Go Bottom Go Bottom

L3430 Hydraulic Top Link Recommendation

View my Photos
GSV40U
TractorPoint Premium Member -- 5 Tractors = Very Frequent Poster

2004-02-07          76236

I'm planning on adding a hydraulic top link to my newly purcased L3430. Any suggestions as to length, brand, model, etc.? The tractor has remote hydraulics. Thanks

Greg

Reply to | Quote Post Reply to PostQuote Reply | Add PhotoAdd Photo

View my Photos
Art White
TractorPoint Premium Member -- 5 Tractors = Very Frequent Poster  View my Photos  Pics

2004-02-07          76268

Why not the Kubota unit? ....

View my Photos
GSV40U

2004-02-07          76286

Art:

Golly...sometimes a thing is so obvious it gets overlooked-I'll talk to my dealer. I've read about various custom TnT installations with cylinders, valves, etc. from other sources. I think all I need is the cylinder and hoses since I already have the remotes? Does the Kubota cylinder come with check valves? Do I need this? Any idea of a list (ballpark) price? Thanks for the reminder.

Greg ....

View my Photos
Ironpeddler

2004-02-08          76389

Take a look at the CCM Hydraulic Toplink Cylinders. They have the check valves so the setting will stay where you put it. If you purchase a Hydraulic Cylinder without the check valve you will be constantly adjusting the cylinder because of the valve drift and bleed by.
The proper one for your tractor is 18-26", # 6003, $170, hose kit with male couplers $30. ....

Link:   Carter & Carter Machinery

Picture Link
Kubota Tractors L3430 Hydraulic Top Link Recommendation

View my Photos
TomG

2004-02-09          76414

I believe my TLC doesn't have check valves (pilot operated ones I think) and I can attest to what Ironpeddler is saying. On the other hand, most of my grading requires frequent adjustments anyway do to the nature of the ground and my obsession with shooting beautiful grades. Since I can't say how many adjustments are due to the ground itself and how many to cylinder drift I can't say how much good a cylinder with pilot valves would do me.

If I had it to do over again, I'd probably get a cylinder with the valves. I didn't know about them when I got my cylinder as part of a 3ph forklift. Who know, maybe I'll get one anyway and then my grades will be even more beautiful with less work. ....

View my Photos
dedeye
TractorPoint Premium Member -- 5 Tractors = Very Frequent Poster  View my Photos  Pics

2004-02-10          76503

If you will pardon my ignorance, My B2400 has a pair of hydro hoses hanging off the right rear of it. I believe they were used to power a wood splitter. They are currently connected together with quick couplers. Can I assume these hoses can be used with a open 2 way control valve and ram to operate hydro top link? If I am so lucky
(rare) Any recomendations as to what Northern tool ram and valve to use?
Thanks
dedeye

View my Photos
beagle

2004-02-10          76514

Deadeye, follow the hoses back and describe where they are tied to the tractor hydraulics. This would be the first step for help on how to proceed. You will want a 4-way, 3 postion valve for a log splitter, with detent in one direction. I bought my splitter parts from Northern, but want to make sure where those hoses come from before you proceed. ....

View my Photos
TomG

2004-02-10          76525

In tracing the hoses it probably will be useful to identify which end of the loader valve is the inlet and which is the outlet section. If one end has two hoses that is definitely the outlet section. If one rear hose goes to the outlet section and the other goes to a block then you almost certainly have a power-beyond connection. I'd be surprised if the hook up is anything else since the quick-connects are connected together--that hose shouldn't be removed unless unless a valve is attached. PB connections can be made ahead of a loader valve but they aren't too common.

My rear hoses go to a third control valve on my loader valve and they don't require a hose to connect them together. I could operate a splitter directly from my rear outlets since it's valve controlled. Many splitters have their own valves and a PB connection is better.

There are a few other connections for the rear hoses that are possible. We'll get back to them if the hose tracing doesn't seem like anything described. A valve like Beagle mentioned is likely what's needed but it should be PB rated for the hookup I first described. An alternative with some risk is just to make sure the 3ph never goes into lift mode while the splitter valve is operated.

View my Photos
dedeye

2004-02-10          76528

On top of the rearend housing there are two pipes 1/4 in. I'd guess that are attatched to a block that both hoses come from.

My wish is that I could mount a control valve somewhere within reach and use a hydro ram for a top link to adjust box blade while grading. I also have built a 3 pt hitch box out of a lawn mower wagon that would dump nicely if this ram idea pans out.
Thanks
Dan ....

View my Photos
beagle

2004-02-10          76565

OK, you need to make sure which is inlet and which is outlet before going further. Your manual should show the rear hydraulic block, and identify which is which. I'm not that familiar with the 2400, so if someone knows different, be sure to comment. You sure don't want to hook the block outlet to the valve inlet. Big touble.

A 3.5" ram operating at 2000psi will give you 19240lbs.,
and require .8 gallons of fluid at 18" stroke, plus lines

A 4" ram operating at 2000psi will give you 25130lbs., and require 1.05 gallons of fluid at 18" stroke. Get familiar with the reservoir capacity in the tractor and make sure you have the fluid available. ....

View my Photos
Art White

2004-02-10          76567

Dedeye they might have been to a valve on a wood splitter like what you want to add. I would not get to excited over the wood it might split. For a hydralic top link or a double valve to also run the drop link would be ideal. ....

View my Photos
dedeye

2004-02-10          76591

Art
I am looking into using these hydro lines for a hydraulic top link for my box blade. I just can't find enough ways to break my tractor!

The more research I do on this the more confused I become.
If I am getting anything from this discussion I should be O.K. power/flow wise to use this hydro source for the top link. I must install a control valve somewhere in the flow. I assume the control valve needs to be open (by pass) when in neutral position. I guess my confusion comes from what type of valve this needs to be. 4 way, 2 way etc?

The ram needs to have a valve on it so as not to allow it to move from where it is set? Any help here certainly appreciated.
Dan

View my Photos
beagle

2004-02-10          76593

Sorry dedeye, didn't mean to confuse the issue by missing the part of your question. Didn't realize you were working on a top link, just picked up on the splitter comment and confused it with a different thread. 4-way, 3 position valve for the top link also. Output from tractor block to input of valve, output valve to return on block, just be sure you know which is which on block. Strange that quick connects are on lines. You should not have quick connects on the suction side of the valve. Hard connect hydro-block to valve, quick conn from work ports on valve to cylinder. Kubota or Carter have hydro top links. ....

View my Photos
GSV40U

2004-02-10          76599

Ironpeddler:

Thanks for the information. I was unsure of the retracted/extended length needed.

Greg ....

View my Photos
TomG

2004-02-11          76618

Sounds like a factory PB kit but it'd be good if the description is recognized by somebody who knows the tractor. If it is the the connecting hose may be needed to complete the return path when a valve isn't connected. A test might sort things out.

If the hose is removed and the tractor started the engine would labour under full throttle and the relief valve would open. The pressure side would be at full system pressure and a hose under pressure often can be felt to stiffen. A tractor shouldn't be run for long in this condition. Identification of the pressure and return ports from a manual would be very good. Ports on valves usually are stamped with 'P' or 'IN' for the pressure side.

I think splitter valves are a bit specialized but a common valve that would work for a top link should do too badly. It may require a more operator attention though. A valve with a regenerative feature (used on fast dump loader circuits) might speed up splitter work a bit. ....

Go Top Go Top

Share This
Share This

Member Login