-all

View my Photos
jarndt
TractorPoint Premium Member -- 5 Tractors = Very Frequent Poster  View my Photos  Pics

2004-04-19          83587

Removing the top link pin to dump is a great idea. Thanks. I looked through the TSC online catalog and couldn't find anything other than a regular carry all. Is this something that is only in their print catalog? To clarify, I am basically looking for something to effectively replace a little utility dump cart. The lower links on my BX hit the front of the dump cart when turning because the drawbar on the trailer is too short. Additionally, I hate backing that little thing because the wheelbase is so short. A dumper that attaches directly to the tractor to carry light loads would be ideal. ....

3-point carry-all

View my Photos
Murf

2004-04-19          83601

They make exactly what you are describing, it is called a "Utility Dump Box".

It is basically the box of a dump cart like you would put behind your lawn tractor, but it sits on the 3pth and has a gravity dump feature. The link below goes to the distributor here in Canada for them.

Best of luck. ....

Link:   Utility Dump Box

3-point carry-all

View my Photos
Chief

2004-04-19          83602

Have you looked at a Mity Dump? ....

Link:   click here

3-point carry-all

View my Photos
Murf

2004-04-19          83604

It is basically the same thing but bigger, much bigger. I suspect that a 471 pound dump box of those dimensions on a BX1500 would make it a little 'gravationally challenged' in the front end.

It would be kind of nifty on a bigger machine though, I wonder what the logic of the 'skids' underneath is ?

Best of luck. ....

3-point carry-all

View my Photos
Chief

2004-04-19          83609

Good call Murf! ;o) I can see where that might be a just a trifle "weighty" for a BX1500. The other option is to buy or fabricate a 3 pt. trailer hitch and insert a hitch haul (I think TSC sells them, the ones that insert on the trailer hitch of the truck/car) Another option might be a Johnny Bucket but they go on the front. ....

Link:   Johnny Buckets

3-point carry-all

View my Photos
shortmagnum

2004-04-19          83613

Murf, I think the skids are so that you can hook it up to your pony in the winter. :-)

From the dirt dumping picture it seems that they just needed some vertical space for the hydraulics and they turned the lower framework into a skid.
Dave ....

3-point carry-all

View my Photos
Murf

2004-04-19          83623

Hook it up to my pony, now that would be a real DRAG....

Sorry, bad joke of the day.

I had thought of vertical clearance, but I would think the 3pth would accomplish that easier and reduce the tare weight as well. The hydraulics should only need a max. of about 6" but who knows, one of life's little mysteries.

Speaking of mysteries, why do they put turn signals on tractors but not brake lights ?

Best of luck. ....

3-point carry-all

View my Photos
DRankin

2004-04-20          83740

I made my own dump box by mounting a garden cart to a set of carry-all forks. Just leave the wheels off and mount the axle to the forks. Total cost..... under $400 ....

3-point carry-all

View my Photos
texbaylea
TractorPoint Premium Member -- 5 Tractors = Very Frequent Poster

2004-04-20          83757

What you are looking for may be a dirt scoop. They come in 30" and 36" widths. The one I have can be hooked up to the 3pt hitch to pick up dirt in a forward or backward direction with gravity dump just by pulling a rope while in the seat. In some ways can be faster than a FEL. Say that you are cutting down a high point on your property and spreading the dirt to another location. You can do this driving in a loop, scooping up dirt on the high point and dumping on the fly in the low point and circling back for another load. You will have to come back with a rear blade or box scraper to smooth out the dumped dirt. ....

Go Top Go Top

Share This
Share This

Member Login