Go Bottom Go Bottom

BX 2210 7510 4110 Frustrated and Confused

View my Photos
chuckles
TractorPoint Premium Member -- 5 Tractors = Very Frequent Poster  View my Photos  Pics

2003-11-12          68558

Guys,

Thanks for all the help, but.....I am more confused than I was before. I thought buying a 4110 or B7510 would be OK to Finish mow the 3 acres of grass and maintain the 2 acre wood lot, and clear snow on my super paved long drive over 1000 feet with 6000 sq ft parking lot.

Art is saying buy a small tired BX or 2210!

Others are saying finish cut on B7510 is poor but B2910 (a much much bigger tractor than the B7510) is better, with the samller BX or 2210 being near Skag quality.

I will be p ow'd if I buy a B7510 and it does not mow as darn close to the cut my Wheelhorse does as you can see in my pix.

Also if spend $15,000 on a BX2200 and I get stuck in my woods with it I'll be up in NY to talk to Art about what went wrong with the advice. Or I lose traction on the 13% grade on my drive. Or if I find the little tires on a BX won't let me use the loader to clear slush on my parking area!

Excuse me but I am just ranting, because I was convinced that a B7510 or 4110 would be OK and I am hearing that it ain't the right choice. I am just p'owd I will be out in the cold with that darn Wheelhorse this winter, ahhhhhh! 76&%W$%W^%%!!!!

Reply to | Quote Post Reply to PostQuote Reply | Add PhotoAdd Photo

View my Photos
DRankin
TractorPoint Premium Member -- 5 Tractors = Very Frequent Poster  View my Photos  Pics

2003-11-12          68559

A couple of thoughts from a guy who has had most of the tractors on your list.

If you are going into the woods on a regular basis, cross the BX, GC2300, 2210 or any other small wheeled tractor off your list. Just do it and move on.

Now you are left with a question. Maybe the finish mowers on the remaining tractors will not be as good as the little guys, but last time I checked a large mower deck for a 4110 cost about the same as a whole riding mower from Sears or similar retailer.

So what's wrong with having two machines?

If money is not tight a BX1500 could mow in the summer and blow in the winter and park next to a B7400 that wears blades all year and works in the woods and the garden. ....

View my Photos
buzst1

2003-11-12          68560

chuckles, Ok lets see if we can confuse you more... I think the fact that your property is hilly, you need to move lots of snow and work in the woods means you need ground clearance and big filled tires - this should point you in the direction of the 4110 or 7500 for this work.
Your pictures show primarly open mowing areas, but you can't really get a feel for the steepness of the grade but it does seem from the pictures that you have enough room that you will not have to do a lot of mowing across the slope (you can go up and down). This combined with the fact that you want to work the woodlot means to me that you need a rfm not a mid mount (taking off the mid to go in the woods is a pain). Thus the mowing advantage of the bx is negated and you have the opportunity to evaluate many rfm's for quality of cut.
finally, with the larger machine you should not need a snowblower just the loader on the front and blade on back. it works great and keeps you warmer and drier than the blower. Should you decide later you want the blower you can always add it.
Hope this helps but remember its only my opinion. good luck ....

View my Photos
chuckles

2003-11-12          68561

I will only be going into the woods infrequently to pull dead logs out, and to clean up in there. For this activity a couple of days in the spring and the fall. Other than that I will be doing mulch and bringing garden debris into the woods for a compost pile.

Mark, I will only be happy if I have ONE fully utilized machine I will be in a mental institution if I have one Tractor for this One tractor for that. I will just call somebody and give them green straight from my wallet, the heck with it. Is this so hard to accomplish!!!

Buzst1 pix 3 is my steepest grade.

When I started looking at Compacts I thought a rear mount would be easier to handle. But now I think that the machine will have the mmm all mowing season, and this would save me room in the garage for storage. But does a rear mount mow better than a mmm B7510 ?

Most dealers are telling I will be most unhappy with using a bucke and rear blade on the paved drive. I will wind up with surface of compacted snow on my 10-12% slope putting me into heavy duty salt mode.uuggggh!

With the current blower I get the drive down to pavement and it gets nice and clean as soon as the sun comes out.

View my Photos
Ducati996

2003-11-12          68562

Hi Chuckles,

yep its me again...nothing less than a blower for your driveway will do IMO. Its too long to push with a blade or using a bucket. Hopefully you have seen the machines up close, because when you see the differences between machines
it will help you decide with less confusion. If now height and clearance is an issue, you just eliminated some of the guess work. Dont get fustrated on this decision or with anyones advice. You eventually will have all the info to make the right choice. It looks like what you have now to cut the lawn is working well, so whats wrong with keeping it for that? then you get a machine for the snow and FEL work, and save money as well...

I hope your brother isnt giving anymore advice :)

Duc ....

View my Photos
chuckles

2003-11-12          68563

The current 20 year old Wheelhorse deck is rusting out wearing out, and it is too small (42" and is the biggest deck this 12 hp unit will Handle). Takes too long to mow 3 acres.. I want to get rid of it after I buy the new stuff with a 60" deck, I have a three car garage and there ain't enough room.

Yes I have been at the dealer. The Bx has wider tread than my wheelhorse but only slightly bigger in diameter, I felt hmmm too small I'll slip on the driveway in snow.

I have always felt I needed a tractor twice the size of the Wheelhorse.

View my Photos
chuckles

2003-11-12          68564

Buzst1,

You have one acre of grass and one of woods are you finish mowing with that 2150? The 2150 is bigger than the B7510 and the B2910 was the its replacement rigth? ....

