Go Bottom Go Bottom

bad and good news about my kubota

View my Photos
itsgottobegreen
TractorPoint Premium Member -- 5 Tractors = Very Frequent Poster  View my Photos  Pics

2004-02-02          75798

Bad news I just noticed that my la 302 loader bucket is torqued or twisted. I hit rock at the end of a customers drive way while plowing snow. I had never done there driveway before so didn't know it was there. I was in the process of dumping and lifting while going forward at the time. Any ideas how to straighten it out. It out of wack by 3/4" on the right side from the operators seat. Its not as heavy built as my old JD955. Art do they make a heavy duty bucket for a LA302

good news i got three 3pt pieces today for $500: 84" woods rock rake, 48" massy ferguson box scraper and a 48" sovma ??? rotor tiller.

Reply to | Quote Post Reply to PostQuote Reply | Add PhotoAdd Photo

View my Photos
cutter
TractorPoint Premium Member -- 5 Tractors = Very Frequent Poster  View my Photos  Pics

2004-02-03          75882

My 2910 had two options, a 52" bucket and a 60" bucket. I am told the smaller is the heavy duty and the larger is for light material. There is some discussion in the archives about them. I have the 60" and have seen it flex under some heavy stress but don't care. If it bends I'll fix it, I don't want a smaller unit. ....

View my Photos
itsgottobegreen

2004-02-04          75984

Well i though about it real hard. (always a bad thing right) I am going to take the left side hydraulic ram off place a two by four between the bucket and the upper ram pin on the loader frame. The roll the bucket back using the right cylinder. The uneven pull should twist it back until straight. I asked a friend who repairs tractors for a living. He said he had done the same thing. Wish me luck. ....

View my Photos
kubotaguy
TractorPoint Premium Member -- 5 Tractors = Very Frequent Poster

2004-02-05          76023

green:
I hope that 84" rake is not for the 7500. I had a 72" on my 7200 and it did not do well at all. It was ok for leveling new stone but in dirt it didn't do anything but spin. ....

View my Photos
Murf

2004-02-05          76026

Not to be the spoiler in this otherwise good idea....BUT.

Green, the back-side (retract) side of any cylinder is a LOT less powerful than the extend stroke is. I would be surprised if it will tweak it back any at all.

The force of hitting something should not be under-estimated. That is why snowplows have trip-edges of some form. The momentum of even a small machine hitting something increases the force exponetially.

If you really want it straight I would think you would be better off cutting it open, straightening it and re-welding it. Expensive, but the only gauranteed fix.

Best of luck. ....

View my Photos
Art White

2004-02-05          76053

For about 60 dollars a extra cutting edge could be had that would be a great reinforcement to the bucket. Kubot only offers one bucket for that unit. ....

View my Photos
itsgottobegreen

2004-02-05          76090

Well the bucket is a little straighter. It only a 3/8" not 3/4" out of wack. I am going to weld reinforment pieces to it. I am going to take it to a buddy autobody shop and place it on his frame machine. That will straighten it out. What a light duty bucket. I might trade the whole rig to a wheeler and dealer for a JD 755 w/loader, plow, front blower, cab, and mower with 860 hours. I know the orignal owner, its looks like he started it up and let run in the drive way for about 600 hours. He drove it with great care. He doesn't even drive the ambulance over 40mph. I would have bought it right from him if i would have know he was selling its sight unseen.

Murf i got a snowplow but it isn't mounted up yet. I have the 3pt blower to plow snow with. I was just using the bucket to clean up after it.

kubotaguy It will handle it. All i need is the wheel kit. A rock rake is used after you have broken up the ground with something else. Its design to sift out the rocks and trash out of the top 2 inches at most. Not for breaking ground, thats what the rippers on a box blade are for.

Art for $20 a piece of cold rolled steel will do the same thing. Just drill the hole and bolt in. ....

View my Photos
Art White

2004-02-05          76093

I've used both and I doubt that cold rolled steel would ever be as good. The steel gives you a blunt edge which also hinders digging. ....

View my Photos
kubotaguy
TractorPoint Premium Member -- 5 Tractors = Very Frequent Poster

2004-02-06          76125

I know what the rake is used for, it just seems 84" is really pushing it for that small of a tractor. ....

View my Photos
itsgottobegreen

2004-02-06          76174

Kubotaguy If its to much, i just cut it down by 6" on each side. What i had plan to do orignally, but am going to try it this way first. I was bidding on a 8ft york rate at an auction and was going to cut it down.

Other good news that box blade came in handy with some water control today. I broke up some ice and dug a ditch with it to stop the road from flooding. ....

View my Photos
F350Lawman

2004-02-06          76175

" I hit rock at the end of a customers drive way while plowing snow. I had never done there driveway before so didn't know it was there. I was in the process of dumping and lifting while going forward at the time."

I think you jinxed me. I was wondering how in the heck you twisted it? Well...in the last 2 days I have hit the small boulders (hidden in snow mounds) at the end of my driveway while lifting and moving foward slowly to pile snow! Now I see how it COULD happen.

No damage, but it certainly reminded me of this thread. ....

View my Photos
itsgottobegreen

2004-02-06          76177

it won't happen to your tractor. It has a real bucket on it. I think i sell this one and build one my self out of 1/4" cold rolled not the 3/16"(or less) hotroll this piece of junk bucket is made from. Or buy a john deere bucket and made a quick connect set up for the loader. I think this has cause me never to buy another kubota again. Like the name reads its got to be green or else. ....

Go Top Go Top

Share This
Share This

Member Login