Go Bottom Go Bottom

Loud ATV s how about loud tractor

View my Photos
jschauml
TractorPoint Premium Member -- 5 Tractors = Very Frequent Poster

2004-04-18          83515

I am tired of hearing the neighbors ATVs running constantly. I was thinking of fabricating a straight pipe exhaust for my Kubota and wearing ear protection. Will I burn a valve with no back pressure? I wonder how long it will take them to complain after I get done mowing 5 acres once a week, tilling, and bush hogging?

Reply to | Quote Post Reply to PostQuote Reply | Add PhotoAdd Photo

View my Photos
kwschumm
TractorPoint Premium Member -- 5 Tractors = Very Frequent Poster  View my Photos  Pics

2004-04-18          83517

When my neighbors bikes get too loud I go out and fire off a couple of boxes of ammo for target practice. ....

View my Photos
JS

2004-04-18          83518

Well, firearms are out. The 15 y.o. neighbor shot at my house which I caught on video and the county pressed charges on him. If I shoot my gun for whatever reason they will find a reason the get sheriff out there to get back at me. ....

View my Photos
DRankin
TractorPoint Premium Member -- 5 Tractors = Very Frequent Poster  View my Photos  Pics

2004-04-18          83519

Oh. THOSE kind of neighbors.

Most jurisdictions have "quiet hours" ..... are they violating that precept?

Other than that, the only thing I can think of would be if they are operating the machine off the property and might be violating some spark arresting muffler statute. ....

View my Photos
kwschumm

2004-04-18          83520

If outdoor burning is allowed in your area you could always light off a slash pile when they're using their ATVs. ....

View my Photos
jschauml

2004-04-18          83526

There are no noise or other ordinances that prevents either one of use from making noise or anything else at anytime. I don't want appear to be doing something out of spite, so I figured that I could run a straight pipe/no muffler off the tractor and I would be "getting even" the same time I am serving a purpose (mowing, tilling, etc.) We both burn brush and etc., so I don't want that to be an issue for them to use to get back at me for. ....

View my Photos
TNCHRIS

2004-04-18          83527

just buy a massey 135 diesel (their really loud stock) then put on a cherry bomb muffer. then add a radio to drown out the noise. ....

View my Photos
oneace

2004-04-18          83541

i have put stait pipes on alot of tractors with no proplems as long as there is some sort of pipe on it theat will create enough back preasure the only engines that need a mufler are two stokes. Happy revenge. ....

View my Photos
ncrunch32

2004-04-18          83552

Make sure that your revenge is subtle and part of your normal daily routine. Don't be hasty. Think about it for a while. Make sure the payback occurs over a period of months or years. It can appear to be vindictive - that's OK as long as you have a dual purpose for what you are doing. Trust me - I have years of experience in these matters. ....

View my Photos
Burger

2004-05-09          85577

The Next Door neighbors wife liked to stick her nose up over our weed patch. Now there are 47 rotary sprinkler heads buried in that yard and they deliver the new Kubota BX2230 with the 60" MMM thursday. what used to take all day with a 38" deck will now take about two hours, if that.
I LOVE automatic sprinklers.

View my Photos
ncrunch32

2004-05-21          86544

My neighbor had 4 acres and built his house 43 feet from my property line. Then he took his L2950 Kubota and dug 2 big holes across the line on my property to get the topsoil. I figured he knew better but let him off the hook. Just told him to stay on his own property.

A couple years later he applied for a variance for a two story addition looking into my back yard. I fought against the variance for 8 months in the Town hall - lost the decision in a split vote (they waited for a board member to leave then granted the variance).

Too many things happened to discuss all of them. But since I owned most of the land between us - I put a fence up. Bought my JD4310, put a road in along the property line, cleared out the underbrush and old trees, put in a security camera, and planted nice privacy trees right on the line. Needless to say - the variance has never been used to build the addition.

I can tell you other stories as well where people messed with me on land issues. One surveyor ended up having his license pulled for 6 months. I never start these wars - but lots of people think if you don't act like you are top dog - then they can take advantage of you. I allow them one screwup, two strikes and you are out. You don't get 3 chances. ....

Go Top Go Top

Share This
Share This

Member Login