Go Bottom Go Bottom

Updated Kubota Website

View my Photos
Chief
TractorPoint Premium Member -- 5 Tractors = Very Frequent Poster  View my Photos  Pics

2004-01-27          75212

I just noticed this today. Maybe you have already seen it. It is about time Kubota has updated their website. Take a look around; lots of new and updated info.

Link:   click here

Reply to | Quote Post Reply to PostQuote Reply | Add PhotoAdd Photo

Updated Kubota Website

View my Photos
tamanaco
TractorPoint Premium Member -- 5 Tractors = Very Frequent Poster

2004-01-27          75243

Make sure you have a T-1 line or allot of time. I'm running a 233MZ unit and a dialup, it took me days to get the sight up? Not sure this is a good thing? ....

Updated Kubota Website

View my Photos
Art White
TractorPoint Premium Member -- 5 Tractors = Very Frequent Poster  View my Photos  Pics

2004-01-27          75253

I was like that once and it took days to do much of anything on line, they were not bad for processing internal stuff. ....

Updated Kubota Website

View my Photos
kwschumm

2004-01-27          75264

Deere's site is slow on dial-up too. Watching the pages draw shows lots of inefficiencies in their web design. Whenever a pop-up window opens the entire base window is refreshed before the pop-up window is rendered. Very dumb. I emailed their customer service to complain about the slow web performance and quickly got several responses back from different people telling me that "they hired the best people in the business to design their web site" and that "nobody else using dial-up is complaining". Seems their pretty proud of their web site, but that doesn't make it useful to me without a six-pack and lots of time to burn. It is full-featured though. ....

Updated Kubota Website

View my Photos
Art White

2004-01-28          75271

Some times I wonder that in thios great information age and the amount of it available at the finger tips that we don't get spoiled a little! ....

Updated Kubota Website

View my Photos
Art White

2004-01-28          75285

It is often disturbing but when you build someting normally you build for tommorrow, not today or yesterday. We all get left out from time to time. ....

Updated Kubota Website

View my Photos
kwschumm

2004-01-28          75291

In Deere's case I would bet that most of their customers live in rural areas. Since rural areas are the least likely to have high speed internet access one might think this would have been a design criteria. Besides, it's ALWAYS bad design to burn cycles needlessly. ....

Updated Kubota Website

View my Photos
blizzard

2004-01-28          75296

Amen Ken.
Just for kicks, I cleared all caches and reloaded myYahoo:
42,817 bytes.
To bring up the Kubota site:
479,641 bytes.
and to get to where I can look at Grand L models:
1,343,032 bytes.
Then I get a message I need a newer Macromedia Flash upgrade!

HTML is THE Web programming language. If companies were as concerned with content more than presentation those of us looking for information (as something that clarifies and/or educates, not just a stream of bits) would find the Web more useful.
bliz

Updated Kubota Website

View my Photos
plots1

2004-01-28          75299

The dial up is becoming slower and slower and I think it's designed that way so high speed access sales is bound rise. ....

Updated Kubota Website

View my Photos
blizzard

2004-01-28          75304

All well and good for the urban dweller, but out here in the boonies we don't even get cable. Unfortunately, when Ma Bell was broken up, it seems any enforcement of the 'universal access' clauses was eliminated. All these newer cable and telcom providers maximize profits, and that means NOT stringing lines to sparsely-populated areas.
bliz ....

Updated Kubota Website

View my Photos
Murf

2004-01-28          75310

According to DirecTV and their lovely spokesperson Tanya Memme on channel 103 DirecWav satellite-based high speed internet service is available ANYWHERE in the continental US, all you need is a clear view of the southern sky....... LOL

Best of luck. ....

Updated Kubota Website

View my Photos
Billy

2004-01-28          75311

LOL...don't forget about the 600 bucks for equipment and 60 a month for the service. ....

Updated Kubota Website

View my Photos
Murf

2004-01-28          75319

Maybe if you live in the US it is...... LOL

ARRGH Matey, pass me thet thar converter .......

Best of luck. ....

Updated Kubota Website

View my Photos
blizzard

2004-01-28          75321

Thanks for the info Murf,
The DirecWav/DirecTV site wasn't much help, but I found there is another wireless internet service available here. I can just barely see the top of their tower through the trees, so when I go to the big city I'll stop in and see if they will do a survey. Still expensive, though not as bad as Billy P. said.
bliz ....

Updated Kubota Website

View my Photos
kwschumm

2004-01-28          75322

Murf, there's a reason both satellite based internet services are being sued for non-performance. A lot of users pay all that money to get dial-up speeds. There's a host of other problems with them as well. Maybe WildBlue will be the answer, but I don't think they've even launched their first satellite yet. The real solution is to make all web designers work on DIAL-UP lines during development :) They would figure out how to make things faster in a big hurry. ....

Updated Kubota Website

View my Photos
Billy

2004-01-28          75324

Murf,

You mean to tell me you can get DirecWay satelite internet (in Cananda) without coughing up the money for their modem and monthly fees? ....

Go Top Go Top

Share This
Share This

Member Login