Go Bottom Go Bottom

Building L245 FEL

View my Photos
circleh
TractorPoint Premium Member -- 5 Tractors = Very Frequent Poster

2003-12-10          70780

I have a Zen-noh 2201FD (AKA Kubota L245DT) I plan to build a FEL for it, factory model just isn't in my budget. I can handle the fabrication and welding. The only thing I have not figured out is where to tap into the hydraulics at. I know I need flow from the output side of the pump and return back to the transmission case but where/how? I am new to tractors thanks for any help you can offer.

Reply to | Quote Post Reply to PostQuote Reply | Add PhotoAdd Photo

Building L245 FEL

View my Photos
Chief
TractorPoint Premium Member -- 5 Tractors = Very Frequent Poster  View my Photos  Pics

2003-12-10          70782

circleh, if you look at picture #20 I have posted a picture of the hydraulic hose layout on my L245. You will need to buy some hydraulic fittings for the FEL hyd. lines to tap into for a pressure and return as well as the hydraulic fitting/hyd. system tap in block if your tractor does not have one. Sorry about the picture quality of the FEL hyd hose set up but that is all I the pics I have left. It is located immediately below the operators seat just below lower rate adjustment valve for the 3 pt. hitch. I still have the hydraulic diverter block for removing the FEL. If you are interested in it let me know. I paid $60 for it. I'll let it go for $30. On these tractors, if you remmove the FEL, you MUST install the hyd. diverter block or you will take a bath in hyd oil at the very least and more likely blown out seals in the hyd. system or pump. Be advised that the L245's are EXTREMELY nose heavy and light on the rear tires with the FEL installed and REQUIRE generous rear ballast. Ask me how I know. ;-) Anyhow, hope this gets you where you are working to get. ....

Building L245 FEL

View my Photos
Chief
TractorPoint Premium Member -- 5 Tractors = Very Frequent Poster  View my Photos  Pics

2003-12-12          70966

I was looking through my computer today and came across my L245DT Factory Parts Manual. If you would like, I can email it to you. It is in .pdf Acrobat Reader format and is 152 pages longs so it will take a long time to download. Let me know it you would like me to send it. ....

Building L245 FEL

View my Photos
Chief

2003-12-14          71157

How is your FEL fabrication project coming along? I got to thinking about what you are trying to do and I am wondering if it wouldn't be easier and cheaper all the way around to see if you can locate a Kubota L1200 FEL at a salvage yard or one in need of repair and install it on your L245. That is a fairly old machine and there may be a few to be had in some tractor salvage yards. That is where I got the power beyond block for mine to remove the loader. Might be worth looking into. ....

Building L245 FEL

View my Photos
circleh

2003-12-21          71881

Thanks for the reply Chief. This is my first chance to reply to you as i have spent the past week in the hospital with bad case of the flu. I would love to have the parts list in PDF format. The project is very much in the planning stage now. My first thought was that a loader from a salvage yard would be in such poor shape it would be just as easy to start from scratch. But it might not hurt to look. I don't think there is a tractor salavage yard in my area, do you know of any in the mid-west/high plains??? ....

Building L245 FEL

View my Photos
Chief

2003-12-21          71887

I got my L245 power beyond bypass kit from West Kentucky Tractor Parts 270-462-2191 ask for Robyn Crook. They may be able to help you out. Sorry to hear you were layed up with the flu. Hope you are doing better. Get me an email and I can send you the parts manual. ....

Building L245 FEL

View my Photos
TomG

2003-12-22          71908

The link below goes to a list of salvage yards. I know nothing about it other than it's something I stumbled across. Many yards don't have much for compacts and smaller though. ....

Link:   salvage yard list

Building L245 FEL

View my Photos
circleh

2003-12-23          72046

I am not sure I understand what you mean by power beyond bypass. Is it used to remove the FEL and the Open center valve allowing the pressure side to bypass to the return side??? I was planning to have the 2 spool open center valve stay with the tractor even if the FEL is removed so that it could be used for other functions. (speed mover, lift arm on 3pt ect.) Am I missing some thing??? will I still need the bypass block??? ....

