Go Bottom Go Bottom

Kubota warranty

View my Photos
grinder
TractorPoint Premium Member -- 5 Tractors = Very Frequent Poster  View my Photos  Pics

2003-12-11          70789

I recently purchased a 7500 hst in a border state. I was
wondering what if anything I needed to do about my warranty?
I e-mailed Kubota a few weeks ago and have yet to get a response. Do I need to register this purchase somehow for service locally?

Reply to | Quote Post Reply to PostQuote Reply | Add PhotoAdd Photo

Kubota warranty

View my Photos
DRankin
TractorPoint Premium Member -- 5 Tractors = Very Frequent Poster  View my Photos  Pics

2003-12-11          70809

Assuming you bought it in the US.... all you need for warranty work is a copy of the original bill of sale to establish the starting day of the warranty and the original ownership. ....

Kubota warranty

View my Photos
Art White

2003-12-11          70820

Good job Mark! ....

Kubota warranty

View my Photos
twine101
TractorPoint Premium Member -- 5 Tractors = Very Frequent Poster

2003-12-22          71976

Beware your local dealer for warranty work will check serial number to find out where and when you bought tractor.
This may put you behind dealers loyal customers. Just a thought. ....

Kubota warranty

View my Photos
Art White

2003-12-23          71989

That is normal that tractors that are sold to your regular customers would get serviced first, wouldn't you service the people first that are and have supported your buisness? I wouldn't nor have I wasted any on my peoples time to find out where a tractor came from as far as the dealer. The systems currently being used by some of the manufacturers tells us anyway. Good dealers thrive and live on service as it sells itself! ....

Kubota warranty

View my Photos
grinder

2003-12-24          72107

What's wrong with making an appt?
I think this whole service thing that is hung over your head
when buying is BULL! I would have loved to buy from my local dealer but he was $1400.00 high and would not match
my best price. Talk about stupid, he still going to make any major repairs? I don't think Kubota would look to kindly upon ANY dealer who does not represent them properly.
I don't think that a dealer would turn away warranty work.
If he does there are at least three more within travel distance. ....

Kubota warranty

View my Photos
Art White

2003-12-24          72108

Grinder, I have heard from customers that they have been turned away for warrantee work. There are times we wish we had a few more hours in a day to keep up with the flow! ....

Kubota warranty

View my Photos
Peters

2003-12-24          72116

Well Art, you just blew the lonely Kubota Service Manager myth.
Seriously most CUT dealers are making their money on implements, used tractors, parts and service. A dealer must be a very poor business man and have not idea where the lions share of his revenue is coming from to pass by a potential sale (his choice) and then treat the customer any different because he did not make more money up front. I see it happen but the small town mentality will not wash very well anymore, the customers are now better educated. ....

Kubota warranty

View my Photos
grinder

2003-12-24          72119

Art
I can understand a shop that's booked up with work,The local
dealer I'm refering to has a reputation of being very arrogant. His response to my price quote was "We aren't
going to give them away"? I think he is one of the biggest in Maine but 1400.00 bucks paid for my blower.
I love the look on the salesman face when I go in to buy things, oil change etc. I went out in the shop to ask about the install of
my block heater and there were three mechanics sweeping the
floor at 3:00 in the afternoon. there are at least 15 mechanics in this place, it's huge, JD + Kubota.
I have also been to R.S. Osgoods and Union Farm Equipment
both of which I would highly recommend,no attitude even though I didn't buy there."well maybe we will earn your business" . I asked the owner of Osgoods in Dixfield Me.
about warranty work, "bring it in anytime" no problem.
They have been there since 1930. I can see why.
Unless your limited in the amount of dealers in your area,I
still say it's a bunch of bull. But then again your on the other side of the fence.
It's not my intention to offend all dealer's. ....

Kubota warranty

View my Photos
Peters

2003-12-26          72251

Grinder;
If you read Arts posts carefully you will see he is saying the nearly same thing as you concerning his dealership. It is normal that the customer that has build a relationship with the dealer get more attention than the person that wanders in off the street to the service department. I am sure that his commercial farmers that do thousands of dollars of business with him a year are known on a first name basis. If you have bought from a saleman then you have an in at the dealer so to speak. You have a friend that hopefully has a friend in the service department. Normal human relations.
The key between a good dealer and a great dealer is the one that makes everyone in the area feel at home and treats all their customers and potential customers with respect and hospitality. This can be difficult if you have a dozen customers clammering for repairs. ....

Kubota warranty

View my Photos
Chief

2003-12-26          72255

Servicing customers off the street and sending them on their way WELL cared for and feeling they got great service at a fair price at least in my book is one of the best forms of advertising and guarantees of future sales there are. In real estate it is location, location, location. Servicing customers is attitude, attitude, attitude. ....

Kubota warranty

View my Photos
Art White

2003-12-26          72258

This is a little unique in attitude but here's how I look at a customer. We start by selling a lowwer end lawn mower maybe a 2000.dollar sale. Three or four years later they might like to move up, maybe a 6000 dollar sale. A few years go by and they spend 10,000. A few more and it's a 15000 dollar sale. Pretty soon that guy is a 50,000 dollar customer!!!! Service sells!!! Maybe were not originally involved in the original sale but we want to be there with everyones life in the food chain I'm on!!! We have many Ag customers that to us, they are million dollar customers! ....

Kubota warranty

View my Photos
kubotaguy

2003-12-26          72262

I would imagine selling a trade in would probably make you more money then selling a new tractor. I was going to trade in my B-7200DT (805 hrs.) 4X4 with 60" belly mower on my new 7800 and he only offered me $2,500 and eventually went up to $3,000. I still didn't trade it in. I have seen private owners selling them for $4,000 to $5,000 and I would imagine a dealer would sell it for more than that. I know this is pretty much true for cars, used ones make more money than new ones. ....

Kubota warranty

View my Photos
Art White

2003-12-26          72269

You are right about the allowances being low on the dealer. Many people will give the owner more for the unit off his yard then at a dealer as they feel they don't have to worry about the used car salesman. Truth be know we go thru all our trades we retail with oil and filter changes as well as checking the sdjustments. Call me within a reasonable time frame and we will straighten out anything that is not right. That is still selling them as is! Would anybody else do that? When considering trades it still works out as the bottom line is where it's at. ....

Kubota warranty

View my Photos
Burger

2004-05-09          85580

The by gone days of the Family Case Dealership taught me that Service always made more money than sales. Oh Sure, you get a salesman on fire and they pop off a couple of Big Excavator sales they might Spike up over, but Six Service bays and Five wrench twisters paid the bills. We had up to 14 mechanics at one time, but never more than three salespeople. ....

Kubota warranty

View my Photos
jarndt

2004-05-10          85639

Personally, I am willing to pay a little more for good customer service, regardless of whether it is related to an equipment purchase, or service. There is no excuse for bad customer service from a dealership. In fact it likely will cost them in the long run with dissatisfied customers. I frequent a dealer that is 15 miles out of my way, because the owner is a stand-up guy and runs an honest business. The other dealer, which I pass by on my way to and from work every day, misses out on my business due to a lack of good customer service. I'm the little guy, but I have a neighbor with a $41,000 machine, all the toys, and money to blow. He misses out on that business too for the same reason. I don't even think he realizes the damage to his own business. Good customer service is a free investment and can produce a very real return on investment visible on the bottom line. ....

Go Top Go Top

Share This
Share This

Member Login