Go Bottom Go Bottom

b7500 hst 50 hour maint

View my Photos
bewing
TractorPoint Premium Member -- 5 Tractors = Very Frequent Poster

2003-11-05          68093

My b7500 just reached 50 hours and it has been a blast. The dealer told me I should change the motor oil and filter according to the manual but for the hst and hydro he recommended to just change the 2 filters only and then top off the fluid. Any opinions?

Reply to | Quote Post Reply to PostQuote Reply | Add PhotoAdd Photo

b7500 hst 50 hour maint

View my Photos
Chief
TractorPoint Premium Member -- 5 Tractors = Very Frequent Poster  View my Photos  Pics

2003-11-05          68097

Do the service by the book and change all the oils out. The 50 hr. service is the most critical and replacing the oil maximizes removal of all break-in debry. You won't have to do it again for a LONG time so do it right the first time. ....

b7500 hst 50 hour maint

View my Photos
bewing

2003-11-05          68098

Is there a service manual I can buy. The owners manual seems to be a bit distant on specific information. ....

b7500 hst 50 hour maint

View my Photos
kwschumm
TractorPoint Premium Member -- 5 Tractors = Very Frequent Poster  View my Photos  Pics

2003-11-05          68099

I agree, not changing the fluids is penny wise and pound foolish. I'm amazed any dealer would recommend taking this shortcut. ....

b7500 hst 50 hour maint

View my Photos
Chief

2003-11-05          68100

Ronnie at Tractor Smart sells them. Give him a call. He can answer any questions you have as well. He was a wealth of information for me when I had my Kubota. ....

Link:   Tractor Smart

b7500 hst 50 hour maint

View my Photos
Art White

2003-11-06          68118

The first change is the most important change. I do doubt that the service manual would be any clearer then the owners manual other then there might be a better picture of the chassis for reference. I've been told many times that it was to deep and left to much out for the lay tractor owner to move forward with. It is your choice but unless you are going to be doing a lot of your own work, which why by a Kubota then you won't need it to much. ....

b7500 hst 50 hour maint

View my Photos
vermontpaul

2003-11-12          68538

I HAD MY 50 HR SERVICE DONE AT MY HOME IN VERMONT. THEY ONLY CHANGED ONE TRANSMISSION FILTER AND DID NOT TAKE OUT THE STRAINER. THE MECHANIC THEY SENT W3AS NOT TOO FAMILIAR WITH KUBOTA AND HAD TO KEEP REFERRING TO MY OWNERS MANUAL. I HAVEN'T BEEN BILLED YET BUT AM GOING TO RAISE SOME QUESTIONS ON THE SERVICE WHEN I RECEIVE IT. IS THIS UNUSUAL, THE COMPANY HAS BEEN A KUBOTA DEALER FOR A LONG TIME ....

b7500 hst 50 hour maint

View my Photos
DRankin

2003-11-12          68544

Sorry. That is WRONG! The manuals are very specific on that point. I would get that HST drained and refilled.

You might also try to contact an area rep for Kubota to get his view on this policy. ....

b7500 hst 50 hour maint

View my Photos
Murf

2003-11-12          68546

I agree whole-heartedly, changing fluids is the best extended warranty you can buy, and probably the cheapest too.

I would ask the dealer to put their advice in writing and see if it changes....

Best of luck. ....

b7500 hst 50 hour maint

View my Photos
vermontpaul

2003-11-12          68547

MARK, NOTICED THAT YOUR RETIRED. BEEN DOING THE SAME PROFESSION FOR 36 YEARS IN BOSTON. WHERE DID YOU RETIRE FROM. AM GOING TO HAVE DISCUSSION WITH DEALER AND PROBABLY HAVE THEM COME BACK AND REDO IT. AFTER WATCHING IT DONE, COULD PROBABLY DO IT MYSELF. ....

b7500 hst 50 hour maint

View my Photos
DRankin

2003-11-12          68548

The fluid and filter changes are only slightly more complicated than changing the oil on your car.

You should have no problems as long as you plan for the volume of oil that drains from the HST and have a large container to catch it.

Both Wildman and I are retired from the Anchorage Police Department. Wildman was a traffic guy and I was an old fashioned foot beat type.

b7500 hst 50 hour maint

View my Photos
vermontpaul

2003-11-12          68554

I DID 33 YEARS IN NARCOTICS, NOW THE COURT PROSECUTOR. ALOT LESS STRESS, THIS JOB WILL KEEP ME AROUND AWHILE. ....

Go Top Go Top

Share This
Share This

Member Login