Go Bottom Go Bottom

723 loader

View my Photos
shortmagnum
TractorPoint Premium Member -- 5 Tractors = Very Frequent Poster  View my Photos  Pics

2003-12-02          70089

I need a favor from someone out there who has access to a 723 loader. Mine is 3 hours away from me right now and I need a measurement of the distance separating the two main lift arms at a point close to the bucket pivot point. The measurement doesn't have to be exact, possibly center to center with +- 1/2" accuracy (I just need clearance). I'm fabricating an attachment and measured everything but the separation distance.
Thanks, Dave

Reply to | Quote Post Reply to PostQuote Reply | Add PhotoAdd Photo

723 loader

View my Photos
hornworm
TractorPoint Premium Member -- 5 Tractors = Very Frequent Poster

2003-12-02          70153

ITs 40" center to center or 371/2" inside to inside and 42 1/2" outside to outside. this was taken pretty close to the buckets pivot pin (1/2") this is on my L3130DT the LA723 loader. I hope this helps you out if you need pictures I can do that as well ....

723 loader

View my Photos
shortmagnum
TractorPoint Premium Member -- 5 Tractors = Very Frequent Poster  View my Photos  Pics

2003-12-02          70161

Thanks much for the measurement hornworm. I'm building a grapple and I didn't want the upper pinchers which will be fixed to a quick attach plate to hit the lower ones which will be mounted solidly to the loader lift arms. I just came in from doing all the welding. I hope it works as good this weekend as it does in my imagination. :-)

Dave ....

723 loader

View my Photos
shortmagnum

2003-12-11          70864

If anyone's interested I have posted some pix of my "poor man's grapple" on #1 and #2. It's a single purpose implement but in this case it only cost me $60 for some used steel. It's built from 5"x3" rectangular steel with 1/4" thickness. I spent one evening cutting out pieces (chop saw) and another evening welding them up and painting them. The lower arms are mounted solid to the FEL lift arms and the upper arms are bolted to a quick detach plate. With this geometry I should be able to pick up logs up to 24" diameter. My need for them is to pile spruce pulp and sawlogs from a 2-3 acre stand that I'm thinning. I was a bit worried about the strength of the butt welds all along the thing so I squeezed the log with all the loader had with no breakage. So far so good after 4 hours use.

If I had Murf's skidding tongs I wouldn't even have to get out of the tractor seat (see log skidding II). :-)

Oh yes, picture #3 shows yet another purpose for an FEL, no dragging. LOL ....

723 loader

View my Photos
kwschumm

2003-12-11          70866

Your grapple looks like it is doing the job you need done. It sure is a unique design. Nice work! ....

723 loader

View my Photos
Art White

2003-12-11          70904

Looking at those pic's saw that you have one of AMC's better offerings there. I have a friend with one that he shows quite a bit. He used to drive it but just shows it now. ....

723 loader

View my Photos
shortmagnum

2003-12-12          70919

Thanks Art, It's really still a project also. I have a stripped rust free body from Arizona up on a rotisserie. The inside, bottom and engine compartment are sandblasted and painted (Big Bad orange). I still have to paint the main body. I just finished rebuilding the engine (most everything new except the crank and rods). I think I should be able to get it on the road by this summer.
Dave ....

723 loader

View my Photos
Chief

2003-12-12          70922

You do nice work shortmagnum! That is a pretty hefty size log it is holding so it obviously works well. I like that 6 point buck the bucket is holding. Indeed an excellent use for the FEL! ;-) You have a beautiful place there. ....

723 loader

View my Photos
shortmagnum

2003-12-12          70924

Thanks Cheif, Actually it's an 8 pt. Not a wall hanger but I'll take it. I had to crash through alot of brush before I could throw it in the bucket.
Dave ....

723 loader

View my Photos
Art White

2003-12-12          70947

His came from the factory in a brown which I guess makes it unusal. SOunds like you area doing it right. I did forget to say nice looking job on that grapple. What do you figure your costs are? ....

723 loader

View my Photos
shortmagnum

2003-12-12          70952

For the grapple? $60 in steel and $125 for the quick attach plate, maybe $20 in welding rod and cutoff and grinder wheels. I can unbolt the plate though to use for other things if I want to. It would be nice have pallet forks too. The place I bought the steel (Elk Mound WI) has salvaged pallet forks for $150 that could be mounted to the quick attach plate. ....

723 loader

View my Photos
Art White

2003-12-12          70958

Thats a good investment. I've found that a tool like what you have built is also great for moving bruch after the logs are gone. ....

Go Top Go Top

Share This
Share This

Member Login