Go Bottom Go Bottom

Kubota BX1500

View my Photos
GaryH
TractorPoint Premium Member -- 5 Tractors = Very Frequent Poster

2003-08-17          62020

I am thinking about the BX1500. Please tell me your experiences, what options you have, what the prices are, etc.

I have 2.5 acres and plan to start with a mower and tiller.

Thanks very much!

Gary

Reply to | Quote Post Reply to PostQuote Reply | Add PhotoAdd Photo

Kubota BX1500

View my Photos
Art White
TractorPoint Premium Member -- 5 Tractors = Very Frequent Poster  View my Photos  Pics

2003-08-18          62045

Gary those are new this season and for the ones we have out we have heard nothing but good and have not seen them back at the shop for any type of adjustments. ....

Kubota BX1500

View my Photos
jd2210
TractorPoint Premium Member -- 5 Tractors = Very Frequent Poster  View my Photos  Pics

2003-08-18          62054

The BX1500 must be considered one of the very best buys out there for the dollar, when you consider it's features, diesel engine, 4WD, and 3 point. In addition, Kubota is known to build outstanding engines. ....

Kubota BX1500

View my Photos
8NFord

2003-08-23          62521

I've got a Bx1500 and it continues to amaze me. I also have the FEL and it is so handy. Tractor has plenty of power and drags logs almost as good as my 8N. No trouble whatsoever.
JD ....

Kubota BX1500

View my Photos
Gorham4

2005-04-27          110415

I've had mine for about two months. I bought it after my ols Simplicity died and there was a 2' snow storm on the way.I was concerned about the 15hp with a 48" thower, but had no problems when cleaning up after the storm with 3-4' drifts so that said alot to me. I just removed the thrower and put the deck on and was amazed at how well thoight out everything was. And I marvelled at the heavy construction. It did and excellent job on my first mow with fairly soft ground. I compared the Cub 5000 and the Simplicity and was shocked that the Kubota was actually less expensive it had a smaller engine 15 diesel vs 21 gas and it was 4 wheel vs 2 wheel drive. So far I'm very happy, I would add that if you can swing it going up one level would give you complete peace of mind as far as hp goes. Hope this helps ....

Kubota BX1500

View my Photos
jarndt

2005-04-27          110421

I'll echo everything everyone else has said. The BX1500 is a lot of bang for the buck and absolutely perfect for 2.5 acres. Don't be concerned with the 15hp engine, it's a mule! You will run out of traction long before you run out of power. ....

Kubota BX1500

View my Photos
cthonestguy

2005-04-28          110490

I have a bx2200 which is pretty much the same thing w/ a bigger engine. ZERO major problems. You will be very happy with that machine and they hold the value very well when they get old. ....

Kubota BX1500

View my Photos
JOHN THOMAS

2005-04-29          110497

I had a BX2200 with fel and mmm. I bought a BX1500 with 54"mmm so my wife could help me mow. It works great. Have traded BX2200 for a B7800 to do more of the heavy work but still have the BX1500 for mowing and also use it to pull landscape rake some times. Don't know about the tillers need for hp but as some one else told you, you will lose traction before losing pull power on any mowing. I had recommended to my neighbor the BX1500 because all he needs is a mower but he went for the BX1800 for that man's thing of "more power". Not putting him down, that's why I went for the BX2200 to start with. ....

Kubota BX1500

View my Photos
lbrown59

2006-02-24          125044

I compared the Cub 5000 and the Simplicity and was shocked that the Kubota was actually less expensive it had a smaller engine 15 diesel vs 21 gas and it was 4 wheel vs 2 wheel drive. So far I'm very happy,

=====
I've found a new bx1500 with a 54'' mmm for $6050 or $5700 without the mower.
That's a bunch less than Simplicity & John Deere Garden Tractors.
Why pay more for a lawn and garden tractor?
~~~~~~~~~

MY FIRST CAR http://chevy.tocmp.com/chevyscrapbook/files/kamp50.jpg ....

Kubota BX1500

View my Photos
boiler

2006-02-24          125081

Had a bx1500 with 165 hrs. on it when I traded it in for a bx23, because I needed a backhoe. Had absolutley zero problems with this machine. The loader will impress you with what it can do and the 54" deck will cut through the toughest grass with ease.It sips on fuel and can take any 3 point attachment you throw at it with no problems.I still miss it sometimes. ....

Kubota BX1500

View my Photos
lbrown59

2006-02-25          125100

Had a bx1500 with 165 hrs. on it when I traded it in for a bx23, because I needed a backhoe. Had absolutely zero problems with this machine. The loader will impress you with what it can do and the 54" deck will cut through the toughest grass with ease. It sips on fuel and can take any 3 point attachment you throw at it with no problems. I still miss it sometimes.
bolier

=====
How does the Bx 23 compare with the BX1500?
What are some of the differences you've noticed between them??
I would love to have a BX1500 with a front blade and rear tiller to complement my BX 23.
~~~~~~~~~
OUR FIRST CAR http://www.hubcapcafe.com/ocs/pages01/chev6003.htm
~~~~~~~~~~

Link:    My first car

Go Top Go Top

Share This
Share This

Member Login