Go Bottom Go Bottom

L3830HST reveiw

View my Photos
TNCHRIS
TractorPoint Premium Member -- 5 Tractors = Very Frequent Poster

2004-03-28          81419

came one hair of buying a L3410GST new leftover for 12,700 trom Tractorsmart.com (my local dealer)was one fine tractor untill i drove a new HST so on a quest for a 3830 i went. found two dealers in south that had one (Tractorsmart could not get one till summer) Corriher tractor inc (sister co to Corriher implement co) had just gotten in two, they are only 75 miles from me and priced me a L3830HST with r4 tires and folding rops for 16,250 plus 75 to deliver so i bought over the phone sight unseen,they assembled the tractor march 3 and del march 4. i delt with monty a real gentleman to deal with, everything went smooth and i am now the owner of a new tractor.I was looking at a 3430 at first but had two dealer tell me blindfolded i couldn't tell a L3230 from a L3430 but a L3830 was a real jump(looking at engine torque specs in owners manual i see why)having owned a massey ferguson 135 i was afraid i would not be happy with an L3130 power, and couldn't afford the L4330. i have now plowed about two acres and mowed (fd2472 landpride mower) about 7 acres. HOW DID I EVER GET ALONG WITHOUT THIS THING??? the hydrostatic transmission has cut mowing Time down 30 percent(was not sure about hst when i stated looking but with talking to many owner,dealers and research i desided on one) no tractor should be without it, if you think you don't want it DRIVE ONE, and research the old international hydros, there not automatics there hydraulic. as far as plowing this thing will out pull my MF135 diesel hand down, ithink it would pull tractor and plow both. 4wd really pulls. i have 15 hours on it so far and it has been nothing but a joy glad i made the plunge. my only wish it that kubota would make pickup trucks if their tractor are this good what would a truck be. tractorsmart will email you a link to download parts manual for free and have an online price and buying site, prices i checked( filters, wsm etc) were much cheaper then prices advetised by other dealer to be cut rate. tI know these people and they are real good poeple i will be buying all maint idems from them (Kubodas don't need repair parts)
sorry for the long post but thrilled with this MACHINE.
Chris aka TNCHRIS aka Chris mf135 {ytmag.com}

Reply to | Quote Post Reply to PostQuote Reply | Add PhotoAdd Photo

L3830HST reveiw

View my Photos
Peters
TractorPoint Premium Member -- 5 Tractors = Very Frequent Poster  View my Photos  Pics

2004-03-28          81425

Interesting post Chris for me as I am still trying to pull the trigger on the larger L. I agree the hydro is much easier on mowing. As I have an old MF I know where you have been and where you are now. ....

L3830HST reveiw

View my Photos
Art White
TractorPoint Premium Member -- 5 Tractors = Very Frequent Poster  View my Photos  Pics

2004-03-29          81512

You could get a Kubota RTV900 with cab,stereo and heat! ....

L3830HST reveiw

View my Photos
jkjordan

2004-04-12          82844

Chris,

I see you are in upper East TN. Kingsport or so? I'm near Knoxville (bought a farm north of Clinton) and got my 3830HST in Nov.

I also thought about getting the 3430 vs the 3130 and decided there was not enough difference. I'm glad I went with the 3830 - plenty of power and the hydro makes it a joy to use. I've got the Kubota FEL, Rhino backhoe, 6' bushhog, yard box, rake, 7' blade, boom, and PHD.

I've got about 70 hrs on it so far and the only trouble I've had was self-inflicted - I was pulling some brush with the rake and let a big stick come up underneath and pop the valve stem off a rear tire. Made so much noise blowing antifreeze out of the tire I would have jumped off my seat if I hadn't had the seat belt on. The valve stems on the front wheels have protectors welded around them but the back stems are naked - I wonder why? After I jacked up the tractor the biggest problem was getting the tire into my pickup; the automobile tire shop a couple of miles down the road fixed it in an hour.

The only thing I don't like about this tractor is the lighting: no rear lights (seems like a universal problem) and the front lights are about useless with the FEL. They need to build lights into the roll bar - I'll add some when I get time.

JKJ ....

L3830HST reveiw

View my Photos
NMessick

2004-04-12          82848

FYI, tractor smarts parts prices should be the same as pretty well every other Kubota dealer. They sell at Kubota's suggested pricing, there is no extra discount. ....

L3830HST reveiw

View my Photos
TNCHRIS

2004-04-13          83015

NMessisk are you offering to sell us parts at 75percent of list. if not please don't slam their price and ease of ordering from their website (you should check them out at tractorsmart.com) , they will even give you a link for a complete parts breakdon, i've not seen you post any dreakdown links. besides i'm by there once a day and pick up what i need in person THESE ARE GOOD PEOPLE they only sell kubota not just anything the truck drops off like some dealer. no i do not or have not ever worked for them and have never even recieved a thank you for recommending them they don't know. ....

Link:   buy you kubota part here

L3830HST reveiw

View my Photos
TNCHRIS

2004-04-13          83016

hey Art top speed to slow.saw a sight for a kit car with kubota engine got 128 mpg and 85 mpg at 65mph cruising. ....

L3830HST reveiw

View my Photos
TNCHRIS

2004-04-13          83019

jkjordan;
i'm in Elizabethton.
you can get a wiring harness that plugs to that extra plug by the seat for rear work lights part number TD060-39910 i price online i think it was about $6.50 or so. i'm not sure if this wire is hot all the time or on switch, i bought a servise manual off ebay, i'll look it up and let you know. give me a hollar if you need any info from manual.
Chris ....

L3830HST reveiw

View my Photos
NMessick

2004-04-14          83077

Did I say anything about their online parts catalogs? No...
Its a terribly time consuming process to do that and I hope its working out for them.

I simply pointed out that they sell at Kubota's suggest pricing. Which they do, its not any cheaper than any other Kubota dealer thats not putting additional markup on their parts. Why bothter paying shipping?

Funny that your from Elizabethtown, I am from Elizabethtown, PA.

L3830HST reveiw

View my Photos
jonathanengr

2004-04-14          83092

Where can I find torque info on the Grand-L series? I looked at the specifications page on the Kubota website but no mention was made re:torque. I'm looking to buy a 3430 with cab, and the next step up (with cab) is a 4630. I just don't know if I can justify the $5000 additional for the jump to the 4630. ....

L3830HST reveiw

View my Photos
jkjordan

2004-04-15          83216

>wiring harness...

I asked my dealer and he told me about the plug but not about the wiring harness. I ordered a service manual a week or so ago so if it's there I can probably look it up. Thanks.

JKJ ....

Go Top Go Top

Share This
Share This

Member Login