View my Photos
buzst1

2003-11-12          68567

chuckles, the reason I love my 2150 is that it's wheelbase is one inch shorter than the 7500 (yes 7500), wider, with a lower center of gravity, but is still 24hp. this makes it very stable, manuverable, and powerful. My mower is not optimum, its an old 48" woods but works ok. I still have a 48" exmark with mulching kit to clean up leaves or if I need some exercise. ....

View my Photos
Art White

2003-11-12          68598

The decks on the B-7510 work just fine. They are different as they are a ground engaging deck vs a suspended deck on the BX. They are as good as anyones deck that has been built. The new tractors offer a 1/4inching valve which is really neat to operate when doing excavation or any use of the hitch. I say you should come to NY and I'll show you where my customers have been going and what they have been doing. Bring a trailer and you can leave with your new unit as soon as we get thru demoing the reat of the line-up! ....

View my Photos
DRankin

2003-11-12          68604

A 4115 will run a 72 inch MMM deck and has the fastest change-over from FEL to blade/blower on the market. ....

View my Photos
Auggie
TractorPoint Premium Member -- 5 Tractors = Very Frequent Poster

2003-11-14          68746

Been there, and been just as confused. Owned a BX2200 and loved it but wanted something a bit taller and more tractor like on the rear end. Thought about a B2710 but went with the slightly smaller B2410. Amazing machine. Front end loader works like a dream. It even hangs deer nicely. I was worried about the cutting deck cuz it rolls on the grass unlike the BX which hovers. It's just as good as the BX and with the extra power, it eats up any small branch that you might find in the woods. The industrial tires don't tear up the lawn, either. They're in between the turfs and ags. And since the BX did so well with a rear plow in the snow, I suspect the B2410 will be great too and with the added front-end loader, like wow! Full disclosure: I've also got a riding mower to do right around the house. ....

View my Photos
Art White

2003-11-14          68794

Auggie, did you feel you really needed to move because the BX wasn't enough tractor? Why did you move up? You didn't say you were unhappy with the performance. ....

View my Photos
grinder

2003-11-15          68800

Sounds very familiar, I have just purchased the 7500 hst/ldr
after months of lost wages reserching and looking.
Everyones needs seem to be a little different as does the
property they want to take care of. Mine seems to be like yours,2 acs. of lawn and 2 of woods as well as the
large paved drive and parking area. I was certin the 2210 was for me. But the small wheels of a sub- compact and the "limited" 3pth bothered me. I also am trying to do it all with one machine.I have just purchased a 54" 3 pth
blower. On and off in 5 min. no swearing! I still need to solve my mowing needs,but I have all winter to figure it out.
mmm,rfm, riding lawnmower?
I've plowed (with a pick up for 25 yrs. as many as 60 driveways per winter.
I got out of the business and bought a blower for my paved
drive,I would never go back. Love my 7500,for my needs it seems perfect,I know I would have stuck a sub-compact in the mud by now.orange, blue ,green,just go get it,there is no one answer. ....

View my Photos
c5er
TractorPoint Premium Member -- 5 Tractors = Very Frequent Poster

2004-03-30          81583

7510 60mmm Deck. - a couple of times in this post its states the mmm is grounf engaging and not suspended. One local dealer also told me this, However another dealer and the specs at kubota.com say that the deck is suspended. -who's right. If it is ground engaging - how well does it mow compare to suspended. ....

View my Photos
itsgottobegreen

2004-03-30          81593

I cut grass for a living, you would be better off buying your self a eXmark 48" metro for $2700 to cut the grass with. Then get yourself the B7510. Look at my pic. I have a B7500 with a 51" 3pt snow blower. I plow 35 driveways with it to make money during the winter. Also the snowplow you see i am mounting to the loader arms like a curtis snow plow. I have a MMM on mine, but thats because i bought it used. I use the tractor strictly for dirt work. The only reason i still have it because my parents are going to get this tractor when i move out. I got another one coming this year a L2600 from another neighor (hopefully). The mower deck rides on the ground. Which is good, less weight on tractor tires=less ground damage. Does less scalping since its riding on the ground. The suspended mowers wheels just try to prevent this. The tractor want to go one way, the ground the other so the deck contacts the ground. So the kubota drag type is better since it truly floats on the ground. Just to let you know if you really want a MMM. ....

View my Photos
grinder

2004-03-31          81669

Will
What would you use for blades on a 60" MMM for my 7500?
I don' t want to bag or rake or Blow leaves!!! Gators?
or is there a better set up? ....

View my Photos
jarndt

2004-03-31          81671

I'll throw one more oppinion into the hat. I would tend to concur with Art, I think a BX series tractor would be adequate. However, it would not leave you much room for "growth".

There are some key benefits to the BX, smaller = more manuverable, big HP/TQ in a small package with nearly all the same basic capabilities (scaled down, of course). That's the whole idea behind the BX and also what makes it so appealing to many folks.

BTW, you won't have any trouble going into the woods or climbing slopes with a BX. I do both with my little BX1500 all the time. Just use you head and don't bury it in the mud. They are heavier than they look and MUCH heavier than your WheelHorse.

If it were my money though, I would tend to lean towards the B-series. For your purposes, it would have virtually no limitations and give you a bit of room for expansion. The deciding factor for the B-series over the BX-series would be your snow removal requirement. That's a lot of pavement to clear. A heavier tractor with bigger tires and a bigger snowblower will help tremendously.

As far as mowing goes, I wouldn't worry about quality of cut too much. The biggest factor there is deck width. The wider the deck, the lower the quality. A wider deck has less ability to follow ground contour. If your land is flat, you've got nothing to worry about. If it is extremely uneven, then overlapping passes can help overcome the limitations of a wide deck. In any case, it will be a much different experience than a WheelHorse. For the better!

Go Top Go Top

Share This
Share This

Member Login