Go Bottom Go Bottom

B2710 Assembly

View my Photos
jcrossfield
TractorPoint Premium Member -- 5 Tractors = Very Frequent Poster

2003-06-02          56291

I was looking at the B7800 but both of the Kubota dealers I talked to said that they were a little difficult to obtain and suggested a B2710.
Both dealers were close in price and I selected the closest. I call today to see if they located a tractor and loader. They said the loader and tractor frame were in but the engine was due in on Wednesday.
Does the dealer generally install the engine???

Reply to | Quote Post Reply to PostQuote Reply | Add PhotoAdd Photo

B2710 Assembly

View my Photos
slowrev

2003-06-02          56296

Does the dealer operate out of a truck or something ? I woud stay away from that dealer/tractor.

B2710 Assembly

View my Photos
DRankin
TractorPoint Premium Member -- 5 Tractors = Very Frequent Poster  View my Photos  Pics

2003-06-02          56303

Most Kubota tractors are shipped in pieces and require major assembly at the dealer level.

Not real sure about the engine thing, but I know other major components must be assembled. ....

B2710 Assembly

View my Photos
jcrossfield

2003-06-02          56310

The dealer is an established farm tractor and implement dealer that has been in the same location about 30 years.

Are they "pulling my leg"........... ....

B2710 Assembly

View my Photos
slowrev

2003-06-02          56315

Mark,
Do you mean they assemble the tractor or just hook on the attachments and tires ?
If they really assemble the tractors at the dealers...this could explain the varying degrees of assembly type of problems that some customers have. Different levels of quality control at different dealers, rather than one constant level at the factory.

B2710 Assembly

View my Photos
Art White
TractorPoint Premium Member -- 5 Tractors = Very Frequent Poster  View my Photos  Pics

2003-06-02          56334

YOUR LEG HAS BEEN PULLED. ....

B2710 Assembly

View my Photos
DRankin

2003-06-02          56371

I was told that on some models the rear axle/transmission is shipped in a seperate crate from the rest of the basic tractor, but I am sure Art can clear that issue up too. ....

B2710 Assembly

View my Photos
cutter

2003-06-02          56378

I'm no dealer but there are several of assorted brands around here. I have seen the smaller ones crated up in need of tires and accessories and the larger ones shipped in various stages of readiness, but never a drive train separated from them. ....

B2710 Assembly

View my Photos
DRankin

2003-06-02          56415

It is entirely possible I have had my leg pulled too, or as my late father would say, someone blew smoke up my a.... well, never mind.

I will check my ankle for fingerprints first thing in the morning. ....

B2710 Assembly

View my Photos
jcrossfield

2003-06-04          56636

I stopped by the dealer today. My tractor was in. They are awaiting the loader to arrive.
The owner's brother grinned when I ask about installing the engine. They must enjoy us "newbees" ....

B2710 Assembly

View my Photos
JerryG

2003-06-04          56638

I have not looked at all brands before assembly, but the compacts that I have looked at only needed the wheels, ROPS, steering wheel, 3 point arms and maybe the fenders. ....

B2710 Assembly

View my Photos
Chief

2003-06-04          56644

Don't let this dealer steer you into a tractor that you may not want. If you want a B7800 by gosh, tell him that is what you want! Settle for nothing less. I think I would deal somewhere else. All of this leg pulling and BS is not what a new perspective tractor buy needs or needs to tolerate. If this dealer is like this now........ beware later on down the road. He won't be pulling your leg; he'll be digging in that wallet. ....

B2710 Assembly

View my Photos
Art White

2003-06-05          56675

Mark, it's past your time to have checked up on the finger prints on your ankles! Sooner or later it happens to everyone. Just need to listen to enough people and sooner or later it happens. I listened to a young man on tour doing farm shows with one of the majors and he was quick to reasure me that the 30 horsepower on the engine was a good number on the pto to, why should I think that there would be a difference? I spent two hours there until one of their local dealers recognized me, I was having such a good time! There were more slip ups on the other machines they had displayed. One young man informed me that they "Knew Best" what everyone needed. They were college students working during the summer trained by this company and hoped to go to work for them later. ....

B2710 Assembly

View my Photos
DRankin

2003-06-05          56688

I should have known better.

This was the same guy who promised a one week delivery in september and the tractor finally showed up in december and he couldn't understand why anyone would be upset over that. ....

B2710 Assembly

View my Photos
bigbukhntr

2003-06-08          57102

whew...I fell much better now too....the dealer showed me the crate that my new 3010 came in and told me he had to finish asembling it, and I just assumed he meant stuff like steering wheel, ROPS and wheels / tires and such....

I sure was hoping that the engine and transmission came already installed...

It might be a good joke to the dealers, but its 15-20 grand of our money that we're spending, and I really want a dealer who shoots straight and doesnt kid around about things like that! I dont mind kidding around about muffler bearings and changing the air in the tires, but I would of seriously considered not buying that machine if the engine had to be installed, then who would the joke of been on? ....

Go Top Go Top

Share This
Share This

Member Login