Building L245 FEL

View my Photos
Chief

2003-12-23          72047

Mike, I got your email. I replied to your questions as best I could but on further thought; I would think that if you hook up your hydraulics so there is a complete circuit return flow, you would not need the power beyond kit I was speaking of. I also sent you the L245F Parts Manual. Be patient, it is over 1.6 Mb and will take a while to download. I am hoping the parts manual will help you identify the components you need. ....

Building L245 FEL

View my Photos
TomG

2003-12-24          72072

The thread doesn't have the whole discussion but if I understand, it's likely not an issue if the valve assembly is left on the tractor. A pump for an open centre system always needs a return to the reservoir and the valve assembly provides that. Without quick-connects on the loader cylinder hoses, there'd be the chance of oil on the ground if the valve were operated when the loader disconnected. Many tractors have a diveter valve that disables flow to the auxiliary system (loader valve in this case) that could be changed to 'remote' when the valve isn't in use for a long time. ....

Building L245 FEL

View my Photos
Chief

2003-12-24          72137

circleh, did you get the part manual? ....

Building L245 FEL

View my Photos
circleh

2004-01-02          72932

yes Chief, got the manual. Thankyou very much. It will be nice to have it in the PDF format.

Did the mounting cross member for the loader on your L245 mount on the 6 threaded holes on the bottom of the transmisson housing? The diameter of the holes (about 12mm,I havn't mesured yet)seem small for this purpose.

Still only planning. Thanks again ....

Building L245 FEL

View my Photos
Chief

2004-01-02          72936

To be hones; I don't remember and probably did not take notice of it when I had the tractor. Ronnie Bowman was a wealth of information on these tractors and helped me out immensely. I would sugget running these question by him. They have great prices too. ....

Link:   click here

Building L245 FEL

View my Photos
schragsj

2004-01-07          73341

Circleh,
I'm in the process of rebuilding a loader (mostly the mount) on an L225DT. I'm rebuilding it because I want to be able to mount it and dismount it in less than a minute and I think I have a design that will allow that. I'm not done building it so I'll have to reserve final judgement for awhile. I also plan to leave the loader valve on the tractor and plumb it for a remote. I can send you pictures if you're interested in the "quick-attach" design. Maybe you have better ideas - I'd be interested in hearing them. ....

Building L245 FEL

View my Photos
circleh

2004-01-18          74382

schragsi, I would like to hear any ideas you have. Iwould also like to see pictures. ....

Building L245 FEL

View my Photos
peter hagan

2005-11-16          119436

I live on a 40 acre property 2hrs south of sydney australia
and have just inherited an old and battered l245dt and need the manual to work out what i will need to order... once i strip down the engine..which overheats and has heaps of tappet noise and then fix the slipping pto shaft to get the slasher to work properly!!

thanks ....

Building L245 FEL

View my Photos
Chief

2005-11-16          119442

Peter,

I have the parts manual but not the shop maintenance manual? Which manual are you looking for? ....

Building L245 FEL

View my Photos
peter hagan

2005-11-17          119471

the parts manual would be a good start...i ordered the IT kubota L245 repair manual yesterday on the net from repair manuals dot com and hopefully this plus the parts manual will be enough to get the job done ....

Building L245 FEL

View my Photos
Chief

2005-11-17          119474

Peter, in the interest of your one stop shopping, I think your best bet would be to order your manual from the below link. If you need any particular technical support. Email Ronnie Bowman at this website in their parts department. I am not sure but I think the manuals may be free. If not let me know and I can email it to you. ....

Link:   L Series Manuals

Building L245 FEL

View my Photos
Art White

2005-11-18          119491

Peter I think I saw that tractor while out visiting dairy farms there a couple of years ago! I really don't know that but I sure did see a bunch of the older Kubotas. ....

Go Top Go Top

Share This
Share This

Member